Looking for a quality vaporizer!

IceMann997

Hey everyone! I have been looking for a vaporizer for a few months now, and need some help with choosing. Overall, I am looking for a vaporizer that will be safe to use; health is my most important concern. Specifically speaking, this would entail a vapor, and air path completely seperated from any electronics. Also, the materials need to be made of high quality materials like glass, or stainless steel. I dont want there to be ANY chance that something harmful or questionably harmful can contaminate the vapor that I inhale. I have become somewhat concerned since I have read that some vapes are constructed of plastics or other materials which can flake or offgass, or have the air pass through electronic circuitry. After ten years of smoking, I am extremely ready to switch to vaporizing. However, I dont want to simply change the negative health effects I get from inhaling smoke to inhaling other things. The cost is not an issue unless its over $500. What do you guys think would be the best options?

Last edited:

Squiby

Get a Vapcap.

Made in USA. No electronics, no batteries, no cords, no plastic.

The Vapcap is about as close as you can get to the ritual of smoking joints. They are the size and shape of a cigarette. You light (heat) the cap, then toke. You can use any heat source; a bic, a jet lighter, stove element, campfire stick, a candle etc.

Here are a few Vapcaps hanging out at home.
v3kK2qE.jpg

tjjPKE8.jpg

Prices range from $35 for an all glass OG Vapcap (with a glass condenser/airpath) to $80-$120 for a titanium tipped wood bodied Vapcap (with a stainless steel condenser/airpath), to the indestructible all metal, mostly titanium Omnivape for $160. A lot of people start with the inexpensive OG Vapcap and once they fall in love they come back for another.

The build is modular and the Titanium tipped models have completely interchangeable parts. It's LEGO for stoners... mix and match, find a Vapcap build all your own.

Temperature is controlled by where you apply heat on the cap. Higher on the cap for cooler temps and lower for higher temps. The cap clicks when it comes toking temps so you never have to worry about combusting.

For out and about the accessory Dynastash stores your Vapcap and your stash.

Here is a Ti VonG S Vapcap with a Blackwood body and Cocobolo mouthpiece on a Paduak Dynastash
XOsaOzi.jpg

I have severe asthma. This is the coolest smoothest vaporizer that I have found. From there I took it over thetop with this toking approach and technique. Highly recommended!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/help-wheezing-caused-by-vaping.23008/#post-1041170

Here is the Dynavap website. These guys have the best customer service bar none. Seriously. These are wonderful people to do business with.

https://www.dynavap.com

Come read about the Vapcap here on FC. We are a bunch of really happy satisfied Vapcap owners. The stories of generosity and good will, will restore your faith in the human race if nothing else.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-379

Last edited:

ginolicious

What are you searching for. Portable or desktop?

I recently was in the market for a portable. I went with a Haze V3.

Desktop go with a Vapir rise 2.0

ginolicious,

Farid

Another one here for the vapcap. It's not even the portability for me, I do 80% of my vaping at my desk.
What appeals to me about the vapcap is it is the only vaporizer I use that doesn't look like I'm sucking on a weird gadget, medical device, or box mod. Its so god damn nice looking. I always feel self conscious when smoking/vaping in front of others unless it's a joint or a vapcap.

I used to be all about the logs. Now I use a vapcap 100% of the time. At home I use it through water. When I'm out I use it native.

The only thing that vapcap lacks is precise temp control, but you can control the temperature by how far down you heat the tip, so I feel I get temps that suit my needs, and only combust when I do something stupid like heat past the click.

If you were ever a one hitter guy when you smoked the vapcap will have lots of appeal.

Last edited:

howie105

Merry Xmas IceMann997. May I suggest that you add a few more details to what you are looking for so folks can possibly help you a bit more efficiently. First the vapes power source, would a corded, batteries or flame powered vape be more appealing to your usage situation. Second are you using the vape with others or going solo, some really good vapes fail at supporting more then one user at a time without hassles. There are other factors to consider but addressing these two now will improve your chances of selecting the best vape possible.

HD Springer

Damn if you have that much dinero to spend I'd get me a couple. A vapcap for sure then maybe a mighty or a log even. He'll get three different kind even. You could easily get a Vapcap and a log of some sort and then maybe another portable of some kind.

If your smart you'll get at least 2 vaporizers. You definitely need a back up no matter what you get. The og vapcap goes for only $30 so that's a perfect emergency type vaporizer. Just my findings and thoughts. Good luck and welcome to FC.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I think there's a lot of fear about plastics that are unwarranted. By cutting out plastic you're down to very few vapes available.

I love my Herbalizer and my Mighty that both are high end vapes and feature a plastic air path. Never have I tasted plastic or noticed and degradation of the plastic.

Baron23

Hey everyone! I have been looking for a vaporizer for a few months now, and need some help with choosing. Overall, I am looking for a vaporizer that will be safe to use; health is my most important concern. Specifically speaking, this would entail a vapor, and air path completely seperated from any electronics. Also, the materials need to be made of high quality materials like glass, or stainless steel. I dont want there to be ANY chance that something harmful or questionably harmful can contaminate the vapor that I inhale. I have become somewhat concerned since I have read that some vapes are constructed of plastics or other materials which can flake or offgass, or have the air pass through electronic circuitry. After ten years of smoking, I am extremely ready to switch to vaporizing. However, I dont want to simply change the negative health effects I get from inhaling smoke to inhaling other things. The cost is not an issue unless its over $500. What do you guys think would be the best options?
Portable or desktop. Makes a BIG difference.

I am a DynaVap fan, and I own and love my VapCaps and I love the company and its principals.

However, I do not share the view some have that its the one best solution for all situations.

For example, if you like a Desktop, I would suggest looking into the Enano or VapeXhale Cloud EVO. You can run fairly small loads (.05 grams and up...particularly with the EVO). They extract wonderfully.

If looking for a portable, then I would perhaps suggest a Mighty, depending on how often and how much you use at a time..

Then...get a VapCap as a 2nd vape and as a low tech back up! LOL

Can you tell us how you would use a vape, home/away, session or just for a couple of hits and set it down, share or alone generally, amount you use at a time, does it need to also work with concentrates as well as dried herb.

We need some input, mate.

little maggie

I agree that vapcap is not for everyone. I would still recommend it if you want a vape that's brainless to use, easy to carry around, powerful.
If you do want a desktop one of the log vapes would be a good choice. I have 3 different logs and while many here like the enano, I prefer the underground. Ed'sTNT is working on a log and I suspect that it will beat out the others.
Mostly I alternate between the milaana and vapcap. The milaana is also simple to use and portable.

IceMann997

Thank you for the recommendations! I am sorry I didn't specify earlier what kind of vape I was looking for, I knew I forgot something lol...:lol:
I am honestly open to anything whether it be butane powered, battery powered, portable, desktop, etc.
It would be used with herbs mostly, but I am also open to one that does just concentrates or both.
I would use the unit a few times a day at home or away (depending on all of my options) by myself.
Either a session, or just a few hits at a time works perfectly fine as I enjoy both.
The amount of herb I tend to use is .2 - .5 grams, although anything below or above that is okay just as long as it fulfills the requirements stated earlier!
The Vapcap, Mighty, and log vapes seem like good choices! However, I am just concerned about the Vapcap titanium tip. I have seen alot of pictures where the titanium seems to be oxidized from all of the heating, and turns blue or orange-yellow. I know that Titanium Dioxide forms when titanium oxidizes, and I just want to make sure I don't inhale those vapors!

IceMann997,

Baron23

Thank you for the recommendations! I am sorry I didn't specify earlier what kind of vape I was looking for, I knew I forgot something lol...:lol:
I am honestly open to anything whether it be butane powered, battery powered, portable, desktop, etc.
It would be used with herbs mostly, but I am also open to one that does just concentrates or both.
I would use the unit a few times a day at home or away (depending on all of my options) by myself.
Either a session, or just a few hits at a time works perfectly fine as I enjoy both.
The amount of herb I tend to use is .2 - .5 grams, although anything below or above that is okay just as long as it fulfills the requirements stated earlier!
The Vapcap, Mighty, and log vapes seem like good choices! However, I am just concerned about the Vapcap titanium tip. I have seen alot of pictures where the titanium seems to be oxidized from all of the heating, and turns blue or orange-yellow. I know that Titanium Dioxide forms when titanium oxidizes, and I just want to make sure I don't inhale those vapors!
I think the discolored part you are looking at is the cap which is SS, not Ti.

I do not recall having ever seen the Ti tips oxidize or turn colored from heat, but you may well be right.

@Squiby - first, Merry Christmas to you and yours (or happy holidays if you prefer). Ever seen Ti tips discolor from heat?

Baron23,
Reactions: Squiby

Squiby

I am just concerned about the Vapcap titanium tip. I have seen alot of pictures where the titanium seems to be oxidized from all of the heating, and turns blue or orange-yellow. I know that Titanium Dioxide forms when titanium oxidizes, and I just want to make sure I don't inhale those vapors!
I think the discolored part you are looking at is the cap which is SS, not Ti.

I do not recall having ever seen the Ti tips oxidize or turn colored from heat, but you may well be right.

@Squiby - first, Merry Christmas to you and yours (or happy holidays if you prefer). Ever seen Ti tips discolor from heat?

Merry Christmas!

The only "discolored" titanium that I have seen has been heated to extreme temperatures in order to intentionally anodized the metal. This process would certainly fall far beyond the act of heating a chamber in order to vaporize herb or concentrates.

I don't know much about coloring titanium but I think we are talking about temps 800° f and above just to get started. That's pretty extreme heat. No normal Vapcap would ever be subjected to these temps.

I don't recall seeing any ti tips that have became discolored from normal heating and I have read the entire Dynavap thread.

Last edited:

IceMann997

So since it does, Theoretically I or anyone else can inhale that?..

I have found a few pictures on the fifth page of the vap cap thread, and have seen videos on youtube of people using their vap cap with discolered tips.

Last edited:
IceMann997,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I think we are talking about temps 800° f and above just to get started

The temperature of a Bic lighter can reach nearly 1,977 degrees Celsius or 3,590.6 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature of a lighter's flame depends on what type of fuel the lighter uses. Bic lighters use butane and are called butane lighters.

Consumer air butane torches are often claimed to develop flame temperatures up to approximately 1,700 K (1,430 °C; 2,600 °F). This temperature is high enough to melt many common metals, such as aluminum and copper, and hot enough to vaporize many organic compounds as well.

Hippie Dickie,

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
I don't know the properties of TI but the changing colours could be a result of something else goin on.
That being said,
If you are very sensitive to the health aspects you might look into the vapman. It works in a similar way like the vapcap but the heating pan is made from copper and is goldplated. You heat the pan and then inhale, so you are not sucking in any butane if that might be an issue as wel.

Good luck spotting the right vape!

Kozzmozz,

jimfish4130

So since it does, Theoretically I or anyone else can inhale that?..

I have found a few pictures on the fifth page of the vap cap thread, and have seen videos on youtube of people using their vap cap with discolered tips.

Greetings,
I finished my first hybrid prototype a few minutes ago. The business end has been upgraded to titanium. Please let me know what you think. This is the direction I am hoping to go with Ed, titanium tips that is. We are hoping to substitute the glass for wood and titanium. I think the glass has it's place, and it definitely works well, but it seemed there was a need to satisfy the craving for something a bit more interesting than clear glass. A key feature of this design is the thermal isolation of the titanium end. This will allow for continued use without burning your fingers!

Plain titanium
IMG_20150729_101703596_zpsjsqtd7vj.jpg

Colored titanium

IMG_20150729_103028929_zps9gin1haj.jpg

IMG_20150729_103654724_zpsxujbatyu.jpg

Assembled unit. Same length. Still fits nicely in the air tight plastic tube.

IMG_20150729_103811407_zps0nuyd2n0.jpg

Thank you everyone.

George

This was a prototype, probably done on purpose and looks unused. The other ones like that I've seen were done on purpose too iirc, could be mistaken though

I've been using my omnivap pretty much all day every day for around 6 months and besides loosing a bit of shine there isn't really any discolouration on the tip and my cap has a slight rainbow sheen.

I've only soaked it in iso a couple of times, I normally iso qtip it clean so maybe I could get it looking nicer after a more thorough clean

jimfish4130,

Squiby

I have found a few pictures on the fifth page of the vap cap thread, and have seen videos on youtube of people using their vap cap with discolered ti

Are these the pictures that you are referring to?
Plain titanium
IMG_20150729_101703596_zpsjsqtd7vj.jpg

Colored titanium
IMG_20150729_103028929_zps9gin1haj.jpg

IMG_20150729_103654724_zpsxujbatyu.jpg

IMG_20150729_103811407_zps0nuyd2n0.jpg

These are not discolored tips from heating the Vapcap within normal temperatures and inhaling the vapors.

These pics show that titanium could be anodized permanently as a aesthetic choice. If you bought a Vapcap and asked them to anodized the titanium because you prefer the look of the colors, I imagine they would customize it for you. But this process would result in a permanent coloration and heating the vapcap for herb vaporization use would not result in any titanium fumes burning off. It's not a coating.

If you heated your vaporizer, any vaporizer, to the extreme high temps necessary to anodized the metal, you would certainly combust your weed way, way, before your metal would ever anodized. You just don't vape weed at those temps. Your weed would be a tiny pile of ash.

If you heated a Vapman vaporizer to those extremes, for example, you would burn wood middle section to the point that you would be inhaling the natural resins present in the wood. If you did this to a Lotus you would burn a hole through the thin cap.

True, lighters can get very hot and can reach extreme temps. But in reality, we are talking about heating a tip for a few seconds to reach a few hundred degrees, rather than holding holding a lighter to it for an extended period of time in order to reach those extreme high temps and anodized metal.

When you heat a Vapcap, you heat the tip momentarily, then you shut off the lighter and then toke. No metal vapors or butane vapors are present.

It's like putting an empty pot on your stove element on high for a couple hours and asking if that would damage or discoloration the metal. The answer is yes. And there would likely be all kinds of fumes produced. But why would you do that? It does not represent the intended use of the product.

Last edited:

Baron23

From Google. Personally, as @Squiby mentioned, the temp of the flame of the lighter is inconsequential. The issue is how how you get the Ti tip and for that we are in the neighbor hood of 380-400 F....somewhere around there, yeah.

I don't think there is anything for me to worry about in this, but we all are entitled to chose what to fuss and be concerned about. But I do think its worthwhile comparing the environmental threats we are concerned about with what we are exposed to day in and day out just walking around. At least for me its important to put these kind of issues into a wider perspective.

Like aluminium and magnesium, titanium metal and its alloys oxidize immediately upon exposure to air. Titanium readily reacts with oxygen at 1,200 °C (2,190 °F) in air, and at 610 °C (1,130 °F) in pure oxygen, forming titanium dioxide.[8] It is, however, slow to react with water and air at ambient temperatures because it forms a passive oxide coating that protects the bulk metal from further oxidation.[3] When it first forms, this protective layer is only 1–2 nm thick but continues to grow slowly; reaching a thickness of 25 nm in four years.[15]

Atmospheric passivation gives titanium excellent resistance to corrosion, almost equivalent to platinum, capable of withstanding attack by dilute sulfuric and hydrochloric acids, chloride solutions, and most organic acids.[4] However, titanium is corroded by concentrated acids.[16] As indicated by its negative redox potential, titanium is thermodynamically a very reactive metal that burns in normal atmosphere at lower temperatures than the melting point. Melting is possible only in an inert atmosphere or in a vacuum. At 550 °C (1,022 °F), it combines with chlorine.[4] It also reacts with the other halogens and absorbs hydrogen.[5]

Baron23,

IceMann997

That seems to make sense.

How long do you guys tend to use caps before getting bew ones?

IceMann997,
Top Bottom