Irritation from hot air?

superconducter

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Perhaps it's nothing, but I'm wondering if the long, slow hits I've been taking off my new V-Tower could be irritating my lungs a bit. Let me explain....

I'm would be surprised if it were the vapor, which is not burning or even close to com busting, is making my lungs a bit irritated.

That led me to think about whether-or-not the superheated air filling my lungs for 20 seconds and then held for another, oh, 10, could just be drying me out and feeling a bit 'sore.'

As for joints or pipes, I would figure that even though the temperature of the burning weed is higher, I would suspect that you are pulling in less air and holding it for shorter periods.

Perhaps the solution is some sort of vap/ice bong combo? Don't really know how I would go about that so any advice appreciated. (guess that makes it two questions :) )

Thanks everyone.

superconducter,

Beezleb

Try cooling your vapor like running it through a bong with ice.

If you are not able to do this try wetting your mouthpiece with cold water and take a sip of something cold before take a draw and see if that helps.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Put another shoulder on the end of your whip instead of a mout piece and stick that shit in you glass on glass bong. That is how you would go about it.

If you don't have a bong, stick your mouthpiece into a hole in the side of a bottle full of ice. Pull from the top and pull your whip to clear the chamber.

Or hold some crushed ice in your mouth.

bluntfaced,

superconducter

bluntfaced said:
Put another shoulder on the end of your whip instead of a mouth piece and stick that shit in you glass on glass bong. That is how you would go about it.
Awesome and simple solution. Thanks a lot; I couldn't quite figure out how I would run the V-Tower through a bong since I didn't know that (apparently) you can order extra elbows which happen to fit in bongs.

Since I've never had a bong can you tell me, is the diameter of the bowl the same on most all? I mean, is there a "standard" gauge, width, # that bong bowls come in?

Since the elbow on the v-tower's whip is ground to a taper, can I find a bong with a nice ground glass that will mate to that?

Thanks for all the help in here.

superconducter,

max

Out to lunch
That led me to think about whether-or-not the superheated air filling my lungs for 20 seconds and then held for another, oh, 10, could just be drying me out and feeling a bit 'sore.'
The air isn't really superheated. It cools quickly by going through the glass and tubing.

There's only 3.5" between the bowl and my mouth with my PD. But there's not a lot of air hitting my throat, which is what bothered me when I owned a V-Tower. The hits had a low vapor to air ratio compared to the typical whip vape, where you can pack the bowl and have a dense bed of herb for the heated air to contact. Have you tried packing the elbow connector instead of using the bowl. That would allow thicker hits (more vapor per hit), and you wouldn't have to take in as much air. A nice easy hit will deliver a lot of vapor with the elbow loaded instead of that big bowl, where the herb tends to bounce around.

max,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah definitely go with the elbow loading, that's all I usually use, or load the elbow and the bowl if you're feeling extra saucy.

Yes, bongs have standard joint sizes. The extreme has 18.8mm joints. Bongs either have 18.8 or 14.4. If you are buying a bong just get one with an 18.8 glass on glass joint. If you have a bong with a 14.4 joint you'll need an adapter.

bluntfaced,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
you never posted what temp you are vaping at, but for me anything above 220c gets harsh but really hits you hard.

DeepFried,

freeman dyson

I had my Budda for a couple months and it works good and no problems. In the past few weeks or so I got a post nasal drip or sinus infection. i got over it but now a lot of times I vape I get really bad chest congestion and irritation. im using a vapor genie now because my buddha is broke and I think the condition is even worsening. Is it because of the dryness of the vapes? Anyone have any problems like this?

Modnote: Merged.

freeman dyson,

freeman dyson

i have been having post nasal drip and ear problems for a while now. Think it might be the hot, dry air from vapes. im either going to have to find a filter or quit vaping. i never had this problem smoking.

freeman dyson,

sour

I just vape with my purple days which is smaller hits, but I find that taking a sip of ice water in between hits helps my mouth and throat feel moisturized.

sour,
Top Bottom