MFLB or Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydlite

Senior
Im trying to decide whether to buy a MFLB or a Arizer Solo, it depends on these things
1) Which gets you higher?
2) Which is stealthier/has a less noticeable smell?
also which gives bigger vapor hits? I realize however the one that gives bigger vapor clouds probably also has a bigger smell.

sunnydlite,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Im trying to decide whether to buy a MFLB or a Arizer Solo, it depends on these things
1) Which gets you higher?
2) Which is stealthier/has a less noticeable smell?
also which gives bigger vapor hits? I realize however the one that gives bigger vapor clouds probably also has a bigger smell.

Vapour is vapour. Both of these will get you quite high but there are significant differences. The MFLB requires learning the technique, the Solo simply requires that you don't pull too hard. The MFLB temperature is controlled with the strength of your draw, although the Power Adaptor can help by letting you set a maximum power. The Solo has preset temperatures. Your vapourizing temperature can influence the high, see this article I wrote for Vape World.

The MFLB is stealthier in the sense that it is much easier to conceal and use discreetly. With proper technique, you can hit the LB and exhale little or no vapour, so there will be no smell. The LB itself might eventually acquire an odour if you use a lot of cannabis that hasn't been properly dried. If this happens, it is difficult to get rid of it. The Solo gives off a slight odour in use unless you remove the stem from the heat when you aren't hitting it, which almost nobody does.

You can pull clouds out of both devices, but it is easier to do with the Solo. In both cases pulling too hard is a mistake. A series of light puffs works best for me with either device, although I seldom try to produce a big hit. I feel they are wasteful and a concession to that nasty thing we are all avoiding, namely combustion.

sunnydlite

Senior
thankyou very much for your detailed and informative reply!! :)

also very good and helpful article, what would you say would be the over all better vaporizer?

mod note: @sunnydlite, please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunnydlite,
Reactions: ShipDit

BowChamp

I've had both and at least in my opnion the mflb is a good starter vape, and the solo is a good reliable vape with more features. They both produce fine vapor as already mentioned (once you get the mflb technique down) but it's easier to produce big clouds with the solo as you can just choose the temperature and suck, well with the mflb you have to control the temperature WITH your sucking.

In my opinion they both have equal smell but at least in my case my mflb always reeked. Oil from the cooking weed drips underneath the oven and is impossible to clean. People could always smell the mflb when it was in my pocket, with the solo there is no smell and it requires so much less cleaning.

And of course both can get you high, all of my friends always hated my mflb and liked my solo because they never could get high off the mflb but that's just from the learning curve. But if you use the solo with a lung or bong it can definitely get you higher then the mflb though. Which can of course also be done with the mflb but takes more parts and work.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
One Big Difference between the two is with the MFLB is you can pull it out take a hit and put it away.
The solo you have to let warm up then do a session . 10 to 15 seconds for the LB from pocket to hit to pocket , 6 to 8 minutes to pull the solo out heat it up and do your session

They Are Both Great Vapes But hard to compare them since the situations you can use a one hitter in is so different then a session type vaporizer .

I do get the same high off the same amount of bud in either the Solo or MFLB .

imo the MFLB is much more stealth , size wise it wins hands down and the fact that I can take a hit or two put it away and move on really seals the deal for me in the stealth department .

ehakim

I know this probably isn't the answer your looking for but I'd go for both, they compliment each other nicely, I find myself taking one or the other out with me depending on the situation (and sometimes both :mental:)

ehakim,
Reactions: ShipDit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You can't go wrong with a solo, I think it makes everyone happy. I have meet people who aren't satisfied with the box, but almost everyone is satisfied with a bowl from my solo's.

I'd say you haven't read this thread except that I am pretty sure you have. A gazillion people have been unhappy about the Solo's restricted draw, and this thread is full of suggestions about ways to "improve" that. My suggestion, which I'm sure many of you can anticipate, is simply don't draw so bloody hard. If it feels restricted then you are fighting the designer's intent.

also very good and helpful article, what would you say would be the over all better vaporizer?

You are the only person who can answer that. I can only tell you my opinion, but you are the one who knows what your requirements are. My opinion is that if I had to choose between my Solo and my MFLB, I'd take the MFLB. Lots of people would make the opposite choice because everyone has different requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom