Medical Marijuana RX/Card? (California)

sgvpunk

So i got a question guys. I am interested in getting my medical marijuana license/RX. I have a few concerns. I currently have a license in california (regarding the medical field, dont wanna get too specific).This license is required to continue working in my field. If i am ever caught with any drugs, DUI, or anything along those lines i would not be able to renew my license. Would applying for a medical marijuana license show up in any records such as in a background check? I actually thought it would be a better way to protect my license(and job) by getting a MJ RX, just in case i ever got pulled over by a cop and had some weed on me he would hopefully just let me go. What do you guys think/know?

Also, lets say i get a medical mj card here in california, Will it be valid in hawaii? Can i go to a dispensary in hawaii and show my documentation from CA with no problems?

sgvpunk,

Purple-Days

Sounds like you need legal advice. A forum will give you opinion. Be careful, maybe someone will give a link to relevant advice, but you need a professional. This may be a life changing choice. :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Sounds like you need legal advice. A forum will give you opinion. Be careful, maybe someone will give a link to relevant advice, but you need a professional. This may be a life changing choice. :2c:
Very true. One thing I do know though is that a Calif MMJ card is ONLY good in Cali.

lwien,

tuttle

I think it is important to be clear that there are two things you are potentially talking about here. There is the doctors recommendation, which is technically all you need, and then there is the optional county issued medical marijuana ID card. If you choose to get the mmj ID card, it should offer more protection against detention if stopped by law enforcement while you recommendation is verified, but your records will be on file with the State. These records are protected by HIPAA law, but are subject to subpoena and now you have evidence you are a mmj patient in two places. If you just got a recommendation, like other health information that will be between you and your doctor. Now as soon as you visit a dispensary you are on their records if they ever get raided.

While I can't give you legal advice, my opinion is that the most sure fire thing is to not use. If that is not an option, then a recommendation would at least make you legal in the eyes of the state. It would also probably be best to not visit dispensaries as well.

One thing I do know though is that a Calif MMJ card is ONLY good in Cali.
There are a few states that do recognize out of state cards, one that comes to mind is Rhode Island. I don't believe Hawaii does yet, but I believe there is a Hawaii state representative who was trying to introduce legislation to do so.

tuttle,

lwien

tuttle said:
There are a few states that do recognize out of state cards, one that comes to mind is Rhode Island. I don't believe Hawaii does yet, but I believe there is a Hawaii state representative who was trying to introduce legislation to do so.
I did a bit more research and found out that Montana will also accept out of state cards. My bad. Things are changing really rapidly in the MMJ community.

lwien,
Top Bottom