Minimum Amount of Coconut Oil/Butter

Treeburner

I'm looking at making a batch of cannabis-infused fudge for Christmas, however my favorite fudge recipe only calls for 1/4 cup of butter (will be using coconut oil instead). Would 1/4 cup of coconut oil contain enough lipids to extract the cannabinoids from about 2.5 Oz of material (2 Oz. ABV, 1/2 Oz. NBV)? Will be using a crockpot for the extraction into oil. Also, the recipe would make 49 pieces total.

Thanks,
Treeburner

Treeburner,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Do you have concentrates available? It might be easier to add concentrate to coco oil. Activate the THC (decarboxylate) by heating concentrate in oil at 250 F for 15-20 minutes. Make your fudge with the decarboxylated oil. Many add lecithin to aid in absorption.

Treeburner

No, no concentrates available, and I want to get rid of all this ABV and figured adding some green as well would ensure there's some THC in the CBD-heavy mix.

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

dilvish

in hypno-vision
"If you're serious about curing cancer, and you have built up a ridiculously high tolerance, you still need to use at least between 7 and 10 Tbsp coconut oil, per lb (pound) of your highest quality herb. Any less oil, and you run the risk of sacrificing absorption or bioavailability." -badkittysmiles

if my math is right, it seems that the minimum amount of oil for 2.5 ounces would be about 4.5 tsp, according to badkat.

dilvish,
Top Bottom