Leaving Vapor Tube in Log Vape

Brother Brigham

King, Priest and Ruler over Israel on Earth
I have started leaving the vapor tube in my log vape for extended periods of time, as I have been more and more distracted over these past few weeks. Sometimes it's 30min between smaller sized hits, sometimes longer. I started trying to lengthen my sessions to have a longer effect, this seems to be working fine.

Am I loosing anything?

Good/Bad/Meh?

Brother Brigham,

Nycdeisel

Its fine. I remember reading that Tom from PD has let a vapor tube sit for like 24 hours in the hot unit without any adverse affects.

Nycdeisel,

lwien

The problem with leaving a full stem in the PD is that it is constantly being cooked between hits. It's one of the things that turned me off to the Iolite and why I prefer non-hands free whip vapes.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Lwien is right, I wouldnt like to let my herb continue cookin between hits.

You said it only happens to you since you forget about it, so I dont think one would benefit from doing it on purpose...

Nycdeisel,

caseball2051

wouldnt doing this make subsequent hits less effective as well?

I thought I remembered reading that after having the armoatherapy cap on the log vapes that you should wait for 5-10 mins to use it with herb.

am i crazy or did i read that?

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've read that too. The aroma diffuser cap acts as a heat sink. IMO you don't have to wait that long though.

momofthegoons,

Brother Brigham

King, Priest and Ruler over Israel on Earth
It does cook the herb to a very, very dark brown (as you would think). Seems like if I have about half of a stem left, and it has been sitting there for a bit, you get one last bigger hit and then POOF all black looking down the vapor hole...all gone.

I am thinking that the loss is negligible, however, there are other two other drawbacks for me: more smell, and dirtier stems. That there is a more MJ smell, and a big last hoorah hit, makes me worry about possible combustion (I realize combustion temp is higher than the max PD temp...but...).

Brother Brigham,
Top Bottom