Is staining of new ceramic glass a concern

Baroque

I bought a Flowermate mini and it came with some yellow / brown stains in the chamber before use

http://imgur.com/a/O747w

I know with time and use, the color of white ceramic changes, but does anyone with knowledge of this material and know if this initial discoloration is something I should worry about?

Baroque,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Are you saying you haven't used this yet? Because it clearly has some herb around the chamber.

If you have used it, it is normal for the ceramic to start discoloring. It is a porous material and will discolor unevenly at first. Eventually, the entire chamber will be a dark brown.

Baroque

Are you saying you haven't used this yet? Because it clearly has some herb around the chamber.

If you have used it, it is normal for the ceramic to start discoloring. It is a porous material and will discolor unevenly at first. Eventually, the entire chamber will be a dark brown.

I've used it, the discoloration pictured existed when the chamber was just unboxed. Would it be normal for this uneven discoloration to exist prior to use? Thanks!

Baroque,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't know if I'd say it's 'normal,' but I also don't know that it's something to worry about. Did you do an initial burn off of the unit prior to use? Do you smell or taste anything odd?

momofthegoons,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The manufacturer probably tested the unit prior to boxing. Personally, I wouldn't worry.

Baroque

The manufacturer probably tested the unit prior to boxing. Personally, I wouldn't worry.

There was a "QA passed" sticker on the side

I don't know if I'd say it's 'normal,' but I also don't know that it's something to worry about. Did you do an initial burn off of the unit prior to use? Do you smell or taste anything odd?

I ran it on the highest for around 10 minutes. No unusual smell during the initial burn and no unusual taste or smell after.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Baroque,
Top Bottom