Looking for an on demand convection vape, Cloud Evo style, which I can use it with a bong without any additional adapter

Saman65

Cloud evo was the vape I liked most out of Volcano, Crafty, Firefly 2, Ghost Mv1(longest used.). It broke 3 months after warranty eded and then they went out of business.
So looking for a vape to replace my mv1. I would like something portable like tinymight but not sure how close or similar it is to cloudevo.

Saman65,
Reactions: cosimo

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well, for starters, the EVO was a desktop and TM is portable... does that matter to you?

Bologna,
Reactions: Saman65

Saman65

Well, for starters, the EVO was a desktop and TM is portable... does that matter to you
Sorry should have explained better. my high ass.
It would be nicer if it is portable so I can sell my ghost mv1, not sure if anybody would buy it, but I want a very good experience and if a portable vape doesn't give me that, then desktop it is.
My benchmark is basically evo even though I haven't tried that in 7-8 year :D Last year I almost bought from a fellow user here who repairs and sells them for $220. My budget is ~$350, but the lower the better.
I want no adapters because have been using a 3d printed silicone one for almost a decade, first for crafty and now with mv1, and have been lately thinking how healthy vaping through this silicone piece is :s sorry if that's dumb and irrelevant!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ha, no worries!

Ok, that "benchmark" is pretty HIGH (;))...! or so I've been lead to believe as I've never used one (or a TM, ftm.)

I guess my next question would be, do you want a battery powered portable convection powerhouse, or will one heated by other means, or a semi-portable suffice for say, 90%+ of your usage?

Not really sure how you can get around vaping thru water w/o adapters of some kind (ftmp), I assume glass connections are ok? I don't feel your concerns are dumb or irrelevant in the slightest.

Have you considered a ball vape of some kind?

Last edited:
Bologna,

cosimo

If a log vape is out the question (12v logs can be used with battery pack to male them "portable"), then portables such a the Angus Enhanced, the TinyMight 2, or the AirVape Legacy Pro (with coupon to bring it down 100 bucks) might be a good investment?

cosimo,
Firewood is a hybrid, isn't it?
It is, but that’s why I said personally lol BUT an on demand hybrid is amazing. IMO the true portable on demand full convection would be the Tafee bowle but that’s my opinion. The FW9 I can kill a bowl in one heat up with full flavor and clouds.

Bonesvapechi,
Reactions: nicanaca0

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Sorry should have explained better. my high ass.
It would be nicer if it is portable so I can sell my ghost mv1, not sure if anybody would buy it, but I want a very good experience and if a portable vape doesn't give me that, then desktop it is.
My benchmark is basically evo even though I haven't tried that in 7-8 year :D Last year I almost bought from a fellow user here who repairs and sells them for $220. My budget is ~$350, but the lower the better.
I want no adapters because have been using a 3d printed silicone one for almost a decade, first for crafty and now with mv1, and have been lately thinking how healthy vaping through this silicone piece is :s sorry if that's dumb and irrelevant!
I think this (resurrected!) desktop is underrated and could replace your EVO. See this thread.

For a portable, some good candidates have been mentioned. I like hybrids as well but if it must be convection then TM2, Angus Enhanced, S3 (on-demand) are possible fits. Have a look at Vapor Halogen wand too... here.

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

To be honest I don’t think the op gets good advice here…

He had an evo which is an powerful desktop vape. And he want to use his new vape natively with a bong.

Look at ball vapes like the flowerpot or zenleaf by cannabis hardware (there are other ones which are quite similar). Much power, meant to work with water tools, heavy hitters.

I don’t think any portable can really keep up. And these are the safest bet material wise (no plastic etc)

My two cents….

Doktor Dub,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

He had an evo which is an powerful desktop vape. And he want to use his new vape natively with a bong.

Look at ball vapes like the flowerpot or zenleaf by cannabis hardware (there are other ones which are quite similar). Much power, meant to work with water tools, heavy hitters.

I don’t think any portable can really keep up. And these are the safest bet material wise (no plastic etc)

My two cents….

Ahem:

Ha, no worries!

Ok, that "benchmark" is pretty HIGH (;))...! or so I've been lead to believe as I've never used one (or a TM, ftm.)

I guess my next question would be, do you want a battery powered portable convection powerhouse, or will one heated by other means, or a semi-portable suffice for say, 90%+ of your usage?

Not really sure how you can get around vaping thru water w/o adapters of some kind (ftmp), I assume glass connections are ok? I don't feel your concerns are dumb or irrelevant in the slightest.

But yeah, we're BOTH forgetting this is TM2TOWN/FW9TOWN....🙄

I gotta stop trying to actually help members and just stick to amusing myself thru sarcasm

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
looking for a vape to replace my mv1. I would like something portable like tinymight but not sure how close or similar it is to cloudevo.

... Never mind that they did actually request portable recommendations though??

There are plenty of other options, portables and plugins, I could also suggest TetraP80, but Solo3 would be cheaper and easier to get (I would pick TM2 in this situation personally, but there is also RBT potentially and yes many others that might be recommended by someone else)

And sure technically all quite different from Evo and I would argue so are many ball vapes, everything is going to be a compromise, personally I think these portables are better option as someone familiar with them and Evo FWIW :2c:

Shit Snacks,

Doktor Dub

I want to apologize for being a bit to rude and not reading too good….. I was in a hurry…

If the op searches a portable tm 2 would be indeed my first try.

I didn’t wanted to annoy anybody, just want the op to be happy with his decision. Perhaps I thought a bit too much in my own usage. Quite some tolerance, water tool, searching for heavy hits.

What I keep saying: Heavy hitter, water tool, safe materials: Ball Vape

Have a great day!

Saman65

Ha, no worries!

Semi portable or portable doesn't matter really but I want a battery powered or plug in. I don't wanna use a torch or an extra device to heat it up. And for the adapters yes glass is perfectly fine :)
I just found out about ball vapes last night and looks like they are more for concentrates, or maybe I'm mistaken? I vape only flower.
so far have looked a bit into that, Couchlog (which I have to wait and see if a 2nd hand comes up in classified, brand new is a little expensdive for me, and TM.

I think this (resurrected!) desktop is underrated and could replace your EVO. See this thread.

For a portable, some good candidates have been mentioned. I like hybrids as well but if it must be convection then then TM2, Angus Enhanced, S3 (on-demand) are possible fits. Have a look at Vapor Halogen wand too... here.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had my friends DaBuddha and for me, it wasn't even close to evo :s
Halogen wand seems cool but I want something electric powered.

Saman65,

Saman65

Yes it seems like you should try a TM2 I think many Evo users converted to that very successfully?

Good Vibes Boro makes a glass version of these now as well
hey dude. I was looking at my older posts and you offered a dm to suggest me vapes similar to evo which I never messaged you hah
There is a TM2 in classified with tons of accessories for $280 and I'm pretty tempted to jump on it. damn I'd have happily paid $400 for a new evo but like you said, buying a discontinued repaired unit for 250 ish doesn't seem that smart for my broke ass, considering how evos are prone to breaking. I'm gonna beat myself up forever for not taking vapexhale offer of getting a new unit for $200 when they were still in business.
I also saw in classified some dude sold TWO freaking evo for $250, unbelievable, some lucky buyer got it on the same day lol

What can you say about Couchlog in your wishlist? Seems like anybody who owns them loves it.

Saman65

My two cents….
Evo being powerful wasn't the main quality that I liked. I loved all glass path, the freaking flavour, water cooling, and how great it was for microdozing ~0.1g or less of flower.

Doktor Dub

I just found out about ball vapes last night and looks like they are more for concentrates, or maybe I'm mistaken? I vape only flower.
Look a bit more into it. Their absolutely strength is powerful and flavorful flower hits. Some have the ability to do flower and concentrate at once

Micro dosing works but is NOT the biggest strength of ball vapes. (But don’t worry, you are able to sky rocket your tolerance so that microdosing isn’t important anymore :-))

Saman65

Look a bit more into it. Their absolutely strength is powerful and flavorful flower hits. Some have the ability to do flower and concentrate at once

Micro dosing works but is NOT the biggest strength of ball vapes. (But don’t worry, you are able to sky rocket your tolerance so that microdosing isn’t important anymore :-))
nice. Will look more into them then. Thanks. It's probably gonna be ball vapes or TM2 then.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
just found out about ball vapes last night and looks like they are more for concentrates, or maybe I'm mistaken? I vape only flower.

Oh, no, they just have some cross-compatible parts, some people mix as well, there's a lot of options, I would highly recommend Cloud Connoisseur personally although I don't have any of that PID enail stuff yet so I don't have those vapes yet I have different plug in ballers they're a great evolution from the Evo except mine are not readily available currently unless you see them in the aftermarket (Atlas, Halo, and Zenith) but yeah there are a lot of other options for PID enail driven ball vapes aside from Omega by cloud connoisseur (can be used wirelessly heated up in a station)

There is a TM2 in classified with tons of accessories for $280 and I'm pretty tempted to jump on it

That is a pretty good deal I think? Depending on the accessories exactly, most of the ones I prefer to use are all aftermarket, I don't use any of the stock setup accessories for TM personally... So I would like a bare bones to use with other glass ideally, but you might like it and a lot of people do so yeah depends (still definitely lower than 350 for a new one anyway but don't forget about warranty coverage I guess)

What can you say about Couchlog in your wishlist? Seems like anybody who owns them loves it.

Yeah it is a form of ball vape kind of combined with a log, 14 mm male injector style so standard but also a little unique, and uses ceramic around the heating element for the balls instead of others using rubies or glass etc. so I think it is similar yet special and that's why it is still on my wish list although it is not cheap!

Evo being powerful wasn't the main quality that I liked. I loved all glass path, the freaking flavour, water cooling, and how great it was for microdozing ~0.1g or less of flower.

Yeah so there really are a lot of options in this category, plugins and portables, always compromises and trade-offs, nothing quite like that but with a lot of looking and deciding and buying you can get something good haha there are a lot of threads about it hopefully you can find more info researching and make a choice to get going at least?

Shit Snacks,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks for the suggestions. I had my friends DaBuddha and for me, it wasn't even close to evo :s
Are you sure you tried the DaBuddha with the baller upgrade? New heater cover and over 300 rubies around the heater. It is a beast. There's no comparison with the original. It should be very comparable to the evo.

There's also the VaporBrothers VB1.5 which is also a baller upgrade to the V1.0. Desktop vape. A few classic vapes underwent these "baller" transformations and turned them into much, much more powerful vapes.
Halogen wand seems cool but I want something electric powered.
Um... it is electric powered? 12V, 1.5A... it's a 20W bulb. You can plug it in or use a powerbank.

TigoleBitties,

Saman65

Are you sure you tried the DaBuddha with the baller upgrade? New heater cover and over 300 rubies around the heater. It is a beast. There's no comparison with the original. It should be very comparable to the evo.

There's also the VaporBrothers VB1.5 which is also a baller upgrade to the V1.0. Desktop vape. A few classic vapes underwent these "baller" transformations and turned them into much, much more powerful vapes.

Um... it is electric powered? 12V, 1.5A... it's a 20W bulb. You can plug it in or use a powerbank.
No the DaBuddha which I had was pretty old, like my friend had bought it prior to 2017 ish.. so the upgrade is pretty different. I see. Gotta look more into it then thanks. I will look into each vape suggested here so thanks everyone :)

Axel_420

I have never tried EVO, but based on some of these things I would recommend Phase3 ZX. Another ball vape great for microdosing, with good flavor, designed mainly for one hit extraction, but not only that, very powerful and smooth.

Otherwise as far as portables I too would recommend a Tinymight 2, really a good vape that can offer you what you are looking for. Having both though, I prefer the ZX.

I haven't seen anyone mention it and I haven't tried it myself, but have you looked at Herborizer TI? It seems to fit what you are looking for except for microdosing which maybe in the stock configuration might not be its thing(?)

Top Bottom