• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Phase3 Vaporizers

Oden

You might be waiting a while :lol:
Yep my patience has limits 🤣🤣, but who knows he might surprise us like with this unexpected ZX pre-order 😁.

I would take the Z8 for sure, because I don't see the point for me in a logical way, to take a ZX when they are identical in terms of performance and airflow.
Maybe the ZX will be a bit better for flavor, and of course it will need less heat up than the SS.
But I want this screen machined from the Z8 😍

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I just want to reiterate @coolbreeze reply above, it's certainly an informed decision to have the rubies exactly where they are, no more no less. @AlphaDeltaF1 if you haven't already I suggest you read the first 60 odd pages of this thread, there have been many optimisations and discoveries along the way... It's a great read.

I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between the Z8 and the ZX.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I just want to reiterate @coolbreeze reply above, it's certainly an informed decision to have the rubies exactly where they are, no more no less. @AlphaDeltaF1 if you haven't already I suggest you read the first 60 odd pages of this thread, there have been many optimisations and discoveries along the way... It's a great read.

I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between the Z8 and the ZX.
Agreed there is no reason to try changing the screens in the injector head. They are placed at the area of the coil. There is no reason to have balls above or below the coil as they will draw heat and lower the heat transfer. Plus the head has specific machined grooves for the top and bottom screens in the SX and the bottom screen on the Z8. That's why I asked earlier what screen was being talked about.

This is not like a Ti vape where filling it differently changes results. There are Ti vapes that get packed differently by different people. This isn't a similar design for that. The balls are at the area heated which is precisely where you want them from a heat transfer perspective.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
wanted to take this coil for my SX but unfortunately no 220v version
Uh, yes there is:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Morning Phase 3 community. I setup side by side the Z8 and SX. Using Auber-300 controllers side by side too. Z8 set to 452 and SX to 500. Taking a few hits on the Z8 (lower temp) and then two hits on the SX.

Interesting observation - when I hit the Z8 the Auber barely drops any temp. I like the Auber because it has a fast response to the temp reading as I draw. Not all PIDs do. I have some PIDs with such a slow response that the temp on the PID doesn't change even during the draw. Now with the SX when I draw I consistently see between 10 to 14 degree F drops on the Auber. Not sure the science/engineering behind this but I'm thinking this has to do with the difference in thermal conductivity of the two materials. @invertedisdead - what do you think?

BTW: The hits on both are great. I notice the same temp drop though i don't recall how big with TI so again I think this has to do with thermal conductivity.

Also, I really like the 14mm injector. Given the smaller diameter and area - it makes sense that it takes less heat and energy to extract. Also, it seems more uniform across the entire cross-section!! That's a really good thing. Nice even roasts across the bowl. I typically achieved close to this on the 18mm joint too but still more variation in my setup (not saying that others haven't solved it completely - just mine wasn't quite as uniform).

Love both the vapes. Rock on and enjoy the weekend.

Oden

Morning Phase 3 community. I setup side by side the Z8 and SX. Using Auber-300 controllers side by side too. Z8 set to 452 and SX to 500. Taking a few hits on the Z8 (lower temp) and then two hits on the SX.

Interesting observation - when I hit the Z8 the Auber barely drops any temp. I like the Auber because it has a fast response to the temp reading as I draw. Not all PIDs do. I have some PIDs with such a slow response that the temp on the PID doesn't change even during the draw. Now with the SX when I draw I consistently see between 10 to 14 degree F drops on the Auber. Not sure the science/engineering behind this but I'm thinking this has to do with the difference in thermal conductivity of the two materials. @invertedisdead - what do you think?

BTW: The hits on both are great. I notice the same temp drop though i don't recall how big with TI so again I think this has to do with thermal conductivity.

Also, I really like the 14mm injector. Given the smaller diameter and area - it makes sense that it takes less heat and energy to extract. Also, it seems more uniform across the entire cross-section!! That's a really good thing. Nice even roasts across the bowl. I typically achieved close to this on the 18mm joint too but still more variation in my setup (not saying that others haven't solved it completely - just mine wasn't quite as uniform).

Love both the vapes. Rock on and enjoy the weekend.
Great to have shared your analysis between the two
And for the flavor.. is there a probable difference between the two?
Z8 should be a bit better I guess?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I don't feel ready to make a statement yet. I should switch the devices so that the SX runs lower and takes the first hits with all the terpenes and the Z8 does the higher ones. Right now it's not a fair assessment.

I wasn't disappointed with the SX when I hit for a day all by itself!!! But it does have a little friendly competition from it's older sibling. That's an interesting question. More science (and getting high required)!!!!

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Is there a noticeable difference in pid controllers maintaining temp or just more sensitive readouts? I’ve only used DC

Not sure. My DC controller never or rarely changes and that doesn't make sense. I assume it's set to a less responsive readout or the components are less responsive. The Auber does a "live" read out including as it cools down to a safe temp after it's turned off. I find that to be very useful.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Now with the SX when I draw I consistently see between 10 to 14 degree F drops on the Auber. Not sure the science/engineering behind this but I'm thinking this has to do with the difference in thermal conductivity of the two materials.
I see the same thing (same PID). It drops more than with my FP B1, but I just figured that was SS vs. Ti. Glad you shared your observations. It also recovers quickly for me.

I've gone as low as 420F and I still get a lot of good vapor and an excellent flavor. Although I'm really digging going between 480-510F to draw out a session.

I have a lot of hyperbolic praise that I am going to save until I have spent a couple of weeks with my SX.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dang you guys are fast! :bowdown:
Thanks a ton for your support, seriously it means the world to me!
Equally and beyond stoked to hear folks are really enjoying the SX :rockon:
Been such a long time getting to this point, so thanks to you all for riding with me!

I accidentally set the website up wrong so it allowed a few people to back-order beyond the set inventory, but no worries at all. If you missed out on the first order there will be more coming with this round, so don't fret!

I apologize for doing these drops without any heads up, I said I would give more of a formal announcement, but I don't seem to get much done unless I do it like this, so for now it is what it is. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

Let's talk about the ZX for a second - now this was seemingly a bit spontaneous, but the ZX was actually conceived last November as a more affordable little brother to the Z8. If you've followed my Instagram page since back then you might have even saw it on a story post. I didn't move forward with the ZX at the time because the price from my Japanese manufacturer was close enough to the Z8 and the lead time just as long; so it didn't really seem worth it to me. But going elsewhere, it's possible. The SX actually came as the result of the original Japanese ZX not happening, but still wanting to offer something similar to the Z8 but more accessible. So I'm excited to ultimately fulfill my original intentions! I know a lot of people are on a budget when it comes to this stuff and I definitely understand that and don't intend to leave anyone out to dry!

Yeah that's totally normal and you're correct that it's due to conductivity differences - stainless steel transfers heat much faster (comparatively) than zirconia, so it transfers more heat into the bowl and shows a larger temperature drop during use. The Z8 on the other hand is more thermally stable from the insulative properties and does not really move at all on my PID. Also the joint itself stays cooler for the same reasons.

490 on the SX is pretty tasty, I did a hit lastnight starting inhale at 490, and pulled until the PID read 510. Got so much flavor.

Can’t speak towards PID difference. But having a live readout of the coils *actual* temp on the Auber 300B is absolutely essential to how I understand and use it.

So glad you are getting well acquainted and having some tasty tokes with the SX!!
That's what's it's all about!!

ZX Presale already over? wow. Do not come to fuckcombustion for a day and bam :lol:.
But I get enough time to charge my credit card, I guess.:)

What can I say, the world works in mysterious ways! :whoa:
These drops are like writing a song, it just kind of happens.
But there will be more coming!

I've gone as low as 420F and I still get a lot of good vapor and an excellent flavor. Although I'm really digging going between 480-510F to draw out a session.

I have a lot of hyperbolic praise that I am going to save until I have spent a couple of weeks with my SX.

Well I'm thoroughly enjoying your initial feedback, and looking forward to marking my calendar for the hyperbole!

Massive thanks again to you all, especially my continual supporters - thanks a lot for trusting me!
Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of assistance. Definitely email for anything super urgent/important.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

My SX landed this afternoon :clap: Very fast shippingcompared to my recent experiences, thanks @invertedisdead!

Anybody have any luck with a hot-set? Try turning the coil up to 1000F or so, and then can you drop the housing in? You could probably even put the housing in the freezer for a bit to force more contraction/shrinkage. Maybe that sounds a little wild but that should create a really optimal fit, which is kind of the idea to achieve.
tried it, didn't work for me :( It was a cheap (literally the cheapest :lol:) coil from Ali. I used a combination of @madhockeydad pliers style and manually with the herborizer tool. I tried to remain the tightness as much as possible so I was careful as fuck and it took meat least an hour lol. I can probably get it more tight but I was happy it finally fit.

I did a second burnoff (had done the coil once already, before SX itself landed). Packed the bowl with .05 amnesia haze. At 525F it was a two hit extraction. I was kind of not patient after the burn off though so might have been some leftover heat hehe

Much more testing to do, but first impression indicates I'll have lots of fun doing that. It's my first coil driven ruby filled style ball vape. It's a lovely ritual, less tense than herborizer with all that glass and less bulky than many other vapes. I don't expect the stainless to get intrusive to my taste experience, it never really does.

The fit with the bowl results in quite some distance to the material. With my CL and herborizer I prefer to get the heater close to the material, but it doesn't feel like that's an issue here. The small .05 dose got dealt with.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
My SX landed this afternoon :clap: Very fast shippingcompared to my recent experiences, thanks @invertedisdead!

tried it, didn't work for me :( It was a cheap (literally the cheapest :lol:) coil from Ali. I used a combination of @madhockeydad pliers style and manually with the herborizer tool. I tried to remain the tightness as much as possible so I was careful as fuck and it took meat least an hour lol. I can probably get it more tight but I was happy it finally fit.

I did a second burnoff (had done the coil once already, before SX itself landed). Packed the bowl with .05 amnesia haze. At 525F it was a two hit extraction. I was kind of not patient after the burn off though so might have been some leftover heat hehe

Much more testing to do, but first impression indicates I'll have lots of fun doing that. It's my first coil driven ruby filled style ball vape. It's a lovely ritual, less tense than herborizer with all that glass and less bulky than many other vapes. I don't expect the stainless to get intrusive to my taste experience, it never really does.

The fit with the bowl results in quite some distance to the material. With my CL and herborizer I prefer to get the heater close to the material, but it doesn't feel like that's an issue here. The small .05 dose got dealt with.

If you use a 14mm adapter (riser) with a basket screen the material can be close. I do this and it brings the material very close.

Top Bottom