• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

mite in my bong

djonkoman

I was just vaporbonging, my UD has warmed up, first bonghits of the day. still some partly vaped hash leftover from last night, so not very dense vapor.
then, while looking at the light vapor filling the glass, I saw something move. I keep looking at at as I hit, it''s a small white dot that is waking around, with tiny white legs. it's a mite in my bong! no idea what it is doing there(or how it got there), I''m kind of familliar with mites since I used to have poison arrow frogs, and those only eat live insects so you have to breed insects like fruitflies, springtails and pea-aphids to feed them. and those fruitfliecultures also often have some mites, especially the older ones where most of the fruitflies are gone. (dead or fed) but I think those were often a little bigger and a bit more offwhite, altough I''m not really sure. this one is as white as can be. (and ofcourse the red predatory mites from outdoors are also known to me, but those are clearly completely different from this bongmite)

so has anyone else ever spotted creatures in their bongs?

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've had a fruit-fly land in mine once, but that's it think :lol:

I clean mine daily with boiling hot water & a (eco-friendly) bong cleaner though, which also proved very effective against lime-stains. It still looks new after a year of daily use.

But a long long time ago I was chilling with some college friends on a Friday night when we discover the mysterious weed-flies (wietvliegjes). We saw them many times after that, but these creatures only appeared when we were smoking lots and lots of marijuana, and only then.. :rolleyes:

Could it be that you've discovered a mite-version of those perhaps? :lmao:

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I haven't experienced paranoia for years, but that...(shudder)...just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies, hahaha

maybe you need some of these added to your bong...
ladybird.jpg

I hear they're good for plants infested with mites (lady birds, or ladybugs), hahahaha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: just saw this in the videos thread...it's gotta have some relation. Maybe if your's grows up it'll look like this, or, I dunno...still scares me to think of some tiny sentient creature waddling around, getting high AND feeding off my resin.

VWFringe,
Reactions: Seek

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
...but those are clearly completely different from this bongmite)

so has anyone else ever spotted creatures in their bongs?
A bongmite :D I've never personally had a living thing inside of any of my pieces, that I know of. But, I was browsing TokeCity the other day, and a user mentioned a fly or something, flying into his oil rig, and getting stuck in a lilly-pad of 'claim!
*edit*
CloudBlower (TokeCity forum member) said:
didnt snap a pic before i cleaned it but a house fly just flew into my macro and got stuck in the claim patty. Literally a fly in the ointment.

Purpl3_Haz3,

djonkoman

I haven't experienced paranoia for years, but that...(shudder)...just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies, hahaha

maybe you need some of these added to your bong...
ladybird.jpg

I hear they're good for plants infested with mites (lady birds, or ladybugs), hahahaha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: just saw this in the videos thread...it's gotta have some relation. Maybe if your's grows up it'll look like this, or, I dunno...still scares me to think of some tiny sentient creature waddling around, getting high AND feeding off my resin.
I don''t think that will do anything, ladybugs eat aphids, but I''ve never heard that they eat mites too. I don''t really mind that mite, I also don''t think it was feeding on resin(it also can''t get high since it doesn''t have cannabinoidreceptors)since it was about halfway the tube, so not anywhere with visible resin. I don''t mind creatures around me as long as they don''t annoy me. so for example I have a zero tolerance policy for mosquito''s en flies indoors, since those keep me awake at night. I also hate wasps. but spiders I usually leave alone(I often have multiple of those longlegged spiders in my room, especially in summer)
this mite isn''t bothering me either, so it''s free to live in my bong as long as it wants. altough I haven''t spotted it since I created this thread

djonkoman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Doesn't everyone have a bong troll that protects the vapor?

Mine is named chronicpants.

stickstones,
Reactions: vtac

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Doesn't everyone have a bong troll that protects the vapor?

Mine is named chronicpants.

I never invested in a bong troll. I figured between changing my water regularly, and the little "THC-monkey" that lives in the Cloud, enhancing my meds, I'd be fine :shrug:
this mite isn''t bothering me either, so it''s free to live in my bong as long as it wants. altough I haven''t spotted it since I created this thread
Are you sure you haven't swallowed the mite? We could be dealing with an altogether different issue here...An Onkoman-mite!

Purpl3_Haz3,

djonkoman

well last time I saw it it was still on the glass.. (btw, my name doesn''t have any relation to the word dj, and so onkoman is nothing, djonko is dutch slang for joint, and I used to get called djonkoman by some youth in my village a few years back, so when I couldn''t think of a better username I chose that)

farscaper

Last friday I woke up and went to my rig and there was a fucking Japanese beetle sitting on the mouthpiece... fucking bogart! so i flicked that muther off and cursed at it for trying to vape my stash...

upon further thinking i later realized that i just catapulted a a fellow who was just looking for a buzz...

get it...

BUZZ!!!!!!!

:rofl:

The story is true... I just thought that the way i wrote that was :lmao:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
well last time I saw it it was still on the glass.. (btw, my name doesn''t have any relation to the word dj, and so onkoman is nothing, djonko is dutch slang for joint, and I used to get called djonkoman by some youth in my village a few years back, so when I couldn''t think of a better username I chose that)

Oh, my bad for assuming that you were DJ OnkoMan! I now look at your name differently, and have a new word in my vocabulary! It's odd how different languages sometimes "collide." Good luck with your Bong-Mite!
The story is true... I just thought that the way i wrote that was :lmao:
I laughed! :)

Purpl3_Haz3,

Hey, I'd rather those tiny sentient creatures be getting high all the time instead of plotting to enslave humanity :shrug:

kingofnull,

djonkoman

Oh, my bad for assuming that you were DJ OnkoMan! I now look at your name differently, and have a new word in my vocabulary! It's odd how different languages sometimes "collide." Good luck with your Bong-Mite!
I laughed! :)
it actually is even more of a collision as it seems, the sound a 'j' has in english would be written as 'dj' in dutch, I don't think there's any originaly dutch word with 'dj', and in a lot of cases of words lend from english we just write 'j' , like as in joint.

Top Bottom