Legality of Vaporizers

nedvaper

I just saw an article about a huge number of bongs being seized by 50.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/11/christmas-bongs.html

According to the article, "it is illegal to import, export or sell drug paraphernalia in the United States."

If bongs are illegal, how can vaporizers be allowed? Is it that, in theory, they could be used for something other than consuming weed? Let's say you're stopped by 50 and they find a vaporizer in your car. Can they take it? If you bought it legally, why can't you keep it?

And how come you can walk into about 4 stores within 200 meters of each other in NYC and buy a bong?

Any info on this?

nedvaper,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think it all comes down too terminology. Use the right terms and it is Legal. Use the wrong words... then it becomes illegal.
All "Waterpipes" and the likes are sold for use with "Tobacco" therefor legal. its once you but the herb into it that it becomes illegal. One thing you will see is the sale of "Aromatherapy Devices" instead of outright calling it a Vaporizer. Why? Nothing illegal about Aromatherapy.
so in both cases it is illegal if you are selling the items, bongs or vapes, specifically too consume illegal stuff. However if you sell it for something perfectly legal, such as smoking tobacco or making your house smell nice, It is legal.

DevoTheStrange,

FEAR420

nedvaper said:
I just saw an article about a huge number of bongs being seized by 50.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/11/christmas-bongs.html

According to the article, "it is illegal to import, export or sell drug paraphernalia in the United States."

If bongs are illegal, how can vaporizers be allowed? Is it that, in theory, they could be used for something other than consuming weed? Let's say you're stopped by 50 and they find a vaporizer in your car. Can they take it? If you bought it legally, why can't you keep it?

And how come you can walk into about 4 stores within 200 meters of each other in NYC and buy a bong?

Any info on this?
I live in NYC and I can tell you right now,if you walk into ANY headshop and ask to see a "Bong" they're gonna either tell you to get out of their store or hand you a "Water-Pipe". As Devo said,it all comes down to the terminology. Giulianni really screwed us NY'ers over good on all of this. I remember the good old days when I was a teenager...:p :lol:...I could walk into ANY headshop and ask to see the bongs and the guy would literally slide open a WALL to show you all he had.Nowadays,you even mention the word "Bong" and they want you outta their store cuz they think you're a cop...

FEAR420,

Keyser Soze

Kevin
Retailer
It also has a lot to do with how the products are labeled. Those piece's were shipped as "christmas ornaments" ,obviously not x-mas ornamnets.....now it is left to the authorities to decide what the product actually is, and how it should be labeled.

The government is cracking down HEAVILY on a wide array of goods being shipped in from china, and thigns are getting tougher and tougher on import goods from that country.

I.M.O, this is a good thing for all of us, as individauls, consumers, business owners, Americans.

On a consumer level this will slow down the mass enflux, of "knock off" products, and poorly produced mass quanity items. I know of one vaporizer on the market, that is actually shipped with a type of "packing grease" around the heat element. There are no instructions with the unit, that advise the user should turn the unit on...and allow the unit to heat up, to burn off this grease, so that one does not inhale the fumes. Chinese made.

Keyser Soze,

djdna

i have a question which i think fits this thread but is unrelated to the OP

whats the situation with law and using a vaporiser in a no smoking area? it must be legal surely as you arent polluting other peoples air or smoking anything, right? although i assume its down to the owner to decide if they want you doing it or not...

any info on this would be greatly appreciated, ohh and im in the uk

djdna,

YoungethKinsaul

Most headshops I've been to has a sign that says if you say bong or talk about reefer you'll be asked to leave

YoungethKinsaul,

max

Out to lunch
Another reason vaporizers get a pass-many herbs can be vaporized. There isn't much of a selection for smoking, so unless a smoking device is advertised for tobacco use, it's assumed that it's for illegal use.

whats the situation with law and using a vaporiser in a no smoking area? it must be legal surely as you arent polluting other peoples air or smoking anything, right? although i assume its down to the owner to decide if they want you doing it or not...
If you're vaping cannabis in any location where you'd get in trouble/busted for smoking it, you can expect the same treatment for vaping it. You don't really expect a cop to say, 'oh, it's OK to do that as long as you're not smoking it', do you?

This is much more of a questionable area with e-cigs. Many people have openly vaped e-cigs in 'no smoking' areas and gotten away with it. But you can expect some smokers to protest that if they can't smoke, others can't vape. And some non-smokers will say that they are offended by the odor and/or vapor, even though in reality those claims are BS. My wife uses the e-cig and will openly vape in some 'no smoking' locations (usually outside of buildings) but not in others (inside). She will vape inside buildings but does so in a stealthy manner.

max,

FEAR420

Hey sorry to venture O/T for a sec,but Id like to ask Max a quick ?? Maybe you can respond in an email or something...w/e works....

Im trying to make the switch to full vapor myself. Ive been using the Nicotrol inhaler and it works OK. Has your wife tried anything like this yet? And what does she prefer as far as vaping nicotine/tobacco? The E-cig or any others?

FEAR420,
Top Bottom