MCT FECO advice please.

WalkOfLight

So I cooked down like 5 oz to a few FECO syringes. I want to infuse it with some mct oil next, yet the recipes I'm finding involve decarb for 2-3 hrs. Using FECO would I still have to infuse for 2-3 hrs, or could I just dissolve it in some mct with a tsp of lecithin?

WalkOfLight,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

So I cooked down like 5 oz to a few FECO syringes. I want to infuse it with some mct oil next, yet the recipes I'm finding involve decarb for 2-3 hrs. Using FECO would I still have to infuse for 2-3 hrs, or could I just dissolve it in some mct with a tsp of lecithin?

If it's feco, and you used heat it's probably already decarbed. When it's done decarbing the bubbles stop forming. If you didn't use heat then maybe you should decarb.

I use a gentle heat to make feco and when done it's decarbed. Infusion is just mixing the oil, lecithin under a gentle heat until its mixed well. With mct oil it happens in minutes.

WalkOfLight

Sweet, yep fully decarbed and good to go.
That's what I suspected but wanted to make sure.
Since there is no plant material I would assume its just a blend w light heat.

Thank you for the clarification!

WalkOfLight,

shredder

Sweet, yep fully decarbed and good to go.
That's what I suspected but wanted to make sure.
Since there is no plant material I would assume its just a blend w light heat.

Thank you for the clarification!

Let us know how it works.

I don't know why it took me so long to discover mct oil, ive been using it about a year, still on my first 32 oz bottle, but it goes great with canna oil. I use nutiva brand and it's pretty much tasteless but it still hides or covers the weed taste.

WalkOfLight

Let us know how it works.

don't know why it took me so long to discover mct oil, ive been using it about a year, still on my first 32 oz bottle, but it goes great with canna oil. I use nutiva brand and it's pretty much tasteless but it still hides or covers the weed taste.
I used 5ml of FECO with 2oz and 1tsp of powdered lecithin. Added all the reds n strawberries in a Black Forest Family bag 28oz.
Agitated a few times. As soon as the gummies were melted I could stir it easier and the oil disappeared so I assume its done.
Didn't make many because I had to pour quickly. I may even try a Pyrex dish and cut it up later...
I had two big gummies this morning with some of the nasty bulletproof coffee. (I'm trying everything I can to find the bakeage.)
Between the two I'm alright today lol.

---For this frequent "pop" that I'm looking for should I start using a blend of materials? like kief and hash mixed?
Am I missing something by decarbing prior as opposed to like in mct oil for 4/2hrs?
lately its either I can barely tell I've had edibles, or I'm ready to take a nap, wake up, and game over lol.

I couldn't resist last night either -
I would have put my dose above 500mg easily. Seems to work, I used a energetic mix. Was able to stay up until real late. No real head buzz or audio enhancements that I'm looking for.

Testing someone else tolerance isn't an option right now so I dont know for sure if I've done things properly. or maybe I should try a peanut butter cookie recipe with some cannabutter and Feco? I bought a new ardent FX also to rule out that variable. Haven't tried it out yet to compare. because sometimes I get a good effect and other times not at all. even from the same cook but different strain.
my tolerance makes it hard to find that "pop" anymore. I may set my sights on a volcano or some sturdy in house vape... Is this a safe option?

I am trying to find a way to achieve water solubility also I guess. I dont know I heard that's the next stage for bioavailability.
Maybe I should just take a break. I guess it just seems between all the methods there should always be a way to steadily catch a buzz without having to smoke. I'm very tempted to just light up some banana punch .

Oh ps. I did two runs of hash/flower/citrus acid/grain alcohol. It sucks. I had little success and lots of heartburn. most of it left over. not sure if that's what it is or is there a way to save it?

Last edited:

WalkOfLight

I used 5ml of FECO with 2oz and 1tsp of powdered lecithin. Added all the reds n strawberries in a Black Forest Family bag 28oz.
Agitated a few times. As soon as the gummies were melted I could stir it eaiser and the oil disappeared so I assume its done.
Didnt make many because i had to pour quickly. I may even try a pyrex dish and cut it up later...
I had two big gummies this morning with some of the nasty bulletproof coffee. (Im trying everything I can to find the bakeage.)

---For this frequent "pop" that im looking for should I start using a blend of materials? like kief a hash mix?
lately its either I can barely tell ive had edibles, or Im ready to take a nap, wake up, and game over lol.

I would have put my dose above 500mg. Seems to work, I used a energetic mix. Was able to stay up until real late. No real head buzz or audio enhancements im looking for.

Testing someone elses tolerrance isnt an option right now so i dont know for sure if Ive done things properly. or maybe I should try a peanut butter cookie recipie with some cannabutter and Feco? I bought a new ardent FX also to rule out that variable. Havent tried it out yet to compare. because sometimes I get a good effect and other times not at all. even from the same cook but different strain.
my tolerance makes it hard to find that "pop" anymore. I may set my sights on a volcano or some sturdy in house vape... Is this a safe option?

I am trying to find a way to achieve water solubility also I guess. I dont know I heard that's the next stage for bioavailability.
Maybe I should just take a break. I guess it just seems between all the methods there should always be a way to steadily catch a buzz without having to smoke. I'm very tempted to just light up some banana punch .

Oh ps. I did two runs of hash/flower/citrus acid/grain alcohol. It sucks. I had little success and lots of heartburn. most of it left over. not sure if that's what it is or is there a way to save it?

Seems to work. I used a energetic mix. Was able to stay up until real late.

I have some legal problems atm so i wont be able to cultivate n share for a bit.
my tolerance makes it hard to find that "pop" anymore. I may set my sights on a volcano or some sturdy vape...

Agitated a few times. As soon as the gummies were melted I could stir it easier and the oil disappeared so I assume its done.
Didn't make many because I had to pour quickly. I may even try a Pyrex dish and cut it up later...
I had two big gummies this morning with some of the nasty bulletproof coffee. (I'm trying everything I can to find the bakeage.)

---For this frequent "pop" that I'm looking for should I start using a blend of materials? like kief and hash mixed?
Am I missing something by decarbing prior as opposed to like in mct oil for 4/2hrs?
lately its either I can barely tell I've had edibles, or I'm ready to take a nap, wake up, and game over lol.

I would have put my dose above 500mg easily. Seems to work, I used a energetic mix. Was able to stay up until real late. No real head buzz or audio enhancements that I'm looking for.

Testing someone else tolerance isn't an option right now so I dont know for sure if I've done things properly. or maybe I should try a peanut butter cookie recipe with some cannabutter and Feco? I bought a new ardent FX also to rule out that variable. Haven't tried it out yet to compare. because sometimes I get a good effect and other times not at all. even from the same cook but different strain.

Sorry like 5 edits lol. This isn't my strong suit haha.

WalkOfLight,
Top Bottom