Looking for a little help

Werral

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole vaping scene so I'm having a hard time navigating all the information with so many new terms, abbreviations, and acronyms.
I'm looking for a vaporizer that can handle both flower and concentrate.
Here is some info on my situation:

- I mostly smoke flower but want the option of using concentrates.
- I'm not overly concerned about the price. I would much rather have a very high quality product then save a few bucks.
- I would prefer a portable unit but I'd rather have a single device to do both herb and concentrate well...I'm not dead set against a plug in unit if that's my only option.
- I live in Canada so it doesn't have to be discrete at all.
- I will almost never be using it solo.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

ginolicious

If you don’t care if it’s an ondemand vape or a session style vaporizer I know the Haze Dual V3 has treated me well for years. Does both flower and concentrate. Removable batteries. Two bowls. Easy to keep clean. Made with great materials. Comes in at $250. Can order from Toronto Vaporizer. Get free shipping and a free grinder.

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
Welcome to FC! You'll have access to members that have their favorites and swear by them.
I use a dual quartz coil pen for concentrates.There's a ton if them out there for under 100 bucks.They can be very discreet and heat up in a second or two.
For flower the Mighty/ Crafty are rated high on the list by alot of people.
There are some members that like the simple dimple Dyanvap idea of using a torch (or other heaters) to vape their herb.
The Pax 3 is a worth mention, as is the Da vinci IS ( and baby bro).

The firefly 2 offers a decent concentrate/ flower choice.

Enjoy your search!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If you want a portable to start with you might just focus on a dry herb vape and get a cheap bubbler and a quartz banger for occasional dabbing.

A popular portable concentrates option is the Sai atomizers from Humboldt. Just keep your dry herb vape shopping separate in that case.

Someone will surely recommend a newvape flowerpot soon if you're really feeling spendy.

OyVape

For dry herb, it sounds like you want a Mighty.

Not really into dabbing concentrates so I can't help you there. But it does seem to be a consensus that it's best to have a separate device from your dry herb vape. It's invariably kind of a mess otherwise. Although the Haze v3 suggestion might work since it has 2 separate bowls.

Werral

Someone will surely recommend a newvape flowerpot soon if you're really feeling spendy.
The Flowerpot does look really nice and I really like the fact that it's one device to do both flower and concentrate but I would prefer a portable device.
What about something like a box mod with a Splinter and Saionara to swap around? Would that work / be recommended?

Cheers!

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
The Flowerpot does look really nice and I really like the fact that it's one device to do both flower and concentrate but I would prefer a portable device.
What about something like a box mod with a Splinter and Saionara to swap around? Would that work / be recommended?

Cheers!

An idea - look at Ed's TNT Woodscents thread- the stem used is the portable dynavap- materials used include wood and titanium. I am medical as well and I and others have come across quite a few good options here at FC.

Also- not portable but worth mentioning- the vape Xhale.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Forgot- the SSV (a desktop), has been around a long while, and is still loved- does have an accessory to add on for use with concentrates too.

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: Werral

Vaporware

Cheers!

That’s certainly an option to consider. If you just want to share with one or two other people and you don’t need a lot of draws to get where you want to be, or if you don’t mind a lot of battery changes, something like a Splinter and a Saionara could work out well.

If it’s going to get a lot of use though, in a night or over time, the FlowerPot will keep up with you and hold up better over time.

In addition to the batteries, the Saionara will need atomizers replaced (I’m not sure how often), and the Splinter and Saionara could both break fairly easily if someone dropped or abused them.

That does bring up the main drawback of the FlowerPot too; the head is very hot (usually set around 500-700f) and you don’t want people touching it or dropping it on carpet or something.

Personally I’ve never had a problem with that, and with a well thought out vape station I don’t think most people would have problems with it, but you’ll have to think about how careful you and your friends would be.

It also brings up a great side of the FlowerPot though; if you can safely pick it up by the handle, put it on the bowl and then put it back on the post or in another safe place, you should be fine. It’s easy to use and a nearly indestructible powerhouse that can keep up with as many people and as much flower and concentrates as you can throw at it, and until the coil or controller fails (which should take years) there’s nothing to do but clean the bowls, glass and the SiC or quartz dish if you’re using concentrates.

If you’re not ready for that I understand, but if you think you’re going to be demanding users, you may save money in the long run by starting with a solid desktop like the FlowerPot, so I would at least take a serious look at them. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: Werral
Top Bottom