Low keif grinder

Are there grinders that generate less keif? I am seeing more blade based designs but nobody seems to be reviewing or ranking them based on how little they produce. I would prefer to enjoy the weed all at once as opposed to saving it up for some future use.

I have ideas for how to conduct such an experiment but I have only one grinder, an old chromium crusher 4 piece. Does having a 3 piece grinder mean the keif is just mixed in and more likely to get sucked past the screen?

ginolicious

Are you seeking a grinder that does not produce kief/ one that doesn’t take it odd your ground material? 3 piece grinders and 2 piece grinders leave the kief on the material after ground more so then the 4pc grinders.

ginolicious,
More that I want to leave as many of the trichomes on the ground material as possible. Looking for recommendations on how to achieve this.

RandomFactor,

zor

More that I want to leave as many of the trichomes on the ground material as possible. Looking for recommendations on how to achieve this.
I think this may be just as dependent on your weed as it may on grinding method; moisture, trichome content/density, etc can all affect dispersion.

To your point about enjoying all the weed, I think you should be able to see how much kief you lose to the grinder when you chop up a bud in a freshly cleaned grinder. When I would be in super conservation mode I'd go as far as take a small brush and push any visible specs into my bowl, probably made no discernible difference but it added a bit of satisfaction.

zor,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Sounds like a 3 piece is what you want. If you want to do an experiment, rip the screen out of the chromium crusher. Same thing.

BrianTL,
I have tried using bigger chunks in my e-nano but I find that the extraction is more uneven than with a good grind.
So far I'm not seeing any indications that grinders like the lift or the klip really do much different.

RandomFactor,
Reactions: arb

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I've come to prefer a 3-piece grinder. Keep all the keif in the herb when I vape it.

I'm not a huge fan of 2-piece grinders either, and my 4-piece grinders are collecting dust.

I'm the same way now. I'm actually giving my 4 piece away to a friend and just sticking with my 3 piece.

2 piece doesnt really interest me at all.

BrianTL,
Top Bottom