• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Linx Vapor Ares Honey Straw

Justpassedu

Anyone see this yet ? I just happened to stumble upon it. I was looking at a similar device called the Dipstick Dab Pen. Also similar to the new Boundless Cf 710 coming out . They are basically like Nectar collectors but electronic. https://linxvapor.com/products/ares

There are a few videos on youtube , i guess it is coming out shortly . I am just going to pick anyone so you all can get an idea of what it is -

elykpeace

exVASted
Anyone see this yet ? I just happened to stumble upon it. I was looking at a similar device called the Dipstick Dab Pen. Also similar to the new Boundless Cf 710 coming out . They are basically like Nectar collectors but electronic. https://linxvapor.com/products/ares

There are a few videos on youtube , i guess it is coming out shortly . I am just going to pick anyone so you all can get an idea of what it is -
Looks like the cf710 just got cheaper and it hadn't been released yet... Looks VERY similiar

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Hello again FC Forum members,

My name is Eddie and I represent Linx Vapor, a Los Angeles based vaporizer company with a primary focus on designing and manufacturing innovative vaping products.

We recently launched a new patent-pending concentrate vaporizer, Linx Ares. The Ares falls into the relatively new category known as a Honey Straw and promises to deliver the biggest hits and the best taste. With its innovative ceramic rod atomizer, no load functionality, medical grade stainless steel construction and dual temperature settings, the Linx Ares takes a completely different direction in concentrate vaporizer innovation.

Wi5uOTL.jpg

Once again, it is time to say so long to coiled atomizers. The Linx Ares uses an innovative ceramic rod atomizer instead of a coiled rod atomizer. The ceramic rod atomizer is not only healthier and easier to clean than the coiled atomizers, it allows for the wax concentrate to retain its terpene-rich flavor without the distortion in taste that comes from a coiled rod atomizer. It's time for the industry to step its game up.

EkKmDjV.jpg

Loading a vaporizer with cannabis concentrate is an idea that has seen its time. The Linx Ares, on the hand, requires no loading. Simply dip the device into wax concentrate and inhale. Such design also translates into no reclaim, no waste and no dab tool.

Flavor chasing and monster hits? These two vaporizing characteristics are achieved with the two temperature settings on the Linx Ares. Choose the low temperature for pure and full taste or choose the high temperature for powerful hit. Ares is also the first device in the honey straw market with dual temperature settings.

As the awarding winning Linx Hypnos Zero, Linx Ares is constructed with medical grade stainless steel and utilizes a glass mouthpiece, making it one of the cleanest and healthiest vaporizers on the market. While the Linx Ares shares some of the innovative design characteristic as the Linx Hypnos Zero, make no mistake, these vaporizers couldn’t be more different. The Linx Hypnos Zero is for the Terpene connoisseur on the go whereas the Linx Ares is made for larger hits with maximum medicated relief.

LKn7U4Z.jpg

The Linx Ares comes complete with ceramic rod atomizer, magnetic caps, 750 mAH battery, signature glass mouthpiece, glass jar, USB charger and cleaning brush. Linx Vapor includes a free one-year limited warranty on every vaporizer product.

ljAOoJ0.jpg

AsyoqeP.jpg

Pre-orders for the Linx Gaia can be placed now with volume orders to follow in early December.

We will be offering 10% off to all FC Members, simply use the coupon code: LINXFC. Coupon expires on 12/31/16.

We here at Linx Vapor are very excited about the Ares. It is a fresh innovative look at a cleaner and more health conscientious cannabis industry. See for yourself, visit the site for more information.

http://linxvapor.com/products/ares

As each innovation is a painstaking effort, our team keeps pushing the envelope. Don’t breath plastics, breath innovation. Thanks and Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGlass

Hi Eddie and thanks for the infos !

Do you think that the firsts Ares will be shipped before the end of this year ?

Also do you ship in Europe ?

Thanks !

GoGlass,

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Hi GoGlass. The Ares should be available well before the end of the year. Should be in the next week or so. We will also have replacement atomizers available then as well.
Thanks

GoGlass

Thanks for your reply Eddie..... So do you think Ares wil be available in Europe ?

GoGlass,

Adobewan

@E. A. Ridgill
I'm near LA and, when they're available, I'd love to come pick one up and provide one of your first FC reviews.
Fingers crossed for a winner!

Adobewan,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Not sure if this launched or not, anyone have one? I'd love to read/see some user reviews.

StormyPinkness,

Justpassedu

I received my Lynx Ares during a snow storm this weekend, it was great and was already charged when it arrived. I have to say this device is f"en awesome so far. It has a magnetic lid and basically you put your material into the provided glass jar , click the Ares 5 times to turn on and than another 3 for heat setting 1 or 3 more times for a higher heat setting. Than you pop the top off to reveal the glass mouthpiece for inhaling , you hold the button and just place it in the glass jar and start inhaling. It is some of the tastiest hits i have ever gotten from concentrate , i found it even tastier than using my enail at the low temp setting. So far i highly recommend it and will do more testing this week and try to get a few more pictures up for everyone. Any questions at all , please ask .
CC75F630-DF3E-4936-9236-5F21138A1D17_zps7i7gyobp.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I received my Lynx Ares during a snow storm this weekend, it was great and was already charged when it arrived. I have to say this device is f"en awesome so far. It has a magnetic lid and basically you put your material into the provided glass jar , click the Ares 5 times to turn on and than another 3 for heat setting 1 or 3 more times for a higher heat setting. Than you pop the top off to reveal the glass mouthpiece for inhaling , you hold the button and just place it in the glass jar and start inhaling. It is some of the tastiest hits i have ever gotten from concentrate , i found it even tastier than using my enail at the low temp setting. So far i highly recommend it and will do more testing this week and try to get a few more pictures up for everyone. Any questions at all , please ask .
CC75F630-DF3E-4936-9236-5F21138A1D17_zps7i7gyobp.jpg
That's great to hear, I've been keeping an eye on the hot straw vapes and I really like this one. Ceramic and glass put this one above the others for me. I'd heard a lot of these have wispy vapor issues, sounds like this one performs really well. My other big concern was how dirty it gets and cleaning. There's a lot of potential for all that crap to get sticky and be a big pain in the ass. I need to check cleaning out more and look at pricing, definitely getting more interested. Hopefully some user videos start popping up.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: mixchu69

Justpassedu

That's great to hear, I've been keeping an eye on the hot straw vapes and I really like this one. Ceramic and glass put this one above the others for me. I'd heard a lot of these have wispy vapor issues, sounds like this one performs really well. My other big concern was how dirty it gets and cleaning. There's a lot of potential for all that crap to get sticky and be a big pain in the ass. I need to check cleaning out more and look at pricing, definitely getting more interested. Hopefully some user videos start popping up.
Well so far i cannot really comment on cleaning , taste is great though. if you put to much concentrate you will get some that will melt around the airpath and go to waste , as i had to wipe off a bit but if your careful it can be avoided easily. It will prob take me awhile to get to the cleaning point , I'm about 15-20 hits in so far and it is still spotless. I am pretty sure it all comes apart easy for cleaning and they include a brush with it as well. I have been wiping the outside of the heating element with a napkin after every use to avoid any build up.

slozukimc

I want one! Just spent all of my Toy money on a new Nibbler XL.
@THC SCIENTIFIC the rod looks like the Herc rod. I am picturing a glass piece/Nibbler to use the Hammer in a similar way........

slozukimc,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
I just ordered one of these and can't wait to try it. How is yours working for you? Any tips or advice? Thanks!

slozukimc

Any more opinions on this? I just picked up a used one on Reddit so I guess I will find out when it gets here.

slozukimc,

slozukimc

Got it today. On charge now. Odd build that looks like it will require frequent and thorough cleaning. The vapor path looks clean but covers a huge surface area inside the battery sleeve. Perfect to go in a tool box and not look out of place.

slozukimc,

slozukimc

So. First impressions....certainly not a daily use tool unless your dosage is low. Takes a long time to charge and battery is pretty small. Haven't run it dead yet. Will keep trying but I can't keep count of cycles. Lol

Taste is great. Amazing actually. I was thinking of adding a bubbler but it is smooth and cool enough as it is. Vapor quantity is more than enough for a pen. Tastes like a pretty much new atty every time.
Build is interesting. I haven't used it enough to clean it yet but that looks like an easy yet tedious task.
The charging setup is pretty hair brained to be honest. A micro USB could go near the button and not interrupt the air path. You have to remove and clean the hottest and messiest part of the Ares to charge it. Silly. Build quality seems quite nice. Threads are smooth, fit and finish are very nice. The magnetic caps are great! They even stick to each other when off from the Ares to keep them clean and less likely to lose. I could go for a bit fatter and shorter design as it would be much more pocket friendly.
Overall I like it so far. It's new so it's going to need refinement. Hopefully Linx listens to posts like this and improves on the next model.

Here ya go Linx...if you're listening......make the cap into a glass lined vial big enough to dab out of and a micro USB port to charge so no need to carry a special charger. Easier to keep clean and charge, and no separate container to carry and you will have the perfect portable.
Then send me one to try out and it will be even more perfect. Lol

wendydauphine

I bought this product and it quit working after two days. I sent it back asking for a refund, and they refused and sent it back to me saying that their "head engineer" cleaned it and was able to get it working. When I got it back I used it twice and it stopped working again. Apparently, resin quickly collects in places that will short the battery out. I love the idea of the Honey Straw, but the design is flawed, and the resin build up keeps shorting out the unit. No matter how much I clean it, I can't get it to start working again.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
I bought this product and it quit working after two days. I sent it back asking for a refund, and they refused and sent it back to me saying that their "head engineer" cleaned it and was able to get it working. When I got it back I used it twice and it stopped working again. Apparently, resin quickly collects in places that will short the battery out. I love the idea of the Honey Straw, but the design is flawed, and the resin build up keeps shorting out the unit. No matter how much I clean it, I can't get it to start working again.

Hi Wendy, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Linx Ares unit. I would like to see if I can give you a link to a video that explains a little better on how to use the device.
Please note that we do not recommend that you use it on a silicone surface.
Please let me know if this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call, we can try to walk you through the process. Hope we can get you up and running.
Thanks

E. A. Ridgill,

wendydauphine

Hi Wendy, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Linx Ares unit. I would like to see if I can give you a link to a video that explains a little better on how to use the device.
Please note that we do not recommend that you use it on a silicone surface.
Please let me know if this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call, we can try to walk you through the process. Hope we can get you up and running.
Thanks

I’m confused. You post a tutorial video showing a silicon surface being used, but say in the comments that you don’t recommend using a silicon surface.
Regardless, this was not my issue with the unit. My issue is that it stopped working after two or three sessions because the poor design allows the unit to get clogged, which somehow shorts out the battery, and no matter how much I clean it, it still intermittently craps out. The straw is a good idea, but the design is flawed, and it never really gave a solid hit anyway. In your next version, you should have a higher temperature range, so users can get a big hit if they want to, and the resin that collects in the chamber should not short the battery out.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
I’m confused. You post a tutorial video showing a silicon surface being used, but say in the comments that you don’t recommend using a silicon surface.
Regardless, this was not my issue with the unit. My issue is that it stopped working after two or three sessions because the poor design allows the unit to get clogged, which somehow shorts out the battery, and no matter how much I clean it, it still intermittently craps out. The straw is a good idea, but the design is flawed, and it never really gave a solid hit anyway. In your next version, you should have a higher temperature range, so users can get a big hit if they want to, and the resin that collects in the chamber should not short the battery out.

Hi Wendy, thanks for the clarification. I will pass this convo along to our engineers and make sure they address this issue. Thanks so much for your input, it is much appreciated.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Just wanted to share that using my Ares vaping directly out of the delta 3d studios Scoop-N-Poke Vape Tool is one of the best experiences I'm having with vaping. The tool has a bucket so when vaping the runny concentrate has no where to go. Low temp and slow draw generate good clouds to go along with the great flavor of the ares.

notoriousLrg,
Top Bottom