Keck Clips

Seantagon

I only heard of one style just different size configurations depending on joint sizes. I use plastic ones maybe there is diffrent materials? Once you get the grip down it won't feel that bad. And it gets a little easier once you break in the clips.

GratefulDread

I only heard of one style just different size configurations depending on joint sizes. I use plastic ones maybe there is diffrent materials? Once you get the grip down it won't feel that bad. And it gets a little easier once you break in the clips.
Thanks. These are the styles I'm familiar with:
f0aef6f6-c167-4aa8-bbc4-00e854d24e05.jpg
cd6eeb2b-e671-46fe-88f3-f56d7bb7e3e1.jpg

rBVaVlydlCqAP0sOAAF-R7NU2N4619.jpg

Wondering if the flat metal ones are the most secure.

Hippie

I use the flat metal ones the most

As I find the plastic ones a bit stiff (and worry about melting them) and the metal wire ones were too expensive when I last looked
I think the most secure are the plastic ones, 2nd flat metal and the wire ones in 3rd

Cheesgr8r

2 questions.
If you use keck clips, which style do you prefer?
Have you ever broken a joint while putting on a keck clip? It feels like I'm going to every time I do...
I've only used plastic clips in the past but i've felt similarly about putting them on afraid of breaking a joint because they can be pretty tight at times. I stopped using them because i broke my dropdowns and passthroughs but when im going to get more clips i will go for the metal variant just because of the heat. Not that im particularly concerned of inhaling toxic offgassing chemicals since its outside of the joint but metal on glass makes more sense to me. I think they serve their purpouse.

*EDIT: i DIDNT break my glass WITH the keckclips, i broke them by dropping them or giving them a wash. The plastic klips ive used worked well and made connections feel more safe. I am still considering metal keckclips just because i dont like plastics in general allthough they are inescapeable.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I now use the flat metal klips. They are easier to snap on, and they don't fly across the room, and I prefer the look. Keeping the plastic ones, because I have them, but have been replacing them with metal. Keck clips are one of those things I hate to spend on, but the small upgrade makes such a difference that I'm convinced.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I use both the wire & plastic ones; have never tried the flat ones. For glass pieces that are permanently (or pretty much permanently) coupled together, I use the plastic. For the pieces I de-couple, I use the ss wire as it slides easily/smoothly over glass. Happy with both materials.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like the colourful plastic jobs but have wanted to try the metal variants due to me thinking they would last longer, and hold joints more securely as the plastic jobs get loose and crack up after heavy use.
But thanks to @Hippie I don't have to bother spending money/time to find out!

Top Bottom