• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Kief to shatter/dabs

ginolicious

Hey guys,

I just wasted so much kief. I tried so many methods to press my kief into shatter or dabs with a flat iron for hair, with an actual iron for clothes, stirring it on low heat with a pan on parchment paper. No success. I am so upset as to how much I fucking wasted.

Can anyone recommend an easy way to get some shatter. All the youtube videos and things I read have not been successful for me. I never use my kief. I would like to do something with it preferably dabs for the portable vaporizer im buying.

Can someone please point me in a right direction. Do not want to buy any crazy devices, just things i can purchased for cheap and easy to follow methods would be great.;

ginolicious,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have found a great method is to dissolve the kief in pure acetone or 99.9% Iso & filter through a coffee filter into a pyrex pan & evaporate as per QWISO. Of course YMMV & there are infinitely more knowledgeable & experienced folks round these parts.

Personal experience with this has been with both my own kief & a lazy friend always gives me her kief that is a mixture of tobacco & kief. I wasted an awful lot of that over the last couple of years figuring it out.

Every time it ends up like a hard light brown toffee that can be snapped into pieces & used accordingly.

Stevenski,

Tommy10

Mmmmm! Well well, here I have been collecting kief off friends who use weed wizzers with bud only (I feel bad getting a big scoops of "dusties" which I know is thc town... But learn to vaporize and I won't exploit your ignorance) left the baccy mixed ones alone. For those of you more cultured, Aussies have a fascination with turning weed into the consistency of sand with a coffee grinder, things usually get a good three or more table spoons full of kief before anyone decides to do anything horrifying with (usually throw it out, or sprinkle it on a cone when running low). Nobody really seems to understand how good this kief is, and it's sad to see 3grams of kief mixed with tabacco... Tried vaping it once thinking it might be pleasant, it wasn't!
How does one wash it out? And can you "wash" the kief, or is it easier if the final product ends up some sort of shatter?

Tommy10,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I had a documented process with photos all the way but I did a hard reset on my phone so lost them :(. That run I used 3.74g of the "bad dust" & mixed it with 100ml or so of pure acetone & dumped it into a coffee filter inside a mason jar. Dumped the liquid gold in a pyrex dish & was left with .7 of the most potent shit I have ever had.

Simple, effective & lays cunts out.

Stevenski,

Tommy10

Mmmm, might start collecting! I think Americans would be mortified at 90% of course cannabis culture, but the amount of kief collected by coffee grinders is insane, and the amount of that kief ruined by baccy or thrown in the bin would make many here cry.

ginolicious

Last night I stayed up all night. Quite tired. Think I figured it out but I do have some concerns/questions from all the videos I have seen.

A lot of people do not use kief alone. I am using cheese cloths to filter oppose to coffee filter. Mesh are much smaller.

If I only put 2g of kief into the mason jar with 99% ISO that is not a lot of ISO that will be used. When I pour it in into the Pyrex dish I will have very minimal liquid oppose to what I have seen on YouTube where people are using shit ton of buds. Is it still okay that I use minimal ISO because my original product won't be as much as what other people use?

Lastly the purge/ Evap method. I DO NOT want to fucking blow up the house I just bought. I plan to Evap for a few hours naturally. Then I'm thinking about boiling a pot of water on simmer placing the Pyrex dish in that with the exhaust fan going to Evap the rest. How will I know when to stop evaporating and to then scrape my shit?

ginolicious,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Have a look on here for skunk pharms simplyfied qwiso method. I believe @herbivore21 posted the thread.

To evap just have a regular fan blow on it and it will evap quick enuf make sure you do this in a SAFE place . When there is no iso left then you can purge or do whatever tech u want.

VapourHaze,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
how do you purge after evaporating the ISO?

And will it still taste like crap as does cooking with ABV bio-matter?

1DMF,

ginolicious

@VapourHaze I did read that post late last night. Confused the hell out of me sadly.

Isn't the whole point of purging to evaporate?

How do you know when the purging is complete?

If I Evap this stuff in the garage with the door open or in a room with a fan blowing on it and another fan circulating air with a window open my shit ain't going to blow up is it?

ginolicious,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Should be fine to evaporate in a room with plenty of ventilation and with cold fans blowing on it.

When all visible iso is evaped ( u may have a little white milky liquid at the end this is just water i believe) then you can place in a double boiler and do some low temp purging just to be sure you have purged all the iso. Don't go high temps or you will lose terps. I have used a warm fan heater with similar results.

Qwiso is pretty easy once you try. Just do a small run first to practice if your worried

You know when purge is complete as no smell or taste left of iso to finish.

VapourHaze,

ginolicious

@VapourHaze thank you so much. I wasted so much kief recently don't want to do it again.

I'm assuming that I can just sniff my shatter and if I don't smell the ISO when double boiling I'm finished eh?

My first run is gonna be a small yield. Probably only use 2g of kief to start. Not much ISO either for that which I don't have much left of as well

ginolicious,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
How dangerous is vaping ISO if not fully purged?
Honestly there's little to worry about unless you have a super bad purge job and the qwiso is runny like water.

Isopropyl Alcohol is less toxic than methanol and the toxic dose for an adult is 15g. Half life in the body is only 2-6 hours. Unless you vape a cap full of pure iso I can't see there being much safety concern. The most dangerous thing is the flammability not the toxicity.

@VapourHaze thank you so much. I wasted so much kief recently don't want to do it again.

I'm assuming that I can just sniff my shatter and if I don't smell the ISO when double boiling I'm finished eh?

My first run is gonna be a small yield. Probably only use 2g of kief to start. Not much ISO either for that which I don't have much left of as well

When double boiling to remove the last remenants of ISO, keep going until the bubbles stop or you don't smell alcohol from the qwiso.

Last edited:
Winegums,
Reactions: 1DMF

ginolicious

Been a while since I posted on here. I think I'm going to take the plunge today so long as I can find a jar to put my kief and ISO in. Using a cheese cloth strain the crap out off once I transfer the contents. Probably just Evap it and may purged after. Going to do it in my garage. Hopefully I have pics and don't waste my shit.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom