making a simple hash oil question.

daoist

I want to make some hash oil. still had an empty 100ml brown drip-bottle here.

So my plan is: i fill the bottle with rice oil and put hasish in there and have it melt in the oil by cooking the bottle au-bain marie.
How much hashish would be recommended to melt in this oil?

I don't know how many drops i can get out of a 100ml bottle. So i was wondering how much hashish i would need to get potent enough drops of oil.

I never made big bottle of oil before. Normally i would just make little teaspoon of oil and melt the amount of hash i want for that particular day or i melt it in some warm (chocolate) milk. But it would be nice if i can make a bigger bottle and store it.

Mostly i just vape flower, but it is always nice to give the throat and lungs a rest once in a while.

Any thought or advise on this?

daoist,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I want to make some hash oil. still had an empty 100ml brown drip-bottle here.

So my plan is: i fill the bottle with rice oil and put hasish in there and have it melt in the oil by cooking the bottle au-bain marie.
How much hashish would be recommended to melt in this oil?

I don't know how many drops i can get out of a 100ml bottle. So i was wondering how much hashish i would need to get potent enough drops of oil.

I never made big bottle of oil before. Normally i would just make little teaspoon of oil and melt the amount of hash i want for that particular day or i melt it in some warm (chocolate) milk. But it would be nice if i can make a bigger bottle and store it.

Mostly i just vape flower, but it is always nice to give the throat and lungs a rest once in a while.

Any thought or advise on this?

The strength of your oil will be determined by the strength of the hash, the total amount of hash and the amount of carrier oil. The less oil you use the stronger it will be.

Id use a measuring cup on a coffee warmer and warm the mix and add just enough oil to fully melt the hash into a oil liquid enough for an eye dropper. If you want to decarb the hash, add more heat, or leave it on the coffee warmer longer.

One thing to consider is to add powdered lecithin to make your oil more bio available. IOW you feel more effects, from the same amount of hash, if more is available to your body. Lecithin helps in this regard. I use organic sunflower lecithin powder from amazon.

The lecithin, as an emulsifier, also mixes with water based mixes. I use it to mix a concentrate oil with maple syrup as an example.

daoist

i understand the strength calculation. i did not know about the licithin.
How much is your oil to hash ratio?.

lets say i use a 100ml bottle with 5gram of hash. would this be potent enough to do something with one drop, but not superstrong (you can always take more drops). is there some type of formula available with the ratios somewhere?

daoist,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
It may be better to use raw coconut butter. You have to heat the hash in the oil for half an hour at around 120C to decarboxylate it, which makes it more effective.

Haze Mister,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
This isn't a question that can be answered by anyone by yourself and experimentation in my opinion. The term "potent enough" is entirely subjective.

Let's think about the maths...

How many drops are in 100ml? Without this information you can't have an accurate idea. Wikipedia thinks 20 drops per ml. So 2000 drops per 100ml

How much active substance is in the hash? We can make an educated guess... The very best top shelf flower is going to be about 30% cannabinoids at best guess. How good is the hash making process, and what starting material did they use? Let's assume it's crappy flower, and there are contaminates in the hash so go for 40 to 50% actives.

In your 5g, that's 2500mg of actives, divided by the number of drops in 100ml. That's just over 1mg per drop.

I like to recommend anyone new to edibles starts slow, so If you are set on using 100ml of oil, you may need a few drops, or maybe use 20g for about 5mg per drop.

Again, all this accurate maths is based on huge guesses, so who knows :rofl:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
As many acidheads have discovered, there is no "drops per ml" because every drop from every dropper is variable in volume..... :brow:

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Cheebsy

shredder

i understand the strength calculation. i did not know about the licithin.
How much is your oil to hash ratio?.

lets say i use a 100ml bottle with 5gram of hash. would this be potent enough to do something with one drop, but not superstrong (you can always take more drops). is there some type of formula available with the ratios somewhere?

I first determine the number of doses. There are 2000 drops in 100ml. 5 grams divided by 2000 equals .0025, so each drop would be .0025 or 2.5 mg. 10 drops would make a 25mg an amount for a decent effect if your hash is 100% thc. So if its say 70%, the .70 X (times) that same 25mg would be 17.5mg of thc. Now how high would you get from 17.5 mg or 10 drops of your oil? hellifiknow.

Last edited:
shredder,
Reactions: LesPlenty

daoist

Well i guess the drops are not that important.
I think i will just use a tea spoon and see how many tea spoons with oil fit in that bottle.
So that would be my dosage. and than i decide how much hash each dosage has.

So lets say 10 tea spoons of oil, with 10 x 0.2 gram (200mg) hash per dosage would be 2 gram of hash for 10 dosages.

I am not new to edibles. i made oil before. but i just make it for 1 dose. or make chocolate milk with 1 dose of hash.
I never made a big batch with a whole bottle. so thats why i ask.

daoist,
Top Bottom