It's 2020 - What's the best butane vape for a water piece?

JEMSKU

I own the Vapor Genie Coil, but have always felt that the performance through water is probably not as good as it gets. Since I've purchased it, we've seen the Tubo Piro, the new Flip Brick, Elev8r, O'Connell, and many more have come out in years past, in addition to countless clever DIY solutions. I have never upgraded because I have never seen a definitive verdict on which offers the best performance, and I'm sure many of us have experienced the duality of VAS and analysis paralysis.

What I see as performance includes evenness without stirring, and degree of control of the heat. Besides that, I'd be curious as to what people consider their favorite butane vape considering ease of use and cleaning etc as well as performance. For example I love that I can drop my coil in iso after an oopsie, something that would spoil a wood vape for several sessions.

JEMSKU,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've not found any I like more than Lotus paired with their water pipe adapter.
Have fun with your search, try a few.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Tweakz

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I still get great results with the MistVape Essence, small 14mm joint bowl means no stirring, great for tasty one-hitters and even concentrates...

I want to get a Piro though and also a Flam. DLXpro and DLX-M are nice, but I actually think I would like the DLXone best. Piro and the one use 18mm joint bowls (like many of my favorite vapes) oh and so does the StemPod Jetpack.

However StickyBrick Jr and Runt also have water adapters, those are both phenomenal, a little more useful than the Flip. But yeah like DLX-M/pro they have wood bowls, larger so capable of holding more, though may need stirring.

Lotus is fun, but a bit more involved for me. So is VapCap and I only really ever use it through water (I have an old OG all glass one though) though I would like to try a VapMan...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I’ll vote Elev8r, it’s my most recent purchase but really just got it working how I want today. Not that its fussy but does require technique and I’ve still been working on mine but got it pretty nailed down today. The first words that come to mind are taste, smoothness and strength. But it has many virtues taste being one of its strongest, made my old dry home grown taste good. Have some nice pro grown bud for the weekend to really appreciate some good taste. In comparison with my #1 vape my Weedeater it taste a bit better, can so far almost deliver as dense of a hit but with practice who knows. The Elev8r is also a little smoother but maybe not as strong or efficient, not that it’s lacking in those regards just not quite as good. Being able to go toe to toe with the Weedeater is quite the feat in my eyes and with more experience with the Elev8r who knows what I’ll be able to get out of it but for my regular micro dosing regimen it’s not suitable for use as a DD more of a couple times a week.
http://instagr.am/p/CAVXsKppR-1/

JEMSKU

I've not found any I like more than Lotus paired with their water pipe adapter.
Have fun with your search, try a few.

Thansk for chiming in on the lotus. But the point of the thread was to avoid spending who knows how much searching for the perfect vape.... I was hoping to take advantage of the suckers who have already done so ;)

Lots of support for the elev8r and lotus. Both have really caught my eye but scratch somewhat of a different itch than what I had in mind... Specifically I was hoping to find a winner among direct-flame vapes. Something about direct heat is satisfying in a way that pre-heat vapes can't achieve! Clearly I didn't specify this in the OP (and even mentioned the elev8r) so my bad!

Shit Snacks

Thansk for chiming in on the lotus. But the point of the thread was to avoid spending who knows how much searching for the perfect vape.... I was hoping to take advantage of the suckers who have already done so ;)

Lots of support for the elev8r and lotus. Both have really caught my eye but scratch somewhat of a different itch than what I had in mind... Specifically I was hoping to find a winner among direct-flame vapes. Something about direct heat is satisfying in a way that pre-heat vapes can't achieve! Clearly I didn't specify this in the OP (and even mentioned the elev8r) so my bad!

I think you really can't go wrong with any of them is the thing, that's why I don't think you'll find a clear winner, but my vote is the Piro or Essence for direct torch to bubbler (or j hook) vaping with glass stem bowls (18 vs 14 mm between the two)

Otherwise it's going to be StickyBricks Runt/Jr with wpa, Dreamwood DLX, or an OHV... You're going to have to decide for yourself unfortunately!

Chainfish

I got the walnut twist vaporgenie which I loved paired with water when got I right, but was very hit n miss and combusted a few times (any tips on a deepclean would be very much appreciated). Got a Dreamwood Pro Dlx getting sorted and looking forward to trying my 1st piece from them. I like the hydrovap through ny d020 but don't think that's strictly a butane vape. Will get an elev8r when they sell in Uk without wand

Chainfish,
I wasn’t a huge fan of using a Sticky Brick through water. I found it kinda awkward. The Dynavap is seeing a resurgence in my rotation, exclusively with water, but that’s not direct flame of course. If it were me, I’d probably be looking at the Lotus. Haven’t used it myself though.

letter never sent,
Reactions: JEMSKU

Shit Snacks

I wasn’t a huge fan of using a Sticky Brick through water. I found it kinda awkward. The Dynavap is seeing a resurgence in my rotation, exclusively with water, but that’s not direct flame of course. If it were me, I’d probably be looking at the Lotus. Haven’t used it myself though.

Lotus isn't direct either, though you do inhale while you are still heating... With sticky bricks it depends which model and which connection, I actually learned how to use the daisy originally with a whip connected to a bubbler...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: JEMSKU

GoldenBud

I own the Vapor Genie Coil, but have always felt that the performance through water is probably not as good as it gets. Since I've purchased it, we've seen the Tubo Piro, the new Flip Brick, Elev8r, O'Connell, and many more have come out in years past, in addition to countless clever DIY solutions. I have never upgraded because I have never seen a definitive verdict on which offers the best performance, and I'm sure many of us have experienced the duality of VAS and analysis paralysis.
Bare Essence. around 30$ , it hits like a truck and almost on-demand, it extracts 0.08g in 2-3 hits, the flavour is top, with water too. i really liked the wooden stem too (tapers 14mm). the technique is easy, just watch youtube video from Vitolo or some other experienced dude.
My tip is never carry this one in your pencil case, never, just in a plastic hard-case, like sunglasses case. the glass is supposed to be better now, Quartz I think, other than Boro, but anyway this glass isn't too thick anyway, so you should use some plastic strong case or something similar. if something in your case will drop pressure on it it can be broken.

it looks and feels cheaper than Sticky Brick device, but it hits as hard as a Sticky one does.

*****EDIT: Sorry forgot about the ELEV8R rig-kit, it's also a good call. if you want a bigger bowl than a 0.09g, go for the ELEV8R.

Last edited:

Choices

If I was looking for a direct butane vape to pair with water I think I’d get the FlipBrick. My reasoning is that you can still get one for around $80 if you search a bit (Cream City Vapes?. If you don’t like the Sticky Brick experience you’re only out $80. If you do like it you have Hydrobrick Maxx you can add to really experiencecall that Sticky Bricks has to offer when paired with a water piece..

Choices,
Top Bottom