Looking for a new portable but in a quandry

Medivapequeen

Hey

So the portable VAS is still strong. I've been using the Angus lately and while it's a great session vape it just isn't doing it for me power wise. I have a lot of vapes that I own or have owned and sold.

Mighty - works but old and isn't satisfying and long sessions
Angus - Flavour is great but long session times to fully extract
Air vape legacy pro - sold as too tight airflow
Xmas V3 - not powerful enough
Dyna Vong and ufo IH - great hits but small bowl and need IH due to me being shit with butane. Not very portable with glass
TM1 - tried baskets and capsules but couldn't get technique down and just hotspotted so sold.
Tafee Bowle - LOVED this but battery wasn't big enough and no passthrough
Arizer solo 2 - nice flavour but slow sessions. Loved how easy to use and clean though.

I'm using desktops mainly at the moment mainly the ceroma and obviously no portable is going to hit like that but does anything come close? Because I need something for out and about and downstairs that's relatively easy to use. Bonus for preloadable capsules etc for travel.

What portables do other ball vape users here recommend? I've been eyeballing the TM2 but figure I'll have the same issues as before.

The Bakx from lamart looks pretty damn amazing and I'd love one but getting one is a different matter.

What do you lovely folks recommend?

Sativapo

I don't know if something like the mistvape imp still exists but it would fill your needs power airflow and portability wise on a pico mod if you are confy with a bit of settings on it. The imp would handle coil heat better ( glowing at higher temps). They both cook pretty even. Never tried a tm but always imagined it a bit like my Imp without the mod tinkering.

Sativapo,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I grow my own, press rosin, make bubble hash, bubble hash rosin, and use a Ceroma, Tidow and Dnail daily and the last 2x whiteys I chucked were with a single Roffu with S/S dosing caps matched with a J-hook and a short heat soak...you do not have to spend big bucks to get where you need to be.:2c:
That said the OG CU can make the vapor sneak up on you as it cools so well.
Hard to believe these were only US$99 delivered US customers when on sale not long ago, made sense to get two,

Medivapequeen

I grow my own, press rosin, make bubble hash, bubble hash rosin, and use a Ceroma, Tidow and Dnail daily and the last 2x whiteys I chucked were with a single Roffu with S/S dosing caps matched with a J-hook and a short heat soak...you do not have to spend big bucks to get where you need to be.:2c:
That said the OG CU can make the vapor sneak up on you as it cools so well.
Hard to believe these were only US$99 delivered US customers when on sale not long ago, made sense to get two,

I've never seen the Roffu I will have to check that out as that looks pretty good! I've bought a few cheap vapes and been burnt before but this looks good.

you say you've already tried the TM which was what i was going to suggest. i get MASSIVE clouds off my tm. i always use the basket screens - i have 2 TM's and they both deliver the goods.

Yes I had the TM1 early last year but whatever I tried it just hotspotted and burnt the bottom of the herb. Screens dosing caps nothing helped so I gave up. I don't know if the TM2 is much of an improvement heating wise.

I don't know if something like the mistvape imp still exists but it would fill your needs power airflow and portability wise on a pico mod if you are confy with a bit of settings on it. The imp would handle coil heat better ( glowing at higher temps). They both cook pretty even. Never tried a tm but always imagined it a bit like my Imp without the mod tinkering.

I'll have a look at this thanks. I do have a stempod Si I don't really use so it put me off 510 vapes. The pico is a tiny little mod though so I'll have a look

I saw these were available to buy from lamart the other day but honestly the battery pack is a big downside for me. I thought they were hard to get hold of so wondered why they were available.

Have you seen a video review of that anywhere? I've looked a few times and haven't managed to spot one.
I cant find any either just a lot of negative comments on reddit so far. Would be good to hear from an owner and how long the battery pack lasts etc and how it compares to the FW7

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've never seen the Roffu I will have to check that out as that looks pretty good! I've bought a few cheap vapes and been burnt before but this looks good.

Similar yet different to the v3pro, best with WPA step ups...

Yes I had the TM1 early last year but whatever I tried it just hotspotted and burnt the bottom of the herb. Screens dosing caps nothing helped so I gave up. I don't know if the TM2 is much of an improvement heating wise.

As was said in the past, it was likely due to your technique, those things can be controlled by the user when you're dealing with pure convection on demand like this, entirely possible that style is just not for you... TM2 is definitely better, but you could end up having the same problems if you use it the same way you did before (screens and dosing capsules don't really have anything to do with it specifically)

I saw these were available to buy from lamart the other day but honestly the battery pack is a big downside for me. I thought they were hard to get hold of so wondered why they were available.

Lamart? You mean firewood website...? The pre-order groups have all been caught up so they are available for sale now to anyone through the website ... Not so hard, the FW7 was much harder to obtain

I cant find any either just a lot of negative comments on reddit so far. Would be good to hear from an owner and how long the battery pack lasts etc and how it compares to the FW7

Why are you on Reddit?!? Just go to the FC thread for the firewood, skim backwards from the most recent page and you will see how people feel about the FW8... :tup:

Medivapequeen

Similar yet different to the v3pro, best with WPA step ups...

As was said in the past, it was likely due to your technique, those things can be controlled by the user when you're dealing with pure convection on demand like this, entirely possible that style is just not for you... TM2 is definitely better, but you could end up having the same problems if you use it the same way you did before (screens and dosing capsules don't really have anything to do with it specifically)

Lamart? You mean firewood website...? The pre-order groups have all been caught up so they are available for sale now to anyone through the website ... Not so hard, the FW7 was much harder to obtain

Why are you on Reddit?!? Just go to the FC thread for the firewood, skim backwards from the most recent page and you will see how people feel about the FW8... :tup:
Yeah I figured it was my technique with the TM as I know loads love it but I tried for a few weeks before selling it.

Yes firewood. I'd been looking at the bakx and got confused. If it had a user replaceable battery I'd get one but I think the packs are quite expensive and I'd need a few so the FW8 is out.

I ask myself most days why I'm on reddit lol but thanks I've had a good read about it.

I'm kinda leaning towards a roffu if I see one on sale as it looks like it could be decent for what I need.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I'm a gas man :ko: DId you try the heat jackets for the Dynavap ( FMJ, etc) ? I have not but they look like they might make it easier to use the DV with a butane lighter.

The Anvil sounds like the beastly portable to have!

Haze Mister,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
No one has mentioned the Thermal Accumulator? Closest thing to a ball vape in your pocket I can think of. I also think the BFG products Dani/Fusion pack a wallop for a portable.

As for the Airvape Legacy Pro, I own one and it's one of my favorites. Can't agree with you that it has a tight airflow at all. The draw is virtually open. Make sure it's clean and read about removing extraneous screens but even off-the-shelf it's very open. Not a true heavy hitter but no slouch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom