• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mississippi medical

Tranquility

In looking for a thread to put it, I found there are none with Mississippi in the title. Two things. One, that does not surprise me as they have a bit of a reputation against the devil weed. And, two, I still sing the letters in my head when I write out the state's name.

The news is, they're going to put it to a vote.

https://mjbizdaily.com/daily-news/#medical-marijuana-makes-ballot-in-mississippi
Medical marijuana makes ballot in Mississippi

A business-friendly medical cannabis initiative has qualified for the November ballot in Mississippi.

The constitutional amendment, put forth by Mississippians for Compassionate Care, would prohibit the state from limiting the number of business licenses or setting prices for medical marijuana.

The Mississippi Department of Health would regulate the industry.

However, the Mississippi Board of Health already is balking, saying it opposes the initiative and that the state health department doesn’t have the capacity to oversee such a program.

– Jeff Smith

Tranquility,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Mississippi Voters Approve Robust Medical Marijuana Initiative Over Lawmakers’ Restrictive Alternate

The proposal will allow patients with debilitating medical issues to legally obtain marijuana after getting a doctor’s recommendation. It includes 22 qualifying conditions such as cancer, chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder, and patients would be allowed to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana per 14-day period.

“This is a huge day for Mississippi and I couldn’t be more excited, humbled or thankful,” Jamie Grantham, communications director for the pro-legalization Mississippians for Compassionate Care, said in a press release.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

American Medical Association Asks Court To Overturn Medical Marijuana Vote In Mississippi

The American Medical Association (AMA) and its state affiliate, the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA), recently filed an amicus brief backing the legal challenge being considered by the state Supreme Court, which was brought by the city of Madison just days before the election.

The lawsuit argues that legalization proposal is invalid because of a state law that dictates the percentage of signatures required per district to qualify a ballot initiative.

macbill,
  • Angry
Reactions: Adobewan

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom