• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

M22 ESCC Review from Olde7

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
M22 Final test review (self.AdvancedVapeSupply)
submitted 59 minutes ago by Olde7

Part 1
First things first - the m22/bubbler (and final ESCC plus upgrade parts) tested here were received free of charge for testing and critical reviewing purposes. I have also purchased a second m22 plus silicone base kit, with the intention of gifting the free unit to some local person unable to afford one - as I've done with all other products I've tested and reviewed. Outside of the opportunity to try it a little earlier than I would have otherwise, I will not profit from testing this.
All testing was done on my LostVape Therion DNA 75c, YiHi ML class, and Eleaf Pico75 unless otherwise noted.
This review is focused almost entirely on m22 use with the ESCC since that is its main reason for existing. However, coil use is an option - so I'll get that out of the way...
The m22 is supplied with an alumina-ceramic cup specifically intended for use with the supplied (it comes with 10 coils) flattened oct-core clapton coils. With the updated cup (standard in the final. Supplied free to early adopters) fit is perfect and installation is easy, even with my poor eyesight and shakey hands. Performance is excellent. Temperature control in SS316L mode is superb, imo. Accuracy of +/- 10°f according to my thermocouple. Flavor is likewise very good - best flavor from a coil I've personally experienced. Vapor density is also very good, tho it's worth noting that, as with all coils, very high-density vapor comes at a slight cost in flavor. Other coil styles (barrel, accordion, etc) can be used too, tho you'll sacrifice the advantages offered by the flattened coil. Reclaim is minimal with the supplied coils and is less of an issue than with my other coiled attys for a couple reasons. One is that, with correct load size, the coil wicks everything I load and very little can 'run away' from the hot coil because it vaporizes before that can happen - flattened coils tend to do this better than other styles. The other is there are fewer nooks/crannies for vapor to get into. My other rebuildables use more bits and pieces in their design with more opportunities for reclaim infiltration into places it doesn't belong. A full teardown and iso cleaning is much easier with the m22, ime. Worth mentioning - like all complex-wire (clapton, twisted, staple, etc) coils, rosin use will irretrievably gunk coils much faster than solvent-based extract. Flower rosin being the worst offender....
Fortunately, the ESCC is ideal for all rosin. Much better than any coil and better than any other existing bucket (more on that below).
Tech stuff: tested on dna75c and pico75 with AVS-supplied custom TFR temperature control; on a Yihi ML class and pico75 using AVS-supplied TCR value 123 - 127. 40 to 50 watts. Pre-heat used - 150% of set power, temp (400°f) or time (2 seconds) limited according to the mods abilities. Cold resistance on mine is 0.685 ohm on a clean deck with correctly installed new clips. Temperature for tc accuracy testing was 470°F to allow both thermocouple and cotton-singe tests. BHO crumble, BHO shatter, distillate, thc-a crystalline, and home-pressed flower rosin were used for 'live' tests. Tests took place over a 20 day period and were done under real-life daily use conditions (this ain't no lab... Lol).
I'll get my sole real area of complaint out of the way - the spring clips. Unless installed just right (not deformed by getting cocked while 'driving it home' etc ) resistance can be inconsistent. Careful installation is a must. On mine, if cold resistance reads 0.8 ohm or higher with new clips and/or the cold value shifts more than about 0.1 after a few loads - I've probably got clip installation issues (or overloading). 90% of the time I get it right - considering my hands shake, I consider that to be an adequate success rate. Something a bit more 'macro' would be good, tho. Because vapor inevitably condenses on every surface it's exposed to, some does end-up on the ESCC legs. This is the main reason for resistance shifts requiring cleaning/clip replacement. When used with either the bubbler or a BB, this happens sooner than with the top-cap - vapor is blocked from that area by incoming air with the top-cap but fully fills the area with bubbler/BB. Regardless of your preferred method of use, clip replacement is going to be required on a regular basis as a part of normal maintenance. Probably at least as often as iso soaking and/or post-hole cleaning (I don't reuse clips once removed, and thorough cleaning requires it) - how often depends mostly on load control and controlling draw-speed. Insist on 4 huge clouds per load (like many demo vids depict) and frequent deep cleaning/clip replacement is required, ime. Not surprising since loads like that amount to misuse - not being layg uncooked-grain-of-rice sized, as recommended.
PART 2 next post

buckhakeesah

Thanks for the review. I received my final one this week. This thing is crazy good. I sold off all my atomizers except my qq. It cuts down my time spent vaping significantly and frees up time to be with my family. The speed it allows me to do a dab is so fast, I do wonder if that could be a bad thing in terms of taste quality. Thank you Brent and team AVS.

florduh

I'm also very impressed with the initial quality here. Perfect tasting dabs, in seconds.

I do wonder if that could be a bad thing in terms of taste quality.

I find the taste to be quite excellent. Though it gets to temp in 2-4 seconds, so the experience might be closer to a hot-loaded dab than cold-starts. I wonder if just using a lower wattage with the same temp would emulate an up-temp cold start dab.

buckhakeesah

I'm also very impressed with the initial quality here. Perfect tasting dabs, in seconds.

I find the taste to be quite excellent. Though it gets to temp in 2-4 seconds, so the experience might be closer to a hot-loaded dab than cold-starts. I wonder if just using a lower wattage with the same temp would emulate an up-temp cold start dab.
Same here. Taste is excellent indeed but I'll need to do some adjustments to see if things can get even better. Let us know if any adjustments make it act more like a cold start experience.

Top Bottom