Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow thanks so much to all of you for the truly great first impressions and feedback! So far everyone has been really stoked on the Z8 which is just awesome to read. I know there’s a lot of choices these days for ball vapes so I really appreciate you putting your trust in my designs. It’s been a long road getting to this point and I’m happy to be here.

Love seeing your photos and videos and hearing that it's working exactly as it was designed to!

Super awesome to see these stellar setups in action, big thanks to everyone who supported the first round!
And thank you to everyone who has reached out with interest in boarding the Z train!

My family in town is heading back home tomorrow so I’ll be able to commit much more attention again to getting back to your messages quickly and being available for any support needs.

Email has been down again and I’m getting that fixed hopefully today as soon as I have a moment, if you’ve emailed me recently I probably didn’t receive that so my apologies for that, please reach out through PM here in the meantime and my Phase3 email should be back up tomorrow.

The tolerances between the 1/2” screen and the 14mm bowl is pretty tight, with the unground joint it’s true that there is less contact area to grip the screen. After a few bowls the screen usually stays in place pretty well for me but sometimes it can be a little finicky. Seating the screen with a similar diameter tool like the handle on a wooden spoon can be helpful sometimes. Alternatively, running a screen below the handle on the bowl might be another option, though I’ve pretty much been keeping my screen at the bottom of the joint as I find it gives a quite consistent roast for a pure convection vape. One thing to consider with the tight tolerance between the screen and the glass adapter is if the screen is bent significantly it probably won’t fit. I learned this when setting the screens for the beads, it actually took more than I thought to really get the process dialed in, I went through a 100 pack of screens with this batch. 60 went to the bowls themselves, that said I probably would have included a few extra screens had I had them.

Everyone with an installed coil I had to bump up to a larger size box, as I forgot to account for the DC stand which wouldn’t fit in the small flat rate box. Some of the stands were finished better than others, i just wrapped them all up and grabbed them randomly but if there would have been more budget left I would have liked to get those powder coated locally for a nicer finish. Or maybe I could have my glassblower make some 14mm glass stands.

Will be out of the house today but I’ll be right back at it tomorrow morning to respond to any inquiries. Thanks all!

coolbreeze

Hope everyone's enjoying a flavorful Sunday afternoon!
IMG-2906.jpg

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
When is the second batch of Z8's coming? :lol:
Unsure but just a thought on how to setup orders for the Z8. I think it would be wise to have ordering windows where people can preorder anywhere in that window. That allows an unlimited amount of people to order a Z8 while you get an accurate number for the order at the end of the window. This would go against the usual "limited unit" type of drop where they sell out in minutes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Email is back online, feel free to reach me through the address on my website for anything really important.
Otherwise you can still reach me on here or on Instagram. Still getting through my PMs and DMs so thank you for your cooperation
:wave:

Still receiving some really awesome feedback from the first round so thanks for all the kind comments,
Stoked that people are liking the Z8 so much!

When is the second batch of Z8's coming? :lol:

A December order would land them around Feb-March of next year :)

Hope everyone's enjoying a flavorful Sunday afternoon!
IMG-2906.jpg

I've always wanted one of those Hash Masta Kut rigs, gotta love the Dead' millie!
That's a real vibe you're setting, @coolbreeze
Love seeing all the nice glass everyone is busting out! :rockon:

Unsure but just a thought on how to setup orders for the Z8. I think it would be wise to have ordering windows where people can preorder anywhere in that window. That allows an unlimited amount of people to order a Z8 while you get an accurate number for the order at the end of the window. This would go against the usual "limited unit" type of drop where they sell out in minutes.

I agree that would be nice, ideally people would be able to order up until the production date, but generally, to secure your place in line for production requires paying for a set amount of parts. But I will look into it and see if it's possible or not!

Although even as-is I think the Z8 ordering process is/was pretty unique and fair. It was a limited run, but the only real obstacles to getting one were to buy it. It was a bit of a spontaneous announcement on my part to decide to do these, but it seems like there was a couple weeks opportunity to buy one before I closed down the store. Some people that wanted one did miss out though, I think some people were missing my updates when this thread was in the unreleased section.

The Rolex of injectors?

:cool:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Email is back online, feel free to reach me through the address on my website for anything really important.
Otherwise you can still reach me on here or on Instagram. Still getting through my PMs and DMs so thank you for your cooperation
:wave:

Still receiving some really awesome feedback from the first round so thanks for all the kind comments,
Stoked that people are liking the Z8 so much!

A December order would land them around Feb-March of next year :)

I've always wanted one of those Hash Masta Kut rigs, gotta love the Dead' millie!
That's a real vibe you're setting, @coolbreeze
Love seeing all the nice glass everyone is busting out! :rockon:

I agree that would be nice, ideally people would be able to order up until the production date, but generally, to secure your place in line for production requires paying for a set amount of parts. But I will look into it and see if it's possible or not!

Although even as-is I think the Z8 ordering process is/was pretty unique and fair. It was a limited run, but the only real obstacles to getting one were to buy it. It was a bit of a spontaneous announcement on my part to decide to do these, but it seems like there was a couple weeks opportunity to buy one before I closed down the store. Some people that wanted one did miss out though, I think some people were missing my updates when this thread was in the unreleased section.

:cool:
I agree. You might indicate the number of parts available or that remain so customers understand the quantities.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Screens in the 14mm bowls are slipping for me.
I don't have this awesome kit but looking at the bowl i can see that unless there is a groove inside to hold the screen in place this issue is not going away. The problem is the straight sides. Bowls with more of a curve make it easier to get the the screen to stay in place but in the absence of a groove you usually need to let some resin accumulate there so that the screen can stick to the glass...

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I don't have this awesome kit but looking at the bowl i can see that unless there is a groove inside to hold the screen in place this issue is not going away. The problem is the straight sides. Bowls with more of a curve make it easier to get the the screen to stay in place but in the absence of a groove you usually need to let some resin accumulate there so that the screen can stick to the glass...
There is a groove inside right by the handle. Seems like most people are putting their screen higher up on the joint. Mine is all the way at the bottom of the joint. Great flavor and no loose screen issue :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
mine made it safely to my place, unfortunately im visiting family for the next three weeks! ill just be over here, trembling in antici........

We'll be waiting for ya!

390f on a DC 3D controller. Gonna see how low I can take it.

Word to Blu!

Love seeing all these action shots :rockon:

Low temp crushers is where it's at, I find the AVB just turns to dust.

A2-F29-E05-B0-F5-4537-AA37-30746-B81-F440.jpg

Yeah ideally there would be a groove for the screen to click into, just like the heater uses.
These bowls were already a bit over budget but I will look into what it would cost to do.
The screen in my bowl has been holding pretty solid but a few people have had minor issues with the bowl screens.

I want the glass bowls to stay affordable as I have a custom Z bowl I designed for the Z8 for the most serious Zenthusiasts.

There is a groove inside right by the handle. Seems like most people are putting their screen higher up on the joint. Mine is all the way at the bottom of the joint. Great flavor and no loose screen issue :)

That’s another option for sure! A few have really been liking the screen down there. It should be able to hold a pretty good amount of herb with a light tamp too. :science:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
We'll be waiting for ya!

Word to Blu!

Love seeing all these action shots :rockon:

Low temp crushers is where it's at, I find the AVB just turns to dust.

A2-F29-E05-B0-F5-4537-AA37-30746-B81-F440.jpg

Yeah ideally there would be a groove for the screen to click into, just like the heater uses.
These bowls were already a bit over budget but I will look into what it would cost to do.
The screen in my bowl has been holding pretty solid but a few people have had minor issues with the bowl screens.

I want the glass bowls to stay affordable as I have a custom Z bowl I designed for the Z8 for the most serious Zenthusiasts.

That’s another option for sure! A few have really been liking the screen down there. It should be able to hold a pretty good amount of herb with a light tamp too. :science:
I will stay on the lookout for said bowl. Two options :)

biohacker

Complete Congrats my dude! :tup::rockon::bowdown: This looks like the GOAT!!! Although I don't partake in flower vaping anymore, I sure still enjoy watching you crank out the milk pron vids!

Watch out for this guy, i've witnessed some innovation here that makes some of the bigger player$ in the game look embarrassing! Love your higher standards bro, and nice to see a long time FC OG inventing these toys for us enthusiasts! Can't wait for your extract evaporator concepts!

:popcorn::cheers:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
For those wondering (probably not many of us if we're in this particular enthusiast forum) I've tried many many glass pieces. The GooRoo 3 piece bubbler is the most open airflow I've found. It has a totally open down stem with smaller holes in the side as well and it seriously makes the overall experience of the Z8 better compared to my beaker bong. And the glass on the HD bubbler is super thick as well.

Edit: @invertedisdead Just out of curiosity, would you consider producing a version of the Z8 out of a cheaper material like Stainless or Titanium. Like an S8 or T8 maybe? I assume you can send the same design to be machined from different materials but I could be wrong on that. It would give more people access to the design, allowing for growth and potentially opening the door to enable new designs to form. The S8 and T8 wouldn't necessarily provide
the intended flavor, but it could achieve the intended efficiency. I think the lack of conduction definitely is part of the signature for the Z8. But I believe the geometry may be the main reason for the efficiency of the vape, regardless of the of the heater casing being ceramic or metal or glass. I may be wrong but I suppose you'd have to try it to find out ;)

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I didn't order because I had a problem with the "financial provider" aka CC back then.
I personally am all for zirconia, as it has great properties and there are already ss and ti ball vapes around I think. And we can witness how it takes the test of time. But yeah the more options the better, finally, probably.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Oh I agree. For sure keep the Z8 as your premium option but the budget options would be very enticing to those I've talked to as well. They're more after the function and form than the flavor. So the zirconia is a premium feature that they don't really NEED for their vaping style. It is more in line with the original vision and for that and for us flavor chasers the Z8 should stick around. But an S8 or T8 would fulfill those other desires (like microdosing effectively and snapper bowls) even if it means needing a high pid temp and less intense flavor. Yea other ball vapes can do it too but we all know best performance comes from a covered screen, which requires less herb in a 14mm bowl as opposed to the 18mm that's standard right now. I'm pretty sure the CouchLog is the only other vape that covers this "open airflow heavy hitter with a small bowl" niche and it's very hard to get and likely doesn't function this well. It's a great opportunity to initialize the second wave of ball vapes which seems to be moving from maximum dosage to efficiency of power and herb with this and the TKO opting for a lower mass heater and smaller bowls.

Just my 2 cents

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Complete Congrats my dude! :tup::rockon::bowdown: This looks like the GOAT!!! Although I don't partake in flower vaping anymore, I sure still enjoy watching you crank out the milk pron vids!

Watch out for this guy, i've witnessed some innovation here that makes some of the bigger player$ in the game look embarrassing! Love your higher standards bro, and nice to see a long time FC OG inventing these toys for us enthusiasts! Can't wait for your extract evaporator concepts!

:popcorn::cheers:

Wow what a nice surprise! So great to hear from you my brother, sure hope you've been well!
We'll definitely have to catch up a bit, and I definitely have some innovative dab stuff in the pipe (line) I'm itching to start developing.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Nice find! The one with the Buckethead millie is pretty sweet :D It's a good thing the amber purple one is sold out :uhoh:
Amber purple just looks good on absolutely everything.

For those wondering (probably not many of us if we're in this particular enthusiast forum) I've tried many many glass pieces. The GooRoo 3 piece bubbler is the most open airflow I've found. It has a totally open down stem with smaller holes in the side as well and it seriously makes the overall experience of the Z8 better compared to my beaker bong. And the glass on the HD bubbler is super thick as well.

Edit: @invertedisdead Just out of curiosity, would you consider producing a version of the Z8 out of a cheaper material like Stainless or Titanium. Like an S8 or T8 maybe? I assume you can send the same design to be machined from different materials but I could be wrong on that. It would give more people access to the design, allowing for growth and potentially opening the door to enable new designs to form. The S8 and T8 wouldn't necessarily provide
the intended flavor, but it could achieve the intended efficiency. I think the lack of conduction definitely is part of the signature for the Z8. But I believe the geometry may be the main reason for the efficiency of the vape, regardless of the of the heater casing being ceramic or metal or glass. I may be wrong but I suppose you'd have to try it to find out ;)

Well I've definitely considered it, I already built the medical grade stainless steel version before I decided to do the Z8!

A more affordable version would be appealing for attracting people to the brand.
But I also don't want to undermine the Z8, or Z8 owners.

I do know that if I don't offer a cheaper variant of sorts, somebody else will run with it...
But I also don't want to sell a bunch of redundant designs, my vape philosophy is pretty minimalist, so I want to offer my best work.

I looked into doing a budget zirconia model, but it would still end up being a few hundred dollars.

I was thinking more of maybe doing a stainless steel butane powered vape, but I suppose I could potentially bring the stainless steel desktop back.

It does seem like the price is very important to most shoppers.

That said, I don't feel like the Z8 is really that expensive, all things considered; but I definitely understand the appeal of something more accessible.

The SS version looks pretty cool too :wave:

F32-A28-FB-6-D3-B-4416-A1-CE-3-F140-A02-ECEA.jpg

I didn't order because I had a problem with the "financial provider" aka CC back then.
I personally am all for zirconia, as it has great properties and there are already ss and ti ball vapes around I think. And we can witness how it takes the test of time. But yeah the more options the better, finally, probably.

Appreciate your feedback and interest my friend!
Still on board the Z train for sure but maybe something else will see an appearance.

I just filled the bowl to the top and it was a slapper for sure. :science:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Wow what a nice surprise! So great to hear from you my brother, sure hope you've been well!
We'll definitely have to catch up a bit, and I definitely have some innovative dab stuff in the pipe (line) I'm itching to start developing.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Nice find! The one with the Buckethead millie is pretty sweet :D It's a good thing the amber purple one is sold out :uhoh:
Amber purple just looks good on absolutely everything.

Well I've definitely considered it, I already built the medical grade stainless steel version before I decided to do the Z8!

A more affordable version would be appealing for attracting people to the brand.
But I also don't want to undermine the Z8, or Z8 owners.

I do know that if I don't offer a cheaper variant of sorts, somebody else will run with it...
But I also don't want to sell a bunch of redundant designs, my vape philosophy is pretty minimalist, so I want to offer my best work.

I looked into doing a budget zirconia model, but it would still end up being a few hundred dollars.

I was thinking more of maybe doing a stainless steel butane powered vape, but I suppose I could potentially bring the stainless steel desktop back.

It does seem like the price is very important to most shoppers.

That said, I don't feel like the Z8 is really that expensive, all things considered; but I definitely understand the appeal of something more accessible.

The SS version looks pretty cool too :wave:

F32-A28-FB-6-D3-B-4416-A1-CE-3-F140-A02-ECEA.jpg

Appreciate your feedback and interest my friend!
Still on board the Z train for sure but maybe something else will see an appearance.

I just filled the bowl to the top and it was a slapper for sure. :science:
That makes a ton of sense. Me and my parents are all freelancers so sometimes growth is where my mind goes I suppose haha. I see the reason for reluctance and I appreciate you keeping us current patrons in mind ;)

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well then. A big brother is needed because small amounts do not saturate the taste buds the same way ;)

Is there a website to buy the Z8?

This is the kind of thing where you have to be glued to your screen 24/7 to have a chance of getting.... almost, LOL. I think it was all sold out pretty rapidly to the enthusiasts. HOW MANY VAPES DO YOU GUYS NEED :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom