Lets start a tinychat? or chatroom?

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Who wants to start a tinychat or chatroom? would be a lot different pace than a forum for discussing other things...anyone?

Xchadb,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Who wants to start a tinychat or chatroom? would be a lot different pace than a forum for discussing other things...anyone?

There will still be the IRC chat room. vtac just hasn't linked it here yet.

momofthegoons,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There will still be the IRC chat room. vtac just hasn't linked it here yet.

The IRC channel never went away. In fact it got awfully busy in there during the switchover. Xchadb (or someone using his screen name) showed up for about three minutes.

The video chat idea comes up periodically in the #fuckcombustion channel, and at least once it actually resulted in a tinychat room. It fizzled fairly quickly.

pakalolo,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah there was a link i clicked it during the switchover, i was on my tablet and the room didnt even display properly and since then the link isnt there

Xchadb,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Anyone who wants to participate in the #fuckcombustion channel can join with this link:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/chat/

Once vtac recovers from the all-nighter he pulled converting the forum, I'm sure he'll add the link in a prominent place. I still see people joining all the time using one of the web widgets, so some of them must have retained the link somewhere.

I strongly recommend that anyone who wants to participate in #fuckcombustion should ignore the web widgets and get a decent IRC client. Mirc seems to be the popular choice for Windows, and my Mac friends tend to lean towards Ircle. I prefer Irssi on a Unix shell, but that's probably too geeky for most. (There is a Windows version of Irssi if you're so inclined.) If you're an Opera user like me, you can use Opera's built-in client, which is quite nice in my opinion. Firefox users can get Chatzilla, which is a nice IRC plugin. All of these are much better than the web widgets, which tend to be unreliable.

Edited for lazy left pinky typo...

djonkoman

it's been a while since I last used irc, I have had mirc at one time but even longer ago, mibbit always worked fine for me. have used chatzila too but I rarely use forefox anymore
the videochat on tinychat is nice, but after a while on it it always makes my laptop really hot, and it starts lagging. and last time I've used it all the colors were messed up every time

djonkoman,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Here's the link which is suitable to launch an IRC session under ChatZilla:

Code:
irc://irc.rizon.net/fuckcombustion

I verified that it works a few minutes ago but i much prefer to use a dedicated application such as Pidgin, for example.

:peace:

P.S.: Sorry but links via protocols other than HTTP don't seem to be supported on the new system.

Egzoset,

zossdole

Another good choice for Windows if mIRC isn't your thing is X-Chat 2. I like it because it's multi-platform so I can use it whether I'm running Linux, OS X, or Windows.

zossdole,
Top Bottom