Misc. e-cig type vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Just picked this up yesterday at an Anaheim dispensary for $80. Its got an on/off switch,refillable cartridges, the option to buy a filled cartridge. Exhale is slightly cloudy. Capacity of cartridge is more than a gram maybe a gram and a half. Filling is as easy as putting a chunk in and letting the vape do the magic. Smell is minimal on my filled and pre filled cartridge. Taste is similar to a ti skillet or some. Clean, smooth vapor. They were improving on the shortcomings of the omicron. Battery lasts around a week. Updated test results to come with a video and pictures

Modnote: Please see this thread for all misc e-cig style vales.

malawigold,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Is it the same as every other e-cig style vape sold at dispensaries?

I feel like there is one or 2 designs going around with different logos and prices.

darkrom,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
What did they specifically improve on, in regards to the Omicron? (shortcomings)

Jeppy,

Sh1zn1t

I just got mine too. Not sure if I like it over the Omicron or not(and I sold that because it tasted metalic.) Tasted kind of like plastic and candlewax for the first few drags. I think burning off whatever is on the original cart. Then it started tasting alright. Having a plastic wax chamber sketches me out though.

Sh1zn1t,

DubCRider

Shiznit- you could taste metal with the Omicron after it was primed? What concentrate did you use? The metallic taste is the ceramic heaters getting hot, like a hair dryer or stove top. Once you start producing vapor and not dry hitting it that taste goes away.

DubCRider,

Sh1zn1t

Yea, the Omicron had a slight metallic taste. And I had a buddy who emptied out a cart he had just filled(kind of dumb) but when it came out it had a NASTY metal smell and taste that couldn't be avoided.

And in response to my earlier comment...the plasticy taste has gone down to none/almost none. But the wicking system it uses to get the wax to the heating element is kind of odd. Unless the wicks are SATURATED in wax, it doesnt pull vapor. I only put .4 in it for the test run in case it was bad, and you really need upwards of a G to make it pull properly. I'm about to pour enough to make it a full G into it and see whats up.

But if the makers of this thing are reading this...MAKE A TITANIUM OR AT LEAST METAL guard around the heating element. You cant trust it not to burn the plastic around it! I got little baby brown marks from it burning!

Sh1zn1t,

flodrab

@Shiznit: I was going to buy an Omicron but decided to wait until I can check out the G Pen ... I just heard about it a couple days ago, and can't find much info on it, but one thing I did read on their Facebook page is that it's for oil, not wax ... have you tried oil, and does that work a lot better?

flodrab,

DubCRider

If you are interested in something like this save yourself some money and buy an Ego-T e-cig, that's all these "new" pens are. You will get the same results as shiznit since they are designed for e-juice and not hash oil. The Omicron is the only pen on the market that is designed to work with all solvent-extracted concentrates.

DubCRider,

Ivaporize

You do not know what you are talking about, this pen has just come out the technology is in the cartridge, yes the way the cart attaches to the battery is the same, but thats about it, Id like to see you put some concentrates in a ego-t and vape it. The G Pen's Cartridge is designed for concentrates, I have been using mine for over a month, and the carts can be used in several ways.

Inside the cartridge is a heating core surrounded by a ceramic bowl.

The heating core has wicks running through it. These are left on when the cartridge is filled with oils, and helps in wicking the concentrated oil to the heating core.

BUT...........

You can also use the G Pen, to do DABs like you would with a NAIL in a bong.

Chop of the wicks, leave the cap off the top of the Cartridge and place your concentrates, OIL, WAX, FULL MELT, right in the center of the bowl, place on the mouth piece, press the button and VAPE away.

Id like to see you do that with any of the pen vapes on the market.

OH did i also forget to mention that you can place the G PEN straight into the end of your bong, instead of a bowl, and VAPE that way.

email me with your questions or post them here, also if you are interested on purchasing the G PEN or reselling them at your local dispensary of headshop please get in touch.

Ivaporize,

tcurley74

Definitely want to see some pics/vids. Am very interested in this. I unfortunately just bought the Blunt-E which can use the THC Gold Oil instead of glycerin based juices.

tcurley74,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys all i can say is please search ecigs and different types of ecigs before buying anything. Most of the new vaporizers are ecigs that are re-branded and cost double the price.

It is important to educate ones self before making a purchase. Most of this technology has been around for years and is finally making its way into this industry.

mod note: This doesn't qualify as a positive post, which is all you're allowed, as a manufacturer posting in a competitive thread.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Boots
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom