Looking for a dry herb micro-dose portable vape with batteries

cloud69

Hello friends! I think it's time for me to move to a vaporizer. I used some devices here and there in the past but I never owned one in the past. The main reason is health. Right now I m consuming mostly with combustion methods, which leads to chronic coughing and the other symptoms that come with smoking. The second reason is to reduce my overall consumption. I know that using vaporizers is a good method to achieve that. So after some research, I ended up getting a bit familiar with the terms, and now I know what I am looking for.

I am consuming casually. I enjoy a very light head during the day, and then some heavier usage after work while I m playing video games or doing other stuff to relax. So ideally I would like to be able to do some puffs here and there in the day and do some more regular usage during the night.

Mostly I m smoking alone. I consume about 0.3 per day but I want to reduce that. For nighttime, I enjoy long sessions if that helps.

I m smoking mostly at home, but I would like to have the option to carry in few day trips or trips to the NL.

My supplies are limited, so I want to be able to extract as much as possible while having some decent quality flavor.

I was considering Tiny Might, but the availability is very limited, and I would prefer to get one, one of these days. So I did some search and Pax 3 seems like a nice one, even though on the expensive side. Also as far as I understand it might not be ideal for long seasons since its conduction only, and the starting temps seem quite high.

Budget wise, I don't wanna spend more than 250€. I'd say that's the hard limit.

Any suggestion or guidance is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

Toivarita

999 Forever
With that budget, I’d say Portside Mini Induction Heater (or another portable IH) with a Dynavap M

Last edited:
Toivarita,
Reactions: cloud69

justcametomind

Fury 2. Small bowl, very fast and small. 120€~ Fury edge 150€
Flowermate Cap, even smaller but less potent, small bowl, still very decent 47€
Arizer V Tower this is a desktop and as such is more powerful 95€
Any money is better spent on desktops since batteries are out of the equation, along with issues due to harder to achieve heat dissipation.
Edge and V tower would be a great combo for 250€
If you want to switch from combustion imho is better to get and electrical device instead of flame or heat driven, where you could possibly combust. No learning curve means if you stick with it for a couple of weeks without trying combustion you are likely to switch successfully. If you acquire a bad technique (like I usually do) with flame powered you absorb some of the nasty stuff of combustion. Especially if you try to be savvy and extract all the goods from every bowl (like I do).

Last edited:

seki

Lately I have been using a Vaponic with a MistVape heater. There is a small stainless steel screen and a rubber stopper to seal and hold the unit together, but outside of those two items it is all glass.

Traditionally it's meant to be used with a torch and the learning curve is steep IMO, but with the heater it is easy to get consistently excellent results.

I have been using this almost exclusively for the past few days and have been using ~0.05-0.1g unground chunks and I'm finding it very effective.

Prices can vary, but the Vaponic is roughly 40-50€, the MistVape heater is $100usd for the most cost-effective configuration (although the most expensive blackwood is very nice, the less expensive models have the option of going unbranded if that's a consideration for you) and a mod box can vary in price, but I would strongly recommend going for at least a 2-battery mod that can run custom firmware like Arctic Fox. The MistVape heater will be the sticking point given that you'd have to import from the US, but I do believe it would be worth the effort.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Tinymight and maybe a vapcap while you wait. The vapcap will give you efficiency when that's the priority and the Tinymight will deliver good flavor and beastly on demand convection in something as simple to use as the wimpy session vapes from years past. I only use mine with a j-hook at home as a coffee table vape and the ritual is like holding a pipe lighter

cloud69

Thank you all for your suggestions! I am doing a thorough search for the models you have suggested to me. Unfortunately most of them are not available in Europe or they are out of stock.

@Toivarita Portside Mini Induction Heater is not available.

@justcametomind I am looking for an electrical device indeed. I want to avoid flame-based solutions, at least for now. Also, don't want to get two vapos. Fury 2 or Edge are not available, the same for Flowermate products. Probably these are available to the US but not so much here in Europe.

@seki sounds like a nice solution, but again, Mist Vape is not available in the shops I've been checking though and it's not that travel friendly.

@bossman tinymight is in my list, but if I want to get it I will probably have to wait months. Vapcap is a flame-based solution, while I want to avoid it. I want to go for a battery-based one.

cloud69,

Drug

Vapcap is great for microdosing. If the PSM is unavailable there's alternatives like the VHB Carbon. If I were in OP's position I'd opt for a portable IH with a 2020 M Dynavap.

E: I also get the appeal of an electric device. In that case I would go for either a Tetra P80 or the Tinymight, both of them will demand some patience though. But from what I hear they're best in class for the described use and I wouldn't want to compromise.

cloud69

@justcametomind Fury ticks a lot of boxes for me indeed!
It's small and portable, it's hybrid, it has a pretty small chamber so I can microdose (as far as I understand with a glass mouthpiece you get an even smaller chamber (which is desired in my case) and can give higher quality vapes in higher temperatures. I think I start falling in love with it :D

In vapefully.com they have the Edge v2, but can't seem to be able to find much about this model other than the user manual on the official website. That's kinda strange I must admit but if it's the improved version of an already good vapo I will take it!

@Drug thank you for your suggestions, keep in mind though that I am a newbie, and I don't want to invest too much time and effort in a vapo right now, so custom solutions are not something I am after at this point.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Did you have a look at the Firewood 7 ?
I know it's not in Europe but you still can order across the atlantic.
Older FW models also fulfill your conditions IMHO (if you are ok with second hand vaporizers).

cloud69

@f2j nope havent seen it before. Looks like a really nice and beautiful vapo but again availability seems a bit rough here in the EU. The issue with ordering from overseas is that it will have to go through customs which means that in the best case, I will have to wait 3-4 additional weeks, I will have to pay 24% extra, and I don't like the idea of someone messing with my stuff. In the past had a really bad experience ordering overseas.

cloud69,
Reactions: f2j

C No Ego

@justcametomind Fury ticks a lot of boxes for me indeed!
It's small and portable, it's hybrid, it has a pretty small chamber so I can microdose (as far as I understand with a glass mouthpiece you get an even smaller chamber (which is desired in my case) and can give higher quality vapes in higher temperatures. I think I start falling in love with it :D

In vapefully.com they have the Edge v2, but can't seem to be able to find much about this model other than the user manual on the official website. That's kinda strange I must admit but if it's the improved version of an already good vapo I will take it!

@Drug thank you for your suggestions, keep in mind though that I am a newbie, and I don't want to invest too much time and effort in a vapo right now, so custom solutions are not something I am after at this point.
Fury Edge V2 just came out a while back ... they changed it so you can adjust the cut off timer to 7 minutes and added a press to hold while off feature that allows you to see batt life . Fury vapes are all I use now ... I have five

Toivarita

999 Forever
Thank you all for your suggestions! I am doing a thorough search for the models you have suggested to me. Unfortunately most of them are not available in Europe or they are out of stock.

@Toivarita Portside Mini Induction Heater is not available.

@justcametomind I am looking for an electrical device indeed. I want to avoid flame-based solutions, at least for now. Also, don't want to get two vapos. Fury 2 or Edge are not available, the same for Flowermate products. Probably these are available to the US but not so much here in Europe.

@seki sounds like a nice solution, but again, Mist Vape is not available in the shops I've been checking though and it's not that travel friendly.

@bossman tinymight is in my list, but if I want to get it I will probably have to wait months. Vapcap is a flame-based solution, while I want to avoid it. I want to go for a battery-based one.
@cloud69
Dynavap has a lovely selection of Induction Heaters, also there are independent Induction Heater makers that can be found in this website. There are a WIDE and VAST selection of portable induction heaters to satisfy your needs and budget. You’ll have no need to ever use a torch when you have a portable heater.

lots of people seem to like Flux Heaters :

I myself am interested in DynaVap’s ‘Rover 2’ portable, high capacity, Induction Heater.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Not sure if you’re still interested in them but Dynavaps can give you some of the hardest hits and best efficiency in a portable Dry Herb Vape with incredible micro-dosing capabilities.

Toivarita,

cloud69

Not sure if you’re still interested in them but Dynavaps can give you some of the hardest hits and best efficiency in a portable Dry Herb Vape with incredible micro-dosing capabilities.
Dynavaps look real cool solutions but I want a battery-powered solution. I tried some butane powered vapos in the past but failed miserably to extract anything good really. In the future, i might get a TinyMight if i get the chance.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Dynavaps look real cool solutions but I want a battery-powered solution. I tried some butane powered vapos in the past but failed miserably to extract anything good really. In the future, i might get a TinyMight if i get the chance.
When you get a portable Induction heater, it is a battery powered solution and you will never need or want a torch. The constant customizability of everything in the Dynavap community also makes it a very popular choice because after a year you may get bored with the aesthetics or how it functions. Instead of buying a whole new vape, you just buy a part that looks intriguing to you and will satisfy your next need. For example, after getting bored with your standard 2020 M stem you can pay €$20-€$40 and get a glass BB stem from Dynavap.

Mr. Me2

Thing with grasshoper is that I will have to order from overseas and which is something I want to avoid.

I think I made my mind and I will go for Fury Edge V2! Actually I m about to order it right now :D
The Edge is great (and great value) as is its company. I have one of those too and it’s a great place to start. I think you’ll really like it.

Toivarita

999 Forever
The Edge is great as is its company. I have one of those too and it’s a great place to start. I think you’ll really like it.
Is the Edge a shared platform along with the POTV One and another vape I’m forgetting?

Toivarita,

Mr. Me2

Is the Edge a shared platform along with the POTV One and another vape I’m forgetting?
Short answer is yes, but there are minor differences (and I forget them but they’re detailed in the Edge thread).

Mr. Me2,

cloud69

When you get a portable Induction heater, it is a battery powered solution and you will never need or want a torch. The constant customizability of everything in the Dynavap community also makes it a very popular choice because after a year you may get bored with the aesthetics or how it functions. Instead of buying a whole new vape, you just buy a part that looks intriguing to you and will satisfy your next need. For example, after getting bored with your standard 2020 M stem you can pay €$20-€$40 and get a glass BB stem from Dynavap.
That's a whole new world for me. Thanks for explaining all these things to me. In time, when I get a bit acclimatized with vapos and understand a bit more on how they work, I might get a Dynavap. <3

Top Bottom