J-VOC Oil Collector for Extreme Q

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Just released in March 2016 J-VOC or Judsyn Vapor Oil Collector is a accessory for the Extreme Q Vaporizer. It is the first product in new line of accessory's to be released by the company "Leland Judsyn" and this one already offers some very nice new features.

1001028_1579203622395013_4380846216805446380_n.jpg

New Whip Hybrid - J-VOC uses a glass collection chamber and the plenty stainless steel cooling coil for added vapor smoothness, flavor and function.

Bowl adapters - Based on the elbow bowl design . Each glass part of the this limited edition line J-VOC is hand made in Canada.

Vapor Oil Collection Chamber - Not to be confused with a water chamber ! This glass chamber on the J-VOC is custom designed to collect the Vapor Oil build up from every day vaping. After many months the collection chamber will fill then you can heat it up with the fan then slide off the cooling coil and pour out a full jar of your very own vapor oil.

Vapor Oil Filter - After a full jar worth of Vapor Oil has collected in the J-VOC it can be used as a filter. Turning the Extreme Q fan onto setting 3 will make the oil more like a liquid state and become a high grade liquid filtration method. Instead of vapors being lost in the medium they are rather stored for later.

A video commercial has been shot and a teaser clip could be released on April 20th of this year :)

Make sure to follow J-VOC on Facebook and website for more photo's , video and the latest accessory information.

http://jvoc.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/J-VOC-1579202262395149/

If you have any J-VOC related questions or comments please do not hesitate.

Thanks , Leland Judsyn

BadDog No

Pretty sweet looking concept. My first impression though, and I doubt that I'll be alone in this, is that it looks a little unstable; top heavy even. I'd be afraid of an attack of the "clumsies" and knocking the whole thing over. How warm does the collection chamber get? That would seem a logical place to place your hand for support. Maybe a silicone sleeve to protect your hand? Looking forward to the video though.

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
One of the reasons I chose to go with a the Plenty Stainless Steel Cooling Coil is it's very light weight. You can bend it to stick straight out still without it tipping over. Most of the weight of the Extreme Q is in the base that helps it remain stable.

I do suggest setting the J-VOC up in a clean environment free from dust or other hazards. You will need to make sure no dirt gets pulled inside to contaminate the oil.

Temperature of the collection chamber will vary. If you use it without the fan it barely gets warm. Large amount of surface area dispenses the heat evenly. But if you turn the Extreme Q fan on setting 3 or high it will heat the unit up all the way to the cooling coil. Then it gets the glass hot enough to turn the oil into liquid form almost like bong water. Gloves maybe required to pour the oil or change bowls to prevent discomfort for fair skin if used on the highest setting. Typically fan is not needed unless cleaning the unit and is optional.

Since you can pre bend the cooling coil to reach your bong from you desk holding the unit is not even required. Commonly one will hold the bong in 1 hand and use second hand to align the cooling coil into the bong stem and fill chamber that way.

J-VOC is newly released but did go through 2 years of vigorous product testing. It sits very stable on a level surface and even survived a drop test with the glass parts. This limited edition J-VOC is made with some of the highest quality glass and is not unbreakable but it is built to be very durable.

Thanks BadDog some excellent questions !!! I hope these answers help :)

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Thanks !!

J-VOC's cooling coil comes with a optional silicone adapter that will fit most bong stems. So it can be used in combination with many different hydration methods. It works very well with percolator bongs or Tornado's like shown in this clip using the regular stock whip.

BadDog No

Interesting video, but I'm a little confused; OK maybe a little dazed too-it is 4/20. Normally you wouldn't even have the fan on to use the EQ with a whip. I thought you would only liquefy the oil with a fan just before harvesting it, or is this a demo mostly just for the visuals rather than the way it would normally be used?

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Another excellent question ! Correct normally when using the whip with EQ you don't need the fan. But once the J-VOC has collected a full chamber of vapor oil you will need the fan and you have 2 choices ... Vapor oil at room temperature is thick , to thick for air to pass, heating it up with the fan is the key for it to work properly.

1. Turn on the fan pour out the oil into a jar for later.

OR

2. Keep the vapor oil chamber 3/4 full and use heated vapor oil as bong water.

If you choose to keep the vapor oil as liquid filter any new vapors passing through the bubbling vapor oil will collect much faster. Essentially when making J-VOC I hoped to create the best method for collecting the vapor into a oil. But in the process I stumbled across what could be the solution to age old question.

What is the best liquid to use as bong water ? My Answer : Heated Vapor Oil

PS. Correct this video was filmed with another liquid to simulate vapor oil for visual purposes. In actually normal use the the filter points on the unit will turn darker and the vapor oil collected from Cannabis would be more orange / red color and bubbles a little bit slower like lava.

Thanks again BadDog & Happy 420 :D

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

So, I kind of want one. It may breathe some new life into my EQ. I haven't touched it much lately. But uh, what exactly is the point of collecting the oil? I mean other than to collect it later, but why accelerate it? It seems like this is a purpose built tool to use with the EQ, but I just keep asking myself why exactly? How much is one of these going to run? I'd love to get my hands on one.

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Glad to hear you like it ! One reason to collect a Jar of Vapor Oil made with J-VOC is the purity of the finished product is hard to match. Each bending point on the J-VOC filters out some of the impurities. If you collect Cannabis vapor in the J-VOC it will have the properties that make it equal or arguably even better then honey oil. Plus using Vapor Oil as a bong water will totally amaze your friends :)

If you go to the J-VOC website it will take you to the online orders. Right now there is only a pricey limited edition line with all glass parts hand made in Canada. Later this year or early next there will be option of a more cost effective version of this one made in China.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
While it's an interesting concept I don't see it having much benifit for me. The hot oil is likely to cause the flavour to be a bit off and the vapour won't be any cooler.

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the interest in the concept Winegums ! You have a valid point once the fresh vapors pass through the bubbling vapor oil they do interact. If you have put a variety of strains through your EQ then a bit of each will have added to flavor of the oil collected. This can be a good thing with fresh higher end tasting herbs or a bad thing if you have added stale lower end strains that tastes like a barn :( .

I can understand the purest who likes the taste of clean glass every time. Regular cleanings would make this possible with J-VOC as well. It would only prevent the oil collection chamber from ever filling. I will take this style of device into consideration for future optional models.

Vapor does cool again once it passes through the cooling coil but your right it is recommend to use another device in combination . Triple chamber percolator can make it almost too cool.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the interest in the concept Winegums ! You have a valid point once the fresh vapors pass through the bubbling vapor oil they do interact. If you have put a variety of strains through your EQ then a bit of each will have added to flavor of the oil collected. This can be a good thing with fresh higher end tasting herbs or a bad thing if you have added stale lower end strains that tastes like a barn :( .

I can understand the purest who likes the taste of clean class every time. Regular cleanings would make this possible with J-VOC as well. It would only prevent the oil collection chamber from ever filling. I will take this style of device into consideration for future optional models.

Vapor does cool again once it passes through the cooling coil but your right it is recommend to use another device in combination . Triple chamber percolator can make it almost too cool.

I don't have an EQ but I would recommend making a piece that collects the reclaim and holds it in a separate area away from the air path. This way you could keep the fresh vapour clean, all the while you would have a way of easily capturing the condensed stuff! Just my thoughts on the idea, take them or leave them. =)

PS: If that's oil in the video that's some crazy action you've got going on.

PPS: Maybe it's just fine how it is? I'm far too baked for this right now.

Last edited:

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
I don't have an EQ but I would recommend making a piece that collects the reclaim and holds it in a separate area away from the air path. This way you could keep the fresh vapour clean, all the while you would have a way of easily capturing the condensed stuff! Just my thoughts on the idea, take them or leave them. =)

PS: If that's oil in the video that's some crazy action you've got going on.

Thanks for the design suggestions i like those ideas on the second chamber !

Ya it's only a solution mixed to simulate what vapor oil really looks like for the video shoot. ;) Real vapor oil is bit thicker even when hot and a little bit more orange.

Plus if you have used a unit long enough to catch that much oil for real it won't look so clean. Instead it will have dark marks on it from catching impurities at each bend.

BadDog No

Sounds like you have a realistic business plan. You'l probably be neither disappointed nor surprised that most of us are a little resistant to the present price point. Oh maybe if youtube suddenly exploded with vape critics proclaiming this as the next big thing (Hey, it could happen), but most of us are probably gonna wait for the Chinese glass version.
So those silicone sleeve/adapters? I'm guessing compatibility with 14 and 18mm joints? I'd probably use one of those little pinnacle hydrotubes (microshower?) and ditch the steel. Guess we'll just settle in and wait for an early adopter to post their impressions. Oh sometime in the future if you could do a series of photos showing a unit ready to be harvested with all that lovely goop at every bend and then the process of running the fan on high to move the oil into the collection chamber. Don't know why I find this so fascinating, but I do. Thanks for the updates and keep us informed.

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
Thanks my goal is to show it off at a Cannabis Cup and really get the word out on what harvesting pure vapor oil is all about ! Maybe 10 years from now people will have tested the properties and discover how much potential it really has.

I understand getting the price under 100$ would be ideal since the EQ itself is known for being lower cost option for vaping.

First J-VOC prototype cost me well over 500$ to make buying the parts from chemistry equipment suppliers. Second prototype came in at 300$ using shopping around online for used parts . Only by getting the parts locally made custom was this one able to be under 200$.

If you like the J-VOC concept but price is major factor you can also try on your own to piece a unit together from used parts cheap on ebay :) this is what you will need.

24/40 mineral bubbler

19/38 adapters x 2

cooling coil or hose that will not contaminate the taste of the oil

silicone adapters are optional : 3/8 by 1/2 & 1/4 by 3/8 tubing size

Dome screens x 2

I like the pinnacle hydrotubes idea ! If only it was bendable ! I will consider it when upgrading the tube design on future models.

In meantime I will keep working on getting a cheaper unit made in China for anyone on a budget.

Also I just like to add big thanks to everyone that was able to afford the limited edition unit !!!

As is now it has the highest quality glass and should remain the biggest oil collection chamber of all the J-VOC models. It's also helping local business in my community create jobs! Much of the sales money from the first limited edition line is being used directly to fund design of future Vapor Collection models.

P.S Should have more pic's of unit in use coming from customers to post , if anyone bought one and would like to post here please do !!!

Last edited:

deadbeatblast

I've had this unit for a couple months now, despite it being tall the pieces fit snug, I can pick the unit up with everything attached with no fear of it wobbling or cracking. It's best if used on a flat surface but I occasionally pick the whole thing up and just puff on it leaned back in my chair.

The flavor is really good after you get some oil built up inside, I use a slightly lower temp to avoid any overheating of the material. It does gain it's own seasoned flavor over time but in no way do I find it stale or negatively affecting the flavor of my bud.

Oil does take a while to accumulate, in the meantime I've found some excess builds up around the bottom of the main piece. Once a week or so I take a dabber pick and scrape a nice glob off the bottom for immediate consumption.

I've used Vocanos, Pax, and a couple other portable vapes.

Flavorwise I've enjoyed this the best, certainly better than the plastic whip/bags that came with the extreme q.

Cheers.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
That makes more sense now. I'm a high temp vapourist so my reclaim oil is always a bit stale/ played out. If one was to keep temps lower it wouldn't be so bad. I almost think adding some terpenes to the reclaim mix would get it less viscous and add some really sweet flavours!

Best of luck with this design, I can't wait to see where this goes.

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker
That makes more sense now. I'm a high temp vapourist so my reclaim oil is always a bit stale/ played out. If one was to keep temps lower it wouldn't be so bad. I almost think adding some terpenes to the reclaim mix would get it less viscous and add some really sweet flavours!

Thanks !

LelandJudsyn

Accessory Maker

Thank you ! J-VOC also has a 3 stage glass filtration process that prevents the stale taste . So even if you vape at the higher temperatures you will still end up with a very pure red colored Vapor Oil in the collection chamber. I think in many cases the vapor oil collected in whips ends with a stale taste due to coming in contact with materials other then glass.

Justpassedu

@LelandJudsyn can you make a proper video showing us how it collects the oil and than heated up and dumped out ? I understand it does take some use and time to actually build up enough oil for collection. This is an expensive device and if I or someone was going to spend more money than the Eq actually costs for a accessory I'd like to see it actually work with my own eyes. I could be wrong and maybe you have a actual function video , if so please post for us as I only saw a video with the device making bubbles. I'd love to see 1st hand oil being collected as this is what you are marketing the device for. Ty

Edit - Just saw version 2 link , it looks like something I can put together with some lab glass , how would this collect oil and than be heated by the fan and dumped for use ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom