Looking for effective and efficient portable vape

Baked55

I currently own a eq, lotus and ascent. The lotus is the only one that gets any real use as I find it much more efficient. I am looking for something that is going to be just as efficient as the lotus but not butane powered. I need something that is easy to pocket and be able to sneak a few hits. Would also be great if it could keep the smell to a minimum, I realize they will all have a smell some are worse the others. I have had my eye on the grasshopper for a while now but not sure if that would still be my best option as I have not kept up to date with all of the new portables being released lately. I am open to any opinions and appreciate the help.

Baked55,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Firewood is my favorite: pocketable, self-contained, swappable herb capsules, four levels of fast & tasty convection heat!
Its one-button control with vibration feedback is nice too.

ArthurJ

I'll suggest the firewood as well.
Poke around in that thread a bit and see what folks are saying about it.

Baked55

Alright that many recommendations for the firewood I had to check it out. Just watched a video and I am very interested. I am going to check out the thread as soon as I get a little spare time. In the mean time I was just wondering how it would compare to the grasshopper especially when it comes to efficiency, portability and ease of use. Thanks again.

Baked55,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about the Arizer Air? It's a well made vaporizer that's small and can be used many ways. It doesn't use a lot of cannabis. It has an all glass air path and customer replaceable batteries. The battery will last the user a approx hour of continual use. Depending on what temp you are using.

The Air is the skinnier young sister of the Solo. The vape itself isn't that stinky. The Ascent is the stinkiest vaporizer I own. There are several different stem combinations you can use. Also with an adapter it hooks up well to a water tool. Planetvape sells a variety of custom stems with the PVHES line. They are in the $23 - $28 range.

You have stealth, ease of use and maintenance. It doesn't use a lot of product and it from a well known company - Arizer. The AA has been out for about a year and a half ago. There are no small pieces to keep track of.

The Air cost around $170. Check out the FC sponsors and see the best price you can get with the FC code for each store. Good luck in your vaporizing journey.
Here's a picture with a GonG as a mouthpiece. Its 4.8 inches tall without the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: Vaponly

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Alright that many recommendations for the firewood I had to check it out. Just watched a video and I am very interested. I am going to check out the thread as soon as I get a little spare time. In the mean time I was just wondering how it would compare to the grasshopper especially when it comes to efficiency, portability and ease of use. Thanks again.
Read the last few pages of the Firewood thread for good GH vs FW3 comparisons(note that the last page is mostly about the FW4 coming out in August/September hopefully). I have only had the FW3 but most who have had both seem to prefer the Firewood.

nosmoking,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Read the last few pages of the Firewood thread for good GH vs FW3 comparisons(note that the last page is mostly about the FW4 coming out in August/September hopefully). I have only had the FW3 but most who have had both seem to prefer the Firewood.
Fw4 jeese I thought I had vas under control.
Radar:sticky, vapcap, okin, Ed's bomb, homegrown, Hi's now fw4
And don't even mention GAS not in that order
Who am I kidding control. Lol
And I'll recommend ESV

Last edited:
Melting Pot,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Another vote for the fw3.

It was the first thing i thought when I read your post.

Obviously lots of others did too....

Milaana also ticks all your criteria, but less pocketable than fw3

Baked55

Ok so I have read The last 20 pages of the fw thread and it has really got me interested. Sounds like it should check most of the boxes I'm looking for.
check out the dynavap vapcap --- can't much more efficient or much more portable (butane powered) :cry:

:nod:

Have had my eye on one of these since they have come out. Big part of the reason I was looking for something that wasent butane was because I had already decided that is going to be my next one. Just need something battery powered first.

What about the Arizer Air? It's a well made vaporizer that's small and can be used many ways. It doesn't use a lot of cannabis. It has an all glass air path and customer replaceable batteries. The battery will last the user a approx hour of continual use. Depending on what temp you are using.

The Air is the skinnier young sister of the Solo. The vape itself isn't that stinky. The Ascent is the stinkiest vaporizer I own. There are several different stem combinations you can use. Also with an adapter it hooks up well to a water tool. Planetvape sells a variety of custom stems with the PVHES line. They are in the $23 - $28 range.

You have stealth, ease of use and maintenance. It doesn't use a lot of product and it from a well known company - Arizer. The AA has been out for about a year and a half ago. There are no small pieces to keep track of.

The Air cost around $170. Check out the FC sponsors and see the best price you can get with the FC code for each store. Good luck in your vaporizing journey.
Here's a picture with a GonG as a mouthpiece. Its 4.8 inches tall without the mouthpiece.

I was also very interested in the air as I have heard nothing but good things about it. Just wasent sure on bowl size as I want to be able to vape small amounts easily like .05g and didn't think Ot would be as efficient. Also I think I like the on demand vapor better rather then being confined to having a 10-15 session. Of course if my thinking on this is wrong someone please correct me.

So looks like unless someone convinces me of something else I'll most likely be getting the fw. Now to just decide if I want the 3 or to wait for the 4.

Top Bottom