Just Got Some Life-Changing Info

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Most who know me on FC, know that I'm a retired FDNY captain, who survived 9-11, but not without a shit load of anxiety (14 years later) that I battle daily (thank God for cannabliss).

I see doctors, therapists, on low doses of meds - sometimes none of it helps. Money is tight, a post retirement business failed, almost had to file bankruptcy. Wife is kinda spent with it all, yaddy, yaddy, yadda...

So, today I called my union to ask about a rumor a so-called "thyroid" clause in our contract (turns out not true, just a rumor), but PTSD is almost an automatic upgrade (even though I retired 10 years ago). I'm all sorts of documented and there is a decent chance my pension will be upgraded to a disability pension (3/4 tax free vs 1/2 taxed). They will also owe me 10 years of tax-free retroactive money - I can't even do the math.

Don't wanna get to certain on this, as I'm sure there are many hoops I'll need to jump through, but odds are in my favor. This is a life changer, and I thought I didn't have any of those left.

Sharing here first (that's kinda sad :ugh:), but glad to have a place to shout it off the rooftops!

I'm a bit scared though, if this does happen, I may break the VAS world record. What's the value of your collection now? Mine's about$1300 to $1500 or so, including EVERYTHING except herb (Mighty takes up about a third of that).

If this happens, did anyone say Colorado? :rockon:

***and the wife still found a reason to bitch, hence the PTSD won't leave. Times they will be a' changin'

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
got the official application in the mail today. I'm hearing nothing but good things from my connections on the job... There is a true possibility this will happen. Of course anything with NYC takes forever, but I don't really care, I'm in no rush.

My buddy in NorCal (and cannabis farmer activist) is advising to relocate there. Any opinions?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Best of luck with that great news. I hope this works out in your favor. You will have to go visit some of the legal cannabis states with your new found wealth.;):leaf:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Best of luck with that great news. I hope this works out in your favor. You will have to go visit some of the legal cannabis states with your new found wealth.;):leaf:
Far from settled. Everybody's got an opinion. The FDNY will make me jump through hoops and it may take years, but being recognized for happened is actually just as important. I realize so much of my life since then has been tainted by the PTSD. I was quite the successful guy until 2001, youngest captain on the job of 12,000, published author selling 80k books. Since then I've been involved in a few business ventures, all went south and put a big hurting on us.

This will get me back to EVEN (my favorite place to be)...

Yeah, NorCal is where my buddy lives (cannabis farmer / activist http://www.theganjier.com), and might be where I'm headed. There is some type of convention there in September, and Kevin invited me to attend. I got this letter from the woman who runs his website after reaching out to them on becoming a spokesperson.
----------------------------------------------
Good morning, Michael. Thank you for reaching out. Kevin had mentioned you would get in touch.

We would love to have you share your experiences through TheGanjier.com. Most of our audience is cannabis farmers and entrepreneurs, and I know select politicians and regulators also read our site. The sweet spot for article length is 500-700 words, but that's not a hard and fast rule. If you'd like help narrowing down a particular topic, let me know. As editor, part of my job is helping contributors get their message across effectively.

Our next event is the 2nd annual Golden Tarp Award on Saturday, Sept. 12 in Redway, CA (Humboldt). It's a light dep cannabis competition and we also host a day of classes, speakers and panels with an award ceremony in the evening. If you're interested in attending, let me know and I can add you to the guest list.

And I also wanted to say: Thank you for your service, at 9-11 and beyond. It sounds like it took a serious toll on your health. I find it embarrassing how our federal government has, on the whole, chosen to not take care of our emergency personnel and the negative health consequences that resulted from responding to 9-11. You and the others who aided NYC during that time deserve better than that.
---------------------------------------------------------

Top Bottom