Make a head for ball vape style the brain

babunja

S0f92d6aade9c484ca09208a768005312V.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

I thought of somehow cutting the part below the screen and therefore having a sort of the brain but safer than the ss screen, at least for the part below, because an ss screen will go above it

AlphaDeltaF1

Hey check this out if you haven’t already. It’s the original baller vape thread with plenty of iterations shown.

The current gen moved away from glass to because fitting the coil tightly risks cracking the glass.

Also, Some glass blowers will modify their existing designs for you if you just a$k.

Like:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
You could instead of cutting anything just use an XL injector bowl with a male joint at the bottom, part but yeah.. good luck with the coils on glass. :ko:

babunja

You could instead of cutting anything just use an XL injector bowl with a male joint at the bottom, part but yeah.. good luck with the coils on glass. :ko:
I had considered the XL bowl but it would be far from the weed and it costs more, plus I can't find it on aliexpress unfortunately

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I do not like the basket screens either, but I was answering if the glass can handle the heat and was showing that he had it pretty hot with the finished load pictured.:2c:
You could just as easily use a female to male GonG instead of the one pictured to use normal injector bowls.
The only problem I see is wrapping and re-wrapping the same coil repeatedly will reduce its life span, I have a fairly new coil that brings up occasional EEEE on the PID since wrangling it between baller heads.

babunja

I do not like the basket screens either, but I was answering if the glass can handle the heat and was showing that he had it pretty hot with the finished load pictured.:2c:
You could just as easily use a female to male GonG instead of the one pictured to use normal injector bowls.
The only problem I see is wrapping and re-wrapping the same coil repeatedly will reduce its life span, I have a fairly new coil that brings up occasional EEEE on the PID since wrangling it between baller heads.
sorry I didn't understand the part where you say to wrap and rewrapping the coil, Wouldn't it always stay there? Thanks anyway, I'm learning new things

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
That setup works only because the shape of the glass allows the coil to contract and will probably not work well for bigger loads because the rubies at the bottom half do not get heated by the coil.

If you try to wrap a coil around a straight glass cylinder you are facing the problem of the coil contracting and crushing the glass. If it does not touch the glass it will not get the balls inside hot enough so there's the problem you must solve ;)

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

babunja

I wanted to write "with extra coils it would be a mess" why do you say it wouldn't work on the extreme q piece? uhmmm for the same reason the Qaroma shouldn't work either, right?

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The Qaroma is quartz and seems to work, probably because quartz conducts heat better than glass. But it is precisely machined to fit in the coil just right. If you have a coil then just try it, if the glass pieces are not too expensive. You could find a piece that happens to fit just right.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

RichardsBag

since the problem seems to be that the arizer bowl seems too long I thought of another solution, this is still an arizer q bowl but with the closer screen. what do you think? so it's also more similar to @felvapes prototype
The only concern would be its ability to hold the coils heat over time without issue. I wonder if there is an equation that could offer a rough estimate RE: Thickness of glass + coil Temp range = breakage after X degrees. There are so many other factors to consider beyond this but hopefully it coukd provide a rough/baseline dimensions for the minimum thickness of a Boro or Quartz tube while in a coil.

i think 'known tolerances' is a better way to describe what Im after.

babunja

The only concern would be its ability to hold the coils heat over time without issue. I wonder if there is an equation that could offer a rough estimate RE: Thickness of glass + coil Temp range = breakage after X degrees. There are so many other factors to consider beyond this but hopefully it coukd provide a rough/baseline dimensions for the minimum thickness of a Boro or Quartz tube while in a coil.

i think 'known tolerances' is a better way to describe what Im after.
I totally agree, I asked the prototype guy if it's still intact but he still didn't answer. I had chosen glass because it was the safest otherwise I would have liked the tiodw3 of aliexpress in I had chosen glass because it was the safest otherwise I would have liked the thiodw3 of aliexpress in "titanium"

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.

@babunja

Mrs Gorilla says always let your hot balls cool off before handling them. And to stop touching them all the time.
Of course, I never listen,sooo....
I made this awhile ago to see if a glass pathway tasted any different/less harsh on my throat with prolonged use compared to a ceroma and a herborizer ti.
The adaptor im using has thinner glass than the QShop ones(cheaper too incase it goes wrong), I believe this helps it not shatter over time as the coil fits a little better, less pressure from the coil on the glass, and possibly thinner glass may have less internal stresses through repeated heating cycles,Dont know.
It does offer a cost effective glass path, HOWEVER -
Unless you already have a PID Controller,heater coil and Ruby/Glass or other Balls (I do not suggest You use the fleshy kind) , it will only save the cost of the injector body. Minus the price of a cheap ali ex. glass screened injector bowl.
The coil is not tight on the glass, snug enough to transfere heat, it grips on the nubbin left by the glass handle. The heater coil can get RED HOT while its getting up to temperature. Scary to watch, but the temp change isnt too fast for the glass so far but ..........It could explode sending glass and rubies everywhere,but I think its more likely to just crack. I hope. I believe some luck with the individual bowl you get having no internal stress or defect is also needed.
That said....

img_4284.webp
img_4305.webp

img_4316.webp

I have used it for over 6 months,with almost 1000 hours running at between 425f and 455f. Tastes as good as the Qaroma. Works/handles more like the Herborizer . Just as heavy hitting as either. Downsides (apart from possible exploding hot glass balls) it can have slightly bigger temperature fluctuations. It has a smaller hot spot than the qaroma, so needs a little more stirring and attention to breath/airflow control. Or just piling your green in the centre of the screen leaving a gap round the outside. Works best with sub 0.1 doses.
Will work with crumbs.
I turn it on and it stays on for the day, I have left it running for over 24 hours, have dropped it on my desk, a had a water pipe tip over with it in (It and the pipe were fine,the injector bowl it was in broke ) No signs of the glass cracking, yet.
Even the built in glass screen still has NO cracks between the holes. I do use it over a desk tho'.... dont think i would sit back in a sofa with it. Just incase. But thats true of any of my other heavy hitters.
I used to heat it in 2 stages for the first month, to 200f first, then to 425f, but just run it straight up to temp now.

You can wreck the coil and/or the glass while fitting the coil. Be patient. Have 2 sets of pliers on hand. Dont stetch the coil till you need to. Go slow. I fed it over the bulge from the bottom and kind of screwed it on. Be very careful if you need to 'open' the coil wider to increase internal diameter.
Be aware that stretching it out will reduce the internal diameter slightly.

Do you have a problem with your balls dropping?
Do your balls keep slipping out while handling them?
Hold on to Your Balls ! With the Ruby Restraining Titanium Terp Pearl Top Trap Wire Clip. Thingy.
The titanium wire clip thingy takes a while to make and get tensioned right. You have to work harden it after you form it.
Stainless Steel will work but is not Ideal, Titanium has more springback, is 40% stonger and is generaly considered hypoallergenic.
aND Looks Prettier when you anodise it. like me, its pretty basic.
img_4352.webp
img_4274.webp

The next iteration is a little different.
If you try to make your own, REMEMBER TO THOUROUGHLY CHECK YOUR BALLS. WONT FALL OUT WHILST IN USE.
Investigate lavender oil for minor burns. Works well after cold running water for at least 5 minutes depending on severity. You have to stop the fat cooking under your skin........ Dont take my word for it. Look it up. And dont use butter on burns.
I know this from other experiences. My hot balls have yet to fall. Dropped many,many cold ones tho'.
Also remember, picking lots of small balls up off the floor everyday is good excercise for knees, hips, fingers and for learning patience with oneself in the face of repeating our own futile behaviours..... Unless you got arthritis. Then its a pain in the balls.And everywhere else.
Must. Make. Paper funnels...paper funnels..paner funpels...faper punnels...paper funnels...

Last edited:
Top Bottom