Mi-jian chuan-bei pipa gao - a natural, herbal, cough syrup 蜜炼川贝枇杷膏

Gunky

I'd like to introduce all my viper friends to a product I first encountered when I lived in the far east long ago. The name means "dried fruit, Himalayan frittillary lily bulb and loquat syrup". If you smoke but even if you vape, a fair amount of residue is deposited in your lungs, which are able to secrete fluids and clean themselves out to a considerable extent. So a certain amount of phlegm production and coughing is inevitable. This seems to be a particular problem in my case with vaping bubble hash and sometimes if I get at it too much I get a hash cough. I often (maybe couple times a week during allergy season) use this loquat cough syrup to help quiet down the cough, loosen up phlegm and clear up my chest. It's great when I take a few hits of hash and start coughing. I also like to pour boiling water over a spoon of it in a cup, inhale the minty steam, and drink it like tea. Very soothing if you have a cold. This brand is made in Hong Kong and a few other places and the quality control is decent. I've been using it for decades. It contains lots of sugar, mint, and other fruit and herbal extracts. It tastes good (to me, anyway). Kind of fruity and minty. It does not have western medicines like the sort of cough syrup you buy in drugstores in the U.S. View on Amazon

81LYsWropFL._AC_SL1154_.jpg

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's wonderful, highly recommended.
My girlfriend who is from China introduced me to it a few years ago.
We buy it locally at various Asian food markets.

jeffp,
Reactions: Gunky
Top Bottom