• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Jars for cannabis?

RobbIt

Do you recommend any jars for storing your cannabis? (Walmart glass silicone sealed) or something fancy from amazon?

Obviously you would toss in a boded pack
I like 420 Science storage jars. There are many other good ones. Dark, opague glass is best, with a an airtight screw top. And yes, Boveda 58 or 62 % is a must.

RobbIt,
Reactions: arb

condition

I have couple of Jyarz, nice to see other favorites, but an empty glass jar of peanut butter serves the same provided the cap has some rubber where it touches the glass for airtightness.

I use Infinity Jars, they come in a huge amount of sizes. They are ultravoilet glass so they keep the UV rays out and in direct comparisons i notice a difference in the quality of my buds every time i do a test. Highly recommend!!

DennisFlonasal,
Reactions: RobbIt
I have been using the traditional mason jars for years. Nothing beats them. Don't need anything fancy or brand name other than Mason. LOL...
with that line of thought none of us should be on this forum. I think making a recommendation in a thread for that purpose is ok

DennisFlonasal,
Reactions: RobbIt

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I use the plastic tubs I buy sodium percarbonate in, once they are empty of course, they have a nice screw thread top, seem to prevent light and odour.

For smaller quantities, I use the little 'squeeze sides' plastic tubs my erm, supplier supplies it in!

A suggestion I haven't tried myself is those lexan / nalgene / polycarbonate wide mouth bottles that found popularity amongst outdoor people :science:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Mason jars can also be vacuum sealed, I have used a few types over the years but have settled on Wide Mouth Mason Jars...2ltr(1/2 gallon) for me kept in a cool dark spot!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Mason jars can also be vacuum sealed, I have used a few types over the years but have settled on Wide Mouth Mason Jars...2ltr(1/2 gallon) for me kept in a cool dark spot!

I bought a number of those lids that had the vacuum fitting for the included hand pump. They are great and still maintain a tight seal even after constant use. Unfortunately the company that made the lids, called ThriftyVac, seem to have gone out of business.

For long term storage I use those mason lids in the cool dark basement, along with a 62 Bov.

Texus

I bought a number of those lids that had the vacuum fitting for the included hand pump. They are great and still maintain a tight seal even after constant use. Unfortunately the company that made the lids, called ThriftyVac, seem to have gone out of business.

For long term storage I use those mason lids in the cool dark basement, along with a 62 Bov.
Check out the fermentation world which I think has Mason lids with pumps

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I find flavor degrades after time and I just don't like old pot.
I don't like old pot that has not been cared for either.
My own pot Vac sealed in a Mason jar with Boveda and Oxy absorbent satchels kept my 2-year-old gear that well friends think it must have only just been cured and cannot believe how good it is when I tell them how old it is (although I suppose if you see what most around here have to put up with, mine looks like top shelf). :haw:

Top Bottom