**what temp do you use?
**Tips and Tricks
**Just got my new.... etc etc

:2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:

spyder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Personally I like the way it's set up at the moment; having so many sub forums kind of splinters things up too much imho. One could always make a thread in "General Vaporization Discussion" titled "Silver Surfer - What temp do you use?".

The Extreme "megathreads" seem to have worked fairly well. True, it's a lot to sift through... there's something else in the works that will help out in that respect. ;)

P.S. Moving this to the Lounge.

vtac,

spyder

vtac said:
Personally I like the way it's set up at the moment; having so many sub forums kind of splinters things up too much imho. One could always make a thread in "General Vaporization Discussion" titled "Silver Surfer - What temp do you use?".

The Extreme "megathreads" seem to have worked fairly well. True, it's a lot to sift through... there's something else in the works that will help out in that respect. ;)

P.S. Moving this to the Lounge.
How can you like it???? ... if it gets too cluttered or to hard to find stuff ...folks will go else where

It like a map with only the main streets on it... functional but not practical

in the meantime we have other post being created to bypass a "megathread of info"

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2594#p2594

There needs to be subforums...

why is there 3 subforums now..if you prefer and like the mega---cluttered threads

:2c:

spyder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Are things that cluttered? It's true-- Some threads are in the wrong forum, Lots of off topic posts here and there.

I kind of like the idea of model specific subforums. But I don't like the idea of 100s of subforums and there are more than 100 models.

Anyone else have an opinion? :ninja:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
As the forum gets more active sub forums will be needed. You could have a portables section with the different portable threads in it etc. As long as you dont have extra forums for forums sake then its ok. Time will tell (as the forum continues to grow ) what modifications will be required.

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't have a problem with clutter or finding things as they are now. Maybe if it gets too big it will be a problem, but it's not a problem for me right now.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
maybe i'm so familiar to this forum that i find it full of infos but still quite clear!

The net is full of forum with megathread...and this is not a "read and go" forum.....as the motto says "pack a bowl" vaporize, relax and take your time!

marcuss,

spyder

a little perpective

WE have a almost 30 pages under one topic... 20% of the post in this WHOLE forum are under one topic

WE have a topic that has more posts than 2 out of the 3 sub forums

and of that other Sub Forum it make up 46% of the posts in that one..

It's time to expand ... a little

spyder,

Purple-Days

I like the three categories. They make sense to me. :2c:

And if radium is the default display, it's wonderful. So mellow amd easy to read.

Thanks,
Tom

Purple-Days,

spyder

will still have 3 categories...so that will still make sense to you

How will adding a sub forum called Extreme Vaporizer or Silver Surfer under Vaporizer discussion make in any less mellow or harder to read?

spyder,

Purple-Days

The comment on easy-read was about dark background and grey text. I like the choice

Not here to impede progress, just liked the look.

So maybe the first category might be Vape specific with sub categories? Do you organize by alphabet? or recent post or most posts? Just feeling it out... not sure ... I'm a 'simple is better' kinda guy.

Sounds like work, for some one. Who knows ?

Off topic posts can lead to other interesting threads.

Congrats on 100 members, we are a family of explorers.

Purple-Days,

spyder

Since there is push back on organzation... let's just do away with all sub forums and topics and create just one and we will all post within that one... :disgust:

spyder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Someone needs a vapor hit. :p

From reading this thread, it seems (to me) that the general opinion is that we don't need model subforums at this time.

What we could and probably should do is make it more clear what type of topics go in which forum. I'm pretty sure I've posted some in 'the vapor lounge' that should be in 'general vaporization discussion'.

The search function seems to work fairly well at finding specific stuff. Make sure to play with the search options.

We have a wiki in the works, I think that could be great at listing specific model information, no need to search through threads. It's pretty ugly at this point, but I suppose the whole point of a wiki is to harness the power of many, so, here it is if you want to check it out.

I'll get around to merging everything into one topic sometime tomorrow. :p

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The wiki looks way cool vtac. You are a true vapor evangilist! Bringing it to the People - hallelujah

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

Arffff! I'm about to bust :lol:

Saw the Suer-Vapezilla pic...:lol:

Wow. What a lot of work to get this far. Salute !

Seriously though. The layout on the SSV look great. Important info, general description, followed by informed opinion.

I really think it will be an important and valuable resource for everybody.

ps. flame power, conduction and convection sub categories? not sure it's needed...

Purple-Days,

spyder

Why re-invent the wheel??? So instead of creating sub forums.. your gonna create whole new forum??

Ya allot of work to get this far... not needed... just create sub forums and everyone else will do the work of filling in the info

It's not a research paper ..it's a forum... a user generated / populated forum

spyder,

max

Out to lunch
A wiki is not a forum. It has the potential to be informative and fun. Sorry you don't like the idea. Can't please everyone. You certainly don't have to contribute or even look at it.

max,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Several month's ago i didn't even have a PC let alone a ISP, so i'm a newbie big time, but i'm enjoying this forum(kind of feel's like an interactive live WW Diary) I'm Not unhappy with the layout, although iv'e jumped the gun here and there:lol: but i'd put that down to being really stoned all the time :D

I like diversity of subject matter, & Information, It seem's wev'e got that here in spades,

Cannabudz,

marvel

Hey I'm just the new guy here and I'm high as shhhhhhhiiit right now so take what I say with a big grain of herb... but I don't think this forum has enough members & activity to add more sections. Honestly, sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I feel like an honored guest here you folks are so cool to me. But I've run forums and I've been on a lot of forums of all shapes and sizes, and this one, my friends, is still a very small, budding community (budding.... Mmmmm.....). You know here's the thing, on a given forum folks usually see only a couple days worth of posts on a section index page. But hell, on your gen vape discussion section you have posts dating back a month on a single index page!

What I'm saying is the site doesn't get enough posts to support more sections. People tend to "hang out" in only one section... so they only see new posts in that section. Most users don't scan every section for new posts on a regular basis... so the more you spread the posts out, the fewer eyeballs you have looking at them, thus fewer people engage and respond with one another.

Now certainly you can have a forum that is TOO busy and you NEED to split topic sections up further, but this place is nowhere near that. And again I do not mean to be rude - I actually mean this as a compliment. I like it here, there's a sense of community and friendship in the air (or is that the vapor?).

So, take that for what it's worth, shit I'm going to have to pay all of you for having read this garbage, aren't I?! :lol:

and hey if you split them up, that's cool, too. I could be all high here and it could make the site even more active.

marvel,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Whoahh! You just said exactly what I was trying to say earlier, I mustn't have vaped as much as you. :D It all makes sense now. :lol:

Yeah, even with the recent influx of activity, I'm still not convinced adding more forums is warranted.

:2c:

vtac,

4twenty

I just use the search if I am looking for a specific thing. Otherwise, the long threads are fine. Turn on subscriptions to the threads you like, and then you will get a link in your e-mail that takes you right you where you need to be!

4twenty,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
4twenty said:
I just use the search if I am looking for a specific thing. Otherwise, the long threads are fine. Turn on subscriptions to the threads you like, and then you will get a link in your e-mail that takes you right you where you need to be!
:tup:

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom