• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mangled body & hands - which vape will be easiest for me to use...????

ybnormal

Hello,

Im pretty much of a noob when it comes to vaping, but have been a chronic smoker for 45 of my 58 years. I have muscular dystrophy and, at 65 and ~225 pounds, I was able to overcome many obstacles by sheer will in my younger years. The consequence was numerous injuries resulting in some pretty nasty osteoarthritis in my back, shoulders, arms, and hands. The upshot of the whole thing is that I am pretty much restricted to a power wheelchair, am largely a shut-in, and can only button buttons or tie shoes with extreme difficulty and frustration.

Ive plowed thru most of the forums and based on some of the posts am not anxious to disclose that my only vaping experience has been with a Vapir Oxygen Mini. It wasnt great but it sparked my interest. Regardless, it looks like there are many better alternatives to be had. Anyway, heres my question. I would really appreciate any input on what vapes I could actually use. Small parts or anything requiring fine manual dexterity, however, are deal breakers for me. If I cant use it, the best vape in the world would be essentially useless. I appreciate the benefits of glass and used to have a glass Toker II (does anybody remember them). However, due to my chronic clutziness I broke two of them and switched to one made of brass. It has been my faithful friend for 25+ years. Because of the ease of use factor, I had been considering the Vapir No. 2 but the tone of many of the posts leave me thinking that Id be missing out on something much better. Finances are also a major issue for me even if a Volcano was empirically the best choice I simply cant afford it. Dont get me wrong, Id love to run around doing all kinds of stimulating, original research for myself and check out all the options by visiting my friends and the different vendors (I live near Boulder) but I simply cant. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Happy trails.

ybnormal,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
if you are able to coarsely grind your bud then the woodeez or any log vape may be the way to go.
the woodeez makes a pilsner shaped vape that may be easier for you to hold. the vape and the stems are very durable. it's about the size of a soda can. produces very good vapor with a tiny amount of herb. you can get one here http://www.woodeez-ss.com/

you could read all the reviews and comments here http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1813

pinoy,

lwien

The only thing that may be a concern for you regarding vapes like the Woodeez, MyrtleZap and Purple Days is that you may find it a bit difficult to match the stem to the heater port. You may want to check out a few vids on youtube to make sure if this could be a concern.

lwien,

Beezleb

I am going to recommend that you check out bag vaporizers/assisted air vaporizers. The Zephyr would have been ideal due to the ease of loading the bowl and simplicity but they are no longer a viable option.

What type of financial range are we talking?

I am leaning towards recommending the herbalaire vaporizer to you due to it not needing you to grind your herb before you use. You can also use this vaporizer with a whip and with bags, though it shines in bag use. It is considered a very efficient vaporizer in bag mode and the company has been around for quite some time and is very durable and inexpensive in its category. It is also the easiest to clean in my opinion. Here is a link to it. http://www.herbalaire.com/

Unless the Herbalaire is out of your price range this is my leading recommendation to you. It would also help to understand the extent of your issues. Such as, can you use a wand easily and can you grind your herb?

If their is a specific direction of vaporizer you are considering please let us know and we can better assist with whatever category you choose.

I would imagine the log vapes would be problematic with loading such small amounts that need to be ground up along with Iwien's concern about matching the tube. You also would have to keep track of the cord which can be problematic when in an assisted chair as its easy to pull away from what your doing and pull the plug. While that may or may not be an issue for you I suggest considering that aspect of those vaporizers.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
You also would have to keep track of the cord which can be problematic when in an assisted chair as its easy to pull away from what your doing and pull the plug.

Didn't think of that. Good point.

lwien,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
Beezleb had some good points but fitting the bag on the Herbalaire is sometimes even hard for me and I don't suffer from your same issues. I'd assume it would be just as hard as fitting a stem to the heat exchanger on a log style vape as Iwien said.

I'd recommend going on youtube and just search for the word vaporizer, or whip vaporizer, bag vaporizer, etc.. until you land on something that looks right for you and let us know.

I wish the best of luck to you and don't be afraid to ask us anything.

gettin lifted,

Beezleb

I should of pointed out, I was largely envisioning the main use being via the whip and not the bag. I imagine the bag would be from use from another person. With the bag he can be more mobile and someone could ready it from another room and bring it to him via bag. Just options.

If grinding the herb is not a problem and to be honest you do not need to grind your herb with vaporizers like the Da Buddha but it makes it better for sure but its a compromise of more but weaker draws compared to less draws but stronger. Not knowing how far his motion his I am uncomfortable recommending a vape with a ground glass connection as the wand could easily get pulled out with disabled people and potentially break the wand. The SSV has the clamp but were talking about a person with limited funds and adjusting to the temperature on the opposite of the SSV would likely be problematic so I cannot in good measure recommend the SSV based on price and temp dial being on other side.

Getting Lifted has a great idea about checking out the videos on Youtube. Keep an eye towards what you see and want but also what your needs are.

Beezleb,

momatik

The whip style vapes like the Silver Surfer vaporizer and Da Buddha are both pretty easy to use from what I understand. The only thing worth considering I can imagine is that you have to stir the bowl during the session.

If that's an issue, then maybe a good choice would be one of the log style vapes (Purple Days vaporizer, MyrtleZap or Woodeez) as others have suggested. The bowls are small and they vape evenly once broken in.

Also you can get extra stems and pack them at once, rather than having to worry about continuously unloading and reloading throughout the day.

momatik,
Top Bottom