Is terpenes taste could be affected while shipped?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Short story: I received some terpenes from Canada but the taste/smell doesn't seems to be right, it's a strain supposed to be fruity/candy (Runtz) , maker is Elevation Terpenes... I supposed the terpenes affected by heat while shipped (there was some white marks around the jar and the whole package smelt, glad the smell doesn't looks like weed though... cause customs).

Although I probably put a bit too much terps so I'll add more distillate to dilute the added terpenes. Is somebody else tested theElevation Terpenes?

shredder

Short story: I received some terpenes from Canada but the taste/smell doesn't seems to be right, it's a strain supposed to be fruity/candy (Runtz) , maker is Elevation Terpenes... I supposed the terpenes affected by heat while shipped (there was some white marks around the jar and the whole package smelt, glad the smell doesn't looks like weed though... cause customs).

Although I probably put a bit too much terps so I'll add more distillate to dilute the added terpenes. Is somebody else tested theElevation Terpenes?

In my limited experience undiluted terpenes change when diluted into something more recognizable. It's very concentrated in it's original form.

Even then they're not exactly like the taste of weed. In example blue dream terpenes I bought weren't exactly like the blue dream I grow. Close but not an exact match.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

I doubt they were affected by heat... they just kinda suck, at least every brand I tried back in '18-'19 did... even the "flavorless" (which wasn't at all "flavorless", unless you think soap is "flavorless"). I'm convinced none of the "Food Grade", "Botanical", even "Organic" terps are ever meant to vape, despite the marketing, and I do know most cheap legit disty carts use em, but even they get gross pretty quickly... Less is def more with all this stuff and it is possible to make it bearable... barely. For me, the only way to go is with the real deal terps, and they're super expensive.... this is why I stopped bothering with it, to make decent stuff you really need expensive equipment.

I def recommend investing in one of these:

Good luck! :tup:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Are you aware of the FREE sample offer for terpene, here:

If over heated for a decent period, or if the bottle seals were deteriorating, flavors can go bad. Same with flavors for eliquids, and essential oils.

shredder

I doubt they were affected by heat... they just kinda suck, at least every brand I tried back in '18-'19 did... even the "flavorless" (which wasn't at all "flavorless", unless you think soap is "flavorless"). I'm convinced none of the "Food Grade", "Botanical", even "Organic" terps are ever meant to vape, despite the marketing, and I do know most cheap legit disty carts use em, but even they get gross pretty quickly... Less is def more with all this stuff and it is possible to make it bearable... barely. For me, the only way to go is with the real deal terps, and they're super expensive.... this is why I stopped bothering with it, to make decent stuff you really need expensive equipment.

I def recommend investing in one of these:

Good luck! :tup:

I've been pretty much on the same journey.

I bought terpenes with the idea of making my own carts. But now I'm using them in edibles. I really do think they make a difference in edibles.

And I'm still buying carts, lol.

Top Bottom