MJ Arsenal Mini rigs worthwhile?

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Not sure if anyone has tried these, but they’ve got a 20% off sale going for 4/20 (code 420sale, unfortunately the 30% off code seems to be all used up).

I know on Reddit people like them with dynavaps, but I’m mostly curious if they’re worthwhile as an entry level dab rig (I already have a larger glass piece I’m happy with for flower so this would just be for funzies/maybe to show off to friends when I’m traveling to their places). Anyone used them and know if they’re decent? The kit with everything id theoretically need to dab and the Ursa comes out to ~$70

Kins

They seem very popular and are made in the US. I always wanted to try them but never actually hit the submit button.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah they are legit! I actually know someone whose brother works there in Colorado lol Good company, and I just got a Chinese rig, my first recycler, it was much smaller than I expected once it arrived, reminding me of these MJA rigs, and I can confirm it still works phenomenally small! Recyclers are expensive, so getting them tiny is the way to save, and they are still very effective :tup:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I have the ursa and while it is well constructed for how cheap it is, I don't tend to use it too much because of the size, it's the only 10mm rig I have. However this is also because of the devices I'd like to use with it being larger. I could totally see how it would be a rad little rig for a dynavap or a small 10mm torch banger!

tb42091

@Kins- what makes you think MJ Arsenal is made in America? From what I saw, their website avoids mentioning where the products are made, and only states that they are based in Colorado, not made, which is a big difference.

I just sent them a message through their website asking though, so hopefully they will indulge me. I am fairly certain that their price point makes it pretty much impossible for their pieces to be made in the US. But like I've said before, personally I don't care. I have some china glass and it serves a purpose, especially considering glass is breakable and we are high around it. I just wish glass companies in particular were more transparent about imports.

gordontreeman

Yeah @Shit Snacks I think the first time I tried dabbing was when I moved to California a few years ago. I moved in June and was at a Fourth of July party. I didn’t even know what dabbing was when someone asked if I wanted to try it, so he heated the....banger? The little quartz bucket....for me. 30 minutes later my friend was asking if I was ok because I wasn’t saying anything and just staring at the fire lol.

Might give it a go as it has the full kit. The small size and dose is probably more appropriate for me given the above and that I don’t get concentrate too often. The 10mm size is a bit of a bummer @710yota. I’ve got a bb9 or m I could use with my Woodscents and Flower I suppose. Like I said, though, my china glass water pipe is larger and I have no problems milking that up with my WS 🙂

Shit Snacks

@gordontreeman for what it's worth, I got the china glass Biao T Klein Recycler from milesxdeep on EntEchange in purple without the banger and carb cap, but his standard is to include them and he has them available for $10 cheaper and clear... Though it is small, the joint is actually 14 mm, if that is more appealing to you than the 10 mm of the MJA, and you would save money?

I got more into it because I have a friend here in Cali who is into it, so bit by bit I do more and more with him, now my tolerance has gone up and I can get my own stuff, after having done convection dabbing on my own a bit I finally have my own setup now! My banger is probably a little bigger than I need, and I have Sai and Sai+ with quartz buckets and WPAs as e-rigs basically...

Either way I think you will be fine for your needs, I'll probably get a smaller banger at some point, maybe even 10 mm since I do have a adapter for my IQ2 already!

gordontreeman

@Shit Snacks I’ll look into his offerings! I was looking at the set from MJ Arsenal that includes the pieces, an upgraded “full weld” banger—tbh I have no idea what that means—carb cap, a dab tool, and a little cloth carrying case. I don’t know if I need any of that but if it ends up being comparable in price I’d think about it. The carrying case would have some limited utility for bringing it along to see friends, but I mean so would just saving the box. I can’t see myself ever wanting to being a glass rig for any real on the go scenarios. Just kind of saw the sale and started impulse shopping 😂

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks I’ll look into his offerings! I was looking at the set from MJ Arsenal that includes the pieces, an upgraded “full weld” banger—tbh I have no idea what that means—carb cap, a dab tool, and a little cloth carrying case. I don’t know if I need any of that but if it ends up being comparable in price I’d think about it. The carrying case would have some limited utility for bringing it along to see friends, but I mean so would just saving the box. I can’t see myself ever wanting to being a glass rig for any real on the go scenarios. Just kind of saw the sale and started impulse shopping 😂

Haha yeah that makes sense and sounds typical, I ended up with my new rig just impulsively seeing it on Reddit, I mean this is how I ended up with the Sai stuff and I had gotten my banger from Puff It Up as well... By the way I have a ton of tools from Rogue Wax Works, he and his stuff is awesome, perfect dab equipment but also fantastic tools for a variety of other vapes!! Also on sale now ;)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Bologna

gordontreeman

Already ordered a few pieces from rww! He sent along what I think are some dab tools, but they didn’t come with handles beyond the metal, unfortunately. They’ll do the trick until I’m ready to order a few more though.

Shit Snacks

Already ordered a few pieces from rww! He sent along what I think are some dab tools, but they didn’t come with handles beyond the metal, unfortunately. They’ll do the trick until I’m ready to order a few more though.

Yeah those little freebies he gives with every order, those are like Chinese vape dab tools, they work though his other designs are much nicer! I'm going to post my latest haul from him in his thread here, would love to see what you got ;)

tb42091

MJ Arsenal got back to me already, really fast communication. They said "We manufacture all of our glass out of the Chinese province known as Hebei. We have been working with a small glass blowing team that we've developed a great relationship with over the past 4 years."

I gotta say though, considering how fast they got back to me I would feel comfortable buying from them for sure. I'm sure their quality control is a lot better than most things on DHgate.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I own a mj Arsenal rig the one with the little jar with plug. Awesome little rig, tinier that I thought but functions awesome and you don’t drink water. Sadly I tipped about a week after I got and broke at the weld for the joint that comes off of main reservoir. It was a clean break so it’s sitting in the glass graveyard if I ever get the courage to try n weld back together with mapp gas.

Kins

I own a mj Arsenal rig the one with the little jar with plug. Awesome little rig, tinier that I thought but functions awesome and you don’t drink water. Sadly I tipped about a week after I got and broke at the weld for the joint that comes off of main reservoir. It was a clean break so it’s sitting in the glass graveyard if I ever get the courage to try n weld back together with mapp gas.

Purr glass does repairs, just in case you want to have it fixed.

MJ Arsenal got back to me already, really fast communication. They said "We manufacture all of our glass out of the Chinese province known as Hebei. We have been working with a small glass blowing team that we've developed a great relationship with over the past 4 years."

I gotta say though, considering how fast they got back to me I would feel comfortable buying from them for sure. I'm sure their quality control is a lot better than most things on DHgate.

Yeah I wrote to them the same time and asked because I wasn't really sure either. I usually stick with USA made glass if I can help it. Sure some Chinese glass is "good", just not as good as USA quality.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Purr glass does repairs, just in case you want to have it fixed.
Yeah I won mine from CCV and don’t have much use for 10mm I do need to get around to finishing sending in another form for a glass piece I was going to have them fix. Have you ever used them?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I have been happy with my MJ Arsenal Mini rigs. Right now I have Atlas, Royale, Jammer, Hydra and Hydra for vape. I like them all, so I plan to get more when they have 30% off. Perfect for Dynavap, but I also use with 10mm M to 14mm F adapter, and use with whips, etc. With the Eyce 10mm bowl, I can use with the Neo. Haven't tried the MJ Arsenal bowl, as I haven't ordered one yet.
MJ Arsenal does this thing where they have 30% off before "holidays" like 420, 710, Black Friday, rather than on the day whereit tends to be 20% off. If you are on the mailing list you'll get notified, and it's only for a day, but 30% is nice.

xer0

My buddy loves MJA pipes. He's close to having at least one of every model.

I like them but am not a fan of the 10mm connection. They do have one model, the Titan, available in 14mm on another website. I did pick up one of those and I love it. Pairs beautifully with the Super Surfer.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
My buddy loves MJA pipes. He's close to having at least one of every model.

I like them but am not a fan of the 10mm connection. They do have one model, the Titan, available in 14mm on another website. I did pick up one of those and I love it. Pairs beautifully with the Super Surfer.
I'd love the Titan in 14mm. Any of them, really.

gordontreeman

Never followed up on this, but fwiw I picked up the claude to use with dynavaps/for funzies. As a recycler it performs admirably and functions as you'd expect without me swallowing water. Probably due to its size its not my favorite with a vape, though. Its small enough that the cooling is pretty minimal. With a torch + dynavap its pretty easy to take a large enough hit that it isn't a very comfortable experience. The heat doesn't hurt my throat per se, but its enough to lead to a coughing fit which I try to avoid with my other water pieces.

When I can get some concentrates I'd love to take it for a spin and see how it works for dabbing!

xer0

I'd love the Titan in 14mm. Any of them, really.

There's the link. :)

I e-mailed MJA a while back about possibly doing a 14mm line and they seemed open to the idea. Said they would look into it.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

There's the link. :)

I e-mailed MJA a while back about possibly doing a 14mm line and they seemed open to the idea. Said they would look into it.
I'd prefer 14mm.
Thank you for the link, @xer0
I just got a Stundenglass, and have no idea what I'm doing with glass now.

I just ordered a limited edition 'Iridescent' Claude with matching bubble carb cap, along with a premium full weld quartz banger. For $110 (with 15% off coupon) I could not resist. I recently got my first E-rig (Dr. Dabber Switch) and love it, but wanted a mini dab rig too.

The glass is made in China, in fact I saw some mini-rigs on DHGate that looked identical to a few MJ Arsenal models, certainly from the same OEM supplier. Prices there significantly lower, but I'm happy to pay more to support a small American business, along with fast domestic shipping and stateside customer service.

Also to the owner of MJ Arsenal - great website, awesome logo, appealing product line, straightforward e-commerce. It took me a while to choose which mini rig to purchase, and it was really tempting to just get them all with the 'Mini Rig Collector Pack.' If the Claude meets my expectations and the quality doesn't disappoint, I'll probably do it. I really want to get the Merlin too, since my fiancee prefers joints, but it's currently out of stock.

Top Bottom