• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Phase3 Vaporizers

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Sucks to hear, especially after getting a glimpse of what it could do. The 1.7 is unfortunately kinda finicky to setup, once its on it usually stays put, but that initial setup is a bit tricky. One of my main concerns has been the thought of them breaking on the same day someone gets it. I hope to return to some of my glass ideas when I can afford to make them exactly how I want to.

In the mean time, here is the new Impeller, a high surface area injector for 16MM coils and 14MM glass adapters.

Inverteds-Impeller.jpg
Is there a cross section for this?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is there a cross section for this?

Yeah, but I think I will wait until some samples land before posting that.

There's also a larger version for 19mm bowls, with a few other differences that's basically done too.

But I think I'm wanting to work on the smaller one for 14mm bowls first, based on some theories I've been piecing together.

For a number of reasons - One being that I don't really vape fat bowls that much anymore, I find once I get over a (rather small in reality) threshold dose the harshness goes way up. I'd rather snap one and reload than suffocate myself these days. One of the worst things I think is vaping at an excessively high temperature because there's not enough surface area to get the desired extraction at more comfortable temperatures. That's basically the difference between a good and a great vape. The 1.7 is capable of smaller doses pretty well but the 14mm Sandcastle works so good, it's a big inspiration in doing a 14mm injector.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus

There's also a larger version for 19mm bowls, with a few other differences that's basically done too.

But I think I'm wanting to work on the smaller one for 14mm bowls first, based on some theories I've been piecing together.

For a number of reasons - One being that I don't really vape fat bowls that much anymore, I find once I get over a (rather small in reality) threshold dose the harshness goes way up. I'd rather snap one and reload than suffocate myself these days. One of the worst things I think is vaping at an excessively high temperature because there's not enough surface area to get the desired extraction at more comfortable temperatures. That's basically the difference between a good and a great vape. The 1.7 is capable of smaller doses pretty well but the 14mm Sandcastle works so good, it's a big inspiration in doing a 14mm injector.
I'll grab one of these to replace that quartz thing

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@invertedisdead Had one heater cover for my logs done with those tornado discs, but instead of the intake ,it was on the way out and it made herb fyling in the bowl like the Dnail Lotus,lol.. and it kind of makes a mess,but the bowl is not small either.Air swirling is great for thermal transfer,but maybe it is best if straigtens up on the way out :). Looking forward to your impressions ,as i have given up ideas involving custom glass at the time :).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead Had one heater cover for my logs done with those tornado discs, but instead of the intake ,it was on the way out and it made herb fyling in the bowl like the Dnail Lotus,lol.. and it kind of makes a mess,but the bowl is not small either.Air swirling is great for thermal transfer,but maybe it is best if straigtens up on the way out :). Looking forward to your impressions ,as i have given up ideas involving custom glass at the time :).

I know exactly what you’re saying cause I’ve had the same experiences every time I induced noticeable vortex flow in an herb chamber. A lot of manufacturers have claimed to vortex the flow in the bowl but my experience is the same as yours, herb flying everywhere, had one design that would char/micro-combust when it hits the heating element flying around the bowl. To truly induce prominent vortices in the bowl I think you need a top screen, like the Volcano, to sandwich the herb down.

On this one the outlet is just like the inlet, a continuous multi-start helix designed to take advantage of converting that rotational energy / torque into heat transfer. I was thinking it might straighten out by the time air exits the outlets to travel down the shortened joint, but without being a “mather” some of this stuff is hard for me to predict without just trying it.

It’s definitely nice to hear your feedback, I was thinking to myself yesterday, dang, I’ve been to funerals that went over better than this one 😑

I feel you on the custom glass, unfortunately all of my ideas that aren’t made of glass don’t seem to get too much interest. I don’t even mind building stuff for myself, that’s totally how this thread started, but after working other angles of this industry I’ve always wanted to bring a real product to market to see what that’s like. Not sure that’s even really that possible in the desktop niche now. I’m starting to think that dry herb vaping is actually less popular now due to legalization. Basically thinking that a lot of reasons why people used to buy vapes is actually gone. That’s an angle I never anticipated, in fact I always assumed the opposite would happen.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I know exactly what you’re saying cause I’ve had the same experiences every time I induced noticeable vortex flow in an herb chamber. A lot of manufacturers have claimed to vortex the flow in the bowl but my experience is the same as yours, herb flying everywhere, had one design that would char/micro-combust when it hits the heating element flying around the bowl. To truly induce prominent vortices in the bowl I think you need a top screen, like the Volcano, to sandwich the herb down.

On this one the outlet is just like the inlet, a continuous multi-start helix designed to take advantage of converting that rotational energy / torque into heat transfer. I was thinking it might straighten out by the time air exits the outlets to travel down the shortened joint, but without being a “mather” some of this stuff is hard for me to predict without just trying it.

It’s definitely nice to hear your feedback, I was thinking to myself yesterday, dang, I’ve been to funerals that went over better than this one 😑

I feel you on the custom glass, unfortunately all of my ideas that aren’t made of glass don’t seem to get too much interest. I don’t even mind building stuff for myself, that’s totally how this thread started, but after working other angles of this industry I’ve always wanted to bring a real product to market to see what that’s like. Not sure that’s even really that possible in the desktop niche now. I’m starting to think that dry herb vaping is actually less popular now due to legalization. Basically thinking that a lot of reasons why people used to buy vapes is actually gone. That’s an angle I never anticipated, in fact I always assumed the opposite would happen.
SOME people buy vapes for stealth but they usually get a pax. I'm seems like most who actually will do research and find products like yours and the CH stuff will be the people that care about vapor quality, taste, and all that which you put into your designs

Vaporware

I considered asking more about it since I didn’t even see a mention of the material you’re using (I’m guessing maybe ceramic?), but the info was I thought intentionally minimal so I just gave it a like and waited to see what you had to say once you had samples to try.

I know it’s easy to interpret the low level of interaction as a low level of interest, but I think most of us are just waiting for more info! :popcorn:

I get it though…I’m working on what I believe is a very important project (not vaporizer related) and I’m really struggling to get people’s interest or even brief attention. It’s pretty damned frustrating and demoralizing… :disgust:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I considered asking more about it since I didn’t even see a mention of the material you’re using (I’m guessing maybe ceramic?), but the info was I thought intentionally minimal so I just gave it a like and waited to see what you had to say once you had samples to try.

I know it’s easy to interpret the low level of interaction as a low level of interest, but I think most of us are just waiting for more info! :popcorn:

I get it though…I’m working on what I believe is a very important project (not vaporizer related) and I’m really struggling to get people’s interest or even brief attention. It’s pretty damned frustrating and demoralizing… :disgust:

Yeah that’s my bad, I shouldn’t expect people to read my mind, I guess just posting these things sometimes makes me feel a little nervous; so I never really know what to say. Not really the best at “putting myself out there” so to speak.

I guess there’s no reason to hide what’s inside, it’s pretty simple anyways.
These are going to be made of 316L stainless steel. The high density should keep temperatures stable with the high mass that everyone likes. The density of stainless steel is ~twice that of titanium, so in half the thickness I have relatively the same mass.

This vape seeks to improve on some of the drawbacks of ball vapes by substantially increasing the contact area between the housing and the spiral core.

This model uses a friction fit coil like the 1.7, but without any of the potential durability issues. There is now a retaining ring up top so that the vape can only come out of the coil from the bottom, with zero potential of it falling out of the coil while hot. This is more in line with how the original InV1 was designed, only downsized to 16MM/14MM.

70-BF7-BA1-FB22-46-E3-950-C-336-E029-C792-E.jpg

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Yeah that’s my bad, I shouldn’t expect people to read my mind, I guess just posting these things sometimes makes me feel a little nervous; so I never really know what to say. Not really the best at “putting myself out there” so to speak.

These are going to be made of 316L stainless steel. The high density should keep temperatures stable with the high mass that everyone likes. The density of stainless steel is ~twice that of titanium, so in half the thickness I have relatively the same mass.

This vape seeks to improve on some of the drawbacks of ball vapes by substantially increasing the contact area between the housing and the spiral core.

This model uses a friction fit coil like the 1.7, but without any of the potential durability issues. There is now a retaining ring up top so that the vape can only come out of the coil from the bottom, with zero potential of it falling out of the coil while hot. This is more in line with how the original InV1 was designed, only downsized to 16MM/14MM.

this looks pretty dope to me

Vaporware

Sounds good man! I’ve worked on some designs for cooling that were very similar, and some for heaters that were not too dissimilar. I think it should work well!

I’m a little unsure about how it will work with so much turbulence in the output, but unless your software can do a lot of simulations of heat and fluid dynamics you’ll probably just have to get a prototype and see!

If it causes problems, something as simple as a short section of a plate with a bunch of holes in it could be enough to straighten it out.

…on the other hand, capping my VRod with a 1 hole cap and drawing fast seems to blow dry flower away from one side of the bowl, so it might need a little more to really straighten out the flow… :sherlock:

You know one of the things I’m most interested in is heaters made of quartz/ceramic/etc., but most of what I use is metal so obviously it’s not a deal breaker for me. :)

jasp3r

have you thought about implementing the principles of laminar flow? I think you could have something really special. Perhaps also a 20mm coil design or 25mm. Break the mold!

Last edited:

Hippie

I like the idea - and always thought the Herborizer heater would be better if the channels were cut at an angle or spiralled to increase the surface area and contact with the heat, like your design
I wasn't expecting it to kick up the bowl the way you guys are describing tho (altho I have actually witnessed a Volcano spit out a bowl once lol) but that could be a positive if you can get in under control.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sounds good man! I’ve worked on some designs for cooling that were very similar, and some for heaters that were not too dissimilar. I think it should work well!

I’m a little unsure about how it will work with so much turbulence in the output, but unless your software can do a lot of simulations of heat and fluid dynamics you’ll probably just have to get a prototype and see!

If it causes problems, something as simple as a short section of a plate with a bunch of holes in it could be enough to straighten it out.

…on the other hand, capping my VRod with a 1 hole cap and drawing fast seems to blow dry flower away from one side of the bowl, so it might need a little more to really straighten out the flow… :sherlock:

You know one of the things I’m most interested in is heaters made of quartz/ceramic/etc., but most of what I use is metal so obviously it’s not a deal breaker for me. :)

I decided to just order the prototype, I’m not near good enough at math to do those simulations. 😋

If there’s too much rotational energy on the exit perhaps a diffuser could be added, as you mentioned.

Actually if you inverted the pitch of the outlet that might revert the vortex flow - sort of how the collective pitch on a helicopter rotor works.

I still hope to do some more glass and ceramic stuff in the future, I had my ceramic Dyna stem idea, the Quad Core; but that’s been getting some redesigns too.

I figure for now I’m just going to try and do some new stuff and get it off the drawing board.

have you thought about implementing the principles of laminar flow? I think you could have something really special. Perhaps also a 20mm coil design or 25mm. Break the mold!

I’ve been focusing more on turbulence based designs for faster heat transfer and more compact heaters, but if there’s something you had in mind I would definitely consider it.

My last desktop prototype I made a few months ago was 20mm, but I could extrapolate this one to a 20mm coil for 19mm bowls. I already have an alternate version cued up for larger bowls, but after seeing how much people value efficiency from trying a recent new vape release, it prompted more experiments to consider this 14mm bowl injector.

This video was from a recent experiment using just a 14-10 reducer as a bowl paired with my 20mm prototype desktop I made in December. With a 14mm bowl I‘d get much more herb capacity, while still taking advantage of that supercharged heating capability.

I like the idea - and always thought the Herborizer heater would be better if the channels were cut at an angle or spiralled to increase the surface area and contact with the heat, like your design
I wasn't expecting it to kick up the bowl the way you guys are describing tho (altho I have actually witnessed a Volcano spit out a bowl once lol) but that could be a positive if you can get in under control.

I sometimes wonder if the flavor praise from the Herbo is actually due to not having a gigantic amount of surface area. Theoretically you could get more of a graduating temp climb that way, compared to having massive surface area that might “compress” the hit, but IDK, just an idea.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just a few more weeks out for InVerzion2..... 🥳🥳🥳

Made a bunch of alterations to the last posted design, so that it more closely follows my original InV2 concept I started in 2020. The last rendering I posted in here is realistically a better fit for my log concept. InV2 will thus continue the existing lineage to advance the “injector” sector.

InVerzion2 is constructed from 100% medical grade 316L stainless steel.

Extensive time and consideration over the last three years of research and development has gone into producing a new desktop heater absolutely free of any moving parts.

InVerzion2 borrows on “Sandcastle Technology” (SCVW) for 100% fully fused construction. This not only improves the safety factor, it fundamentally increases the heat transfer by allowing a fluid electron flow across the entire heated surface area.

In addition, a substantially massive increase in contact area has been implemented. One of the main flaws of ball vapes is that spheres have poor contact area between each other and their housing (on a microscopic level they barely touch each other) - this stagnates heat transfer. By systematically increasing the contact area, like drag racers switching to a wider tire, we immediately see instant performance gains. Faster heatup times, faster recovery, and more stable temperature curves.

The new heat exchange surface structure has been completely revised for the next generation of connoisseur performance expectations. Not just a gigantic increase in heated surface area, but also more turbulent mixing via both surface nucleation and heat transfer augmentation.

Everything has been optimized and constructed using the same software and manufacturing processes as bleeding edge Formula One racing components. 🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎

InV2 features an extra focus on conservation efficiency and rapid extraction, thus has been designed to fit natively into globally sourced 14mm glass adapters, and uses standard 16MM XLR barrel coils.

It is of course possible that an even heavier, larger 18mm bowl / variant could be introduced.

If you’re still following along this far down I sincerely appreciate you for sticking around! I hope you can see all the dedication that has went in to this project.

Also, a new ordering mechanism has been devised to compensate for supply chain breaks and ensure that people are not left out. It will basically be like small batch pre-orders, reservation slots will be confirmed and pre-paid, but the turnaround time will be around 2 weeks or less.

This guarantees a heat filter for you, while reducing my needs to store inventory.

InV2 heat filters will be available to purchase for $309

Coiled options pre-fitted with a reputable 16MM coil will also be available.

Thanks all and have a great week.
🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Also, a new ordering mechanism has been devised to compensate for supply chain breaks and ensure that people are not left out. It will basically be like small batch pre-orders, reservation slots will be confirmed and pre-paid, but the turnaround time will be around 2 weeks or less.

This guarantees a heat filter for you, while reducing my needs to store inventory.

InV2 heat filters will be available to purchase for $309
Sounds like time to lose the 'Discontinued' label?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I'm so excited. I've been using the 1.7 lately a lot and it rocks. I was super busy and hadn't really dialed it in. Now I have and I love it. The weight is wonderful and it tastes ------ super. I'm definitely in for the new one but I'll need to be it pre-setup. My DIY skills are ok for Ti but not glass!!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm so excited. I've been using the 1.7 lately a lot and it rocks. I was super busy and hadn't really dialed it in. Now I have and I love it. The weight is wonderful and it tastes ------ super. I'm definitely in for the new one but I'll need to be it pre-setup. My DIY skills are ok for Ti but not glass!!!

That's excellent to hear you're enjoying the 1.7!! I always like to hear feedback on these. 😊

I'm definitely going to offer some InV2's already setup with a coil, though the new InV2 is made from 100% medical grade stainless steel, so it won't have any of the potential weak points that the Quartz / glass 1.X series had. It was important to me that the setup process be more confidence inspiring and secure - so there's a few new features to help accomplish that.

Expecting to receive final samples tomorrow, once they're evaluated I'm going to start offering InV2 for ordering.
Getting excited for this one to get out there!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That's excellent to hear you're enjoying the 1.7!! I always like to hear feedback on these. 😊

I'm definitely going to offer some InV2's already setup with a coil, though the new InV2 is made from 100% medical grade stainless steel, so it won't have any of the potential weak points that the Quartz / glass 1.X series had. It was important to me that the setup process be more confidence inspiring and secure - so there's a few new features to help accomplish that.

Expecting to receive final samples tomorrow, once they're evaluated I'm going to start offering InV2 for ordering.
Getting excited for this one to get out there!
Good the hear about the develpment. To be honest SS is one of my favorite materials ,i just like the shine of it and also the heat wave colors on it, and prefer it over Ti anyday :)).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Good the hear about the develpment. To be honest SS is one of my favorite materials ,i just like the shine of it and also the heat wave colors on it, and prefer it over Ti anyday :)).

Cheers friend!

Yeah, one of the main reasons I opted for stainless steel over titanium in this case is for its much higher density; that additional mass in the same volume will go to increase the temperature stability.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty

I like to find the lowest temp that gets extraction going in seconds. For me that’s the sweet spot for my draw. I agree with your thoughts on this.

Also, I’d keep some of the sauce quiet until you start selling the product. In any space it’s the idea that’s valuable and you should protect it until you are ready to share and earn some financial reward!!

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hopefully the test pieces will arrive safe and sound. I liked the picture teasing the injector. I assume that’s the injector without the coil installed. Can’t wait. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So after testing through the weekend I've decided to squeeze in one more quick revision to adjust the airflow before releasing these into the wild. It will probably be another week or two to get the sample. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Hopefully the test pieces will arrive safe and sound. I liked the picture teasing the injector. I assume that’s the injector without the coil installed. Can’t wait. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Yes sir that's the new 16MM head!
Thanks a lot for the kind words and continued interest, hope to get these buttoned up ASAP!!

Top Bottom