• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Loss of interest for water filtration...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just realized I didn't used my bubblers since a while and rarely even think about water filtration now.... not sure but I'm under the feeling the need of filtration/accessories is something you like as a newbie and all the enthusiasm!

Personnaly I enjoyed a lot bong hits (smoke, no vapor) when I was a kid until I stopped totally a few years after, a few years ago I discover vaporizers and quickly the enjoyment pushed me in a short glass addict syndrom, but now I'm thinking I don't need that anymore.... maybe cause I manage to choose my temp better, to fill my vapes with the perfect amount/grind/pack and to handle the vapor through my airways in a more delicate manner.

Maybe I'm mistaken and the long winter evenings will lead me to fill my bubblers!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I do respect your choice bro and that is working out for you.But after 12 years of vaping,I do disagree that water filtration is something\you outgrow, or a step back in vaporization habbits. I own only 1 glass piece for years and will buy another when i break this one or hit the jackpot. Gas is none of an issue.
I've never enjoyed water filtration in my smoking years.After two hits they smell like shit and i prefered to start fresh with a paper each time.
For me direct draw of many desk vaporizers brings particles in my mouth and lungs also , more vapor condensation to my teeth and throat which is causing me a lot of discomfort. I've tried many vaporizers and portables and i always end up wanting a water filtration. Most of them make my teeth so hot withing a session even if the vapor is barely visible. Thick hits without waterfiltration with leave my throat suffering for days. Maybe this manner is childish and wasteful and this is cloudchasing... That might be something i outgrow someday,but not using glass.
Imo if one is valuing convinience above all ,he would do without water filtration.
But if one aims lowest IRRITATION, he would use water filtration and will keep his gear VERY CLEAN. Otherwise he is better off direct draw and using stems which are easy to clean. Herb particles are nothing compared to moldy waters (sounds like nice Bluesman name.)
One again i will say that water filtration for me is the best ,even though is least convinient at provides us with extra cleaning challanges.
Another thing i decided to throw in ,is that not everyone is bless with access to pristine quality stuff.
Water filtrations for sure saves on the damage from leftover fertilizers,environmental dust and pesticides..

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Naive remark: what about changing the way you draw so it doesn't hit your teeth? I have a few vapes that can hurt my teeth (hurt = dry discomfort sensation, not real pain), especially those with 18mm stem systems and on-demand convection. But I learnt how to orient the stem such that the stream of hot air doesn't reach my teeth, and it's not a problem anymore.

Using longer stems also creates a huge difference. Even a couple extra centimeters can change everything. Going lower in diameter also helps (14mm vs 18mm for instance) as well as using glass stems over wood ones.

Abysmal Vapor

Naive remark: what about changing the way you draw so it doesn't hit your teeth? I have a few vapes that can hurt my teeth (hurt = dry discomfort sensation, not real pain), especially those with 18mm stem systems and on-demand convection. But I learnt how to orient the stem such that the stream of hot air doesn't reach my teeth, and it's not a problem anymore.

Using longer stems also creates a huge difference. Even a couple extra centimeters can change everything. Going lower in diameter also helps (14mm vs 18mm for instance) as well as using glass stems over wood ones.
Thx for your suggestion. But as mentioned i am a long term vaporist and that teeth thing is only one of the reasons i use water filtration.You wont believe of the ammount of concepts i have tried sofar. Even the freezing cool vapor tamer didnt do the job. I have tried many conduction portable with the same success . I have stems that really cool the vapor to pleasant extent even with direct draw,but yet again.. if i make more than 1-2 hits dry,things really go dry and irritation is to follow.
Using wp is providing me with a very long airpath. . As sometimes i use without water and irritiation is present in continuous session.I really appreciate the raw flavor of direct draw.. but i dont think there ever will be a dry stem smaller than my wp to be able to do the job for me.
Anyway this is just my case. People generally in for the effects ,not for maximum harm reduction. IMO many use waterpipes in an unhealthy manner leaving waters and reclaim sit there with days. Those people can really benefit from concepts that require less cleaning and dont hold water,but that is just healthwise. The majority of the WP users do it just as a transitional habbit from their combustion days or from dabbing in general.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
when I first get my enano I bought a water tool to allow me to take huge hits (otherwise too hot and harsh)

Recently I realised that few slow hits instead of a big one are more effective and less harsh (a lot less) and stirring is no more needed (as when your draw is stronger)

So i put away my glass and I am a happier vaper, with less cleaning to do (my exhales are less impressive too but i do not care anymore)

I was a smoker before vaper so i was looking for thick and huge amounts of vapor when i first moved from smoke to vapor

PPN

Volute of Vapor
After to re-read my initial post I want to tell you I wasn't saying water filtration is for newbie, I only spoke about a personnal experience. I don't want to hurt anybody, I know personnal preferences are very... personnal!

Yes, my experience is very similar to your own one @Andreaerdna !

Just want to add since I removed my bubbler of my everyday environment I don't need to hide bubbler like a kid when peoples come at home... and since my daughter is growing it's a good idea to remove this sort of stuff!

Abysmal Vapor

@Andreaerdna For what is worth i also find logvapes a bit rough,escpecially those with silicone in the airpath... All glass vaporizers are smooth ,even the big hitters.
It is very subjective ,taking slow hits delivers quite a different experience which might be undesirable for some.
For me it is best if i cash a small load into one hit. It provides me with richest effects because i am getting the full profile of the plant at once with all the substances increasing the bioavailablity and aroma compounds opening my lungs so other can snug in trough the wide open doors.
This is the most effective way dosage wise and flavor wise. I hate flavorless hits.Tempstepping is cool but it is not my thing cause in the end i lack desire to finish the load due to the decresed taste. Flash vaporization maybe is the key. I also never appreciated the effects neither taste from conduction vapes,taste is just degraded for me.
The perfect device would be one that can deliver a massive hit at temps low enough to avoid irritatives like benzene but make good extraction without the need of repeating.If it is a portable it should have rotating micro-chambers that ensure a freshnesh of hit each time.
@PPN No offence taken ,bro. I was just pointing out another angle of things . As said convenience and stealth are not the top priorities of my vapor journey ,as it is with some - it is their health that is on focus. I totally get you point of view on the subject i am not saying it is not right,it is just not universal .
Recently i use my TUBOx rarely, i have switched full time to the Gn0mes and the Halo-log which has just glass and SS316L in the airpath,the latter two are so much smoother than most of the othervapes i've tried.
I can confirm that the material used in a vaporizer alone is enough to ruin the experience or make it of lesser quality.My aerial paths are really sensitive,i can endure irritation to some level ,but why should i do that when i can avoid it :). In my case Water filtration is just one of the tools to that purpose.

Last edited:

Skunkport

I haven't used water too much this week, but last night I was trying to get the hang of my steel coil vaporgenie through my matrix and used a serious torch which combusted almost instantly.
Tasted like crap but it was smooth enough through the bong I took it without coughing, full packed load in quite a large bowl in one hit!
So anyway, emptied and refreshed my bong but it had the combustion taste, meh, switched to another bong and put the steel coil and matrix by the sink. Felt productive making a coffee this morning so I cleaned it while my coffee brewed, I got 2 rubber corks to block the ends up and make it easy.

That's when I remembered reading about using hot water in your bong which I'd kept meaning to try. So I filled my matrix with hot water, slapped my fury on top and holy shit.
This is crazily smooth, I had the fury on 221c (whateverMaxFahrenheitIs) and hardly noticed, ripped it through like fresh air.
I put my OG vapcap on it and the same, only seeing the bong turn milky tells me there's anything being produced, because it's that smooth I'm just totally ghosting the hits, sat here at.. wow it's nearly 11am, I think I started writing this post at like 10:30am, wtf have I been doing? My bong water has gone cold and so has my coffee.

A lot of people say you absorb most of the thc fast. But that's a rumor about smoke which is 12% cannabinoids. Vapor is 98% cannabinoids, wtf are we breathing out then? I've just hit my vapcap through hot water and kept all of that lovely cannabinoid vapor in me where it belongs and I'm bloody high right now.
I usually hold it a little without water but it feels like trying, through hot water it's just comfortable, no effort to it.

Try it! I like this.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Everytime I try vaping dry I'm quicky reminded why I love water filtration so much. Dry vaping just irritates my throat too much that I can hardly finish the bowl, while water-filtered vapor almost not at all, it's been a game-changer for me. I'm not losing the interest in the slightest.

Phenix

5050 areagot a question on WT cleaning. i read many guides but I got one problem: there is a leaf (size 0.5x0.7cm floating around in my piece. problem is i dont get it out. it is in a section between two matrix percs. does not look good. which chemical can I use to kill (=break up into small bits) it?

tried ISOnSalt soaking, citron essence for 2days each. ideas? appreciate help as I can not find the piece +it was the $150 area.
obviously im cleaning more often now!

MrMonss

During the day I use the vapcap without filtration, like on vacation, but I noticed breathing difficulties. The same ones that made combustion impossible for me about 3/4 years ago.
And when I see the water of my waterpipe after two-three sessions, I also understand the usefulness of this filtration, and why it helps enormously to improve my respiratory system. (but it also depends on which vape you use, which grind, etc. on this aspect of fine particles that penetrate your respiratory system.. in my case it has never been a question of heat or relationship with the teeth or the drying of the vapor, it's "pure" filtration).
Maybe if you continued to smoke joints sometimes this side "medical"/respiratory must, for the moment, be quite unknown to you, lucky boy

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
As @PPN said....personal preferences....

I prefer dry most of the time because I'm a flavor chaser and water tends to dilute the taste a little for me. I also find that water is less efficient in terms of the amount of herb I use.

Water is almost a treat for me.....when I use a bubbler I'm going for massive clouds/hits and a BTB (Big Time Buzz). I'm going to end up exhaling huge clouds which is why I said it's less efficient for me.

My wife also prefers dry use unless she's vaping for medicinal reasons in which case she NEEDS water or bags because she isn't playing around and has to reach deep into the clouds.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Speaking of @ataxian, I just saw him like some posts?
I saw some stuff earlier that he was gone when I was much sicker.. Hope he's back now! Love his posts.
Some like water.
Some need water.

Water pipes with small mouthpiece is my preference?
Stoned medicated anilation high + COLAS + VAPORIZER = SUNDAY
Loving life!

I just tried a new vaporizer 2me?

Helios

whatever the day brings,
90% water path, dry is useful less drama, hit it n Quit it.
I do find with the E-Nano slow dry sips do me just fine dialed in at 5.5, flavorful and whispy. I don't always need to chase clouds. using a VC with water wands and bubbler is ideal today!

abcd5432

Some like water.
Some need water.

Water pipes with small mouthpiece is my preference?
Stoned medicated anilation high + COLAS + VAPORIZER = SUNDAY
Loving life!

I just tried a new vaporizer 2me?
LOL, almost died laughing, literally, asthma lol.

Welcome back man, we've missed your posts.
Don't forget your pictures you post in the cheap Glass thread! We like them!!!

I use water to keep aggravation to a minimum on my lungs.

Alexis

I don’t post pictures anymore because some R offended?

Da PLENTY with water piece work’s well!
That is a shame I for one will miss those great snapshots. But hey, do whatever needs be to feel comfortable we have you back again. Although I was holding out, (praying) that my long and painful wait was over and I would soon again feast my eyes upon Ataxian's colourful poolside shots.

I think now I will have to go back in time and have a right old gander at some of your past memorabilia. :cool:

Top Bottom