Phase3 Vaporizers

Vaporware

Billy Blaze here with InVersion Vaporizers. Today we’re showing folks the amazing power of our hot balls!

billy mayes GIF

arb

Semi shaved ape
One funny attempt was with a radiant oven style heater and I didn't have a screen in the heater housing because I wanted to keep it glass, especially with those higher heater temps for radiation; but small herb bits would fly around and hit the sidewalls of the housing and combust! A bottom screen easily remedies it, but it reminds me too much of the EQ Cyclone bowl, which most people switched out.

I will have to study up more on induction flow, but after some reading, I'm curious about how a tumble flow would perform...

maxresdefault.jpg

Only issue with a middle hole would be preventing blockage from a round ball falling into it and clogging it. That was kind of the idea behind the side vents is to help negate that.

:rofl::rofl: you are right that it has gotten kind of complicated. Which is weird as I'm more of a minimalist kind of guy!

I figure they can close off the end of a tube, then blow out the bottom to round it out like making a round bottom flask, and then the exhaust slits could be cold worked with a saw, and the inlet holes would have to be CNCd. But yeah, it’s not super simple, but it also doesn’t seem like much more work than the current one I’ve been using.

It definitely could be going that route, I’ve been thinking about it for almost a year trying to work out a few issues with the idea, but I think most of them are figured out now. After scrapping my original glass “turbine screen” idea from my first prototype, I’ve since been entertaining ways to achieve equal performance or better while eliminating the beads since the glass screen is tricky to make.

So yes! A full ceramic (Maybe SiC) or sapphire heater from me is definitely a possibility I have been giving strong attention to.

At the minimum, I’m glad you liked my pitch!
And I see you’re not a big believer in the “all things come to those who wait” mantra!

Me neither 😅

That's the spirit! :wave:

I’m Glob Vila, and we’ll see you next time, on another episode of This Old Vape. :science:
Glob filla more like it.
😁

Shadooz

Only issue with a middle hole would be preventing blockage from a round ball falling into it and clogging it. That was kind of the idea behind the side vents is to help negate that.
That's where the terp ball size will have to be right chosen, for the middle hole to be between three terps ball.
Or three middle holes around one middle terp ball...
Or Maybe 6mm terp ball at the bottom, and then smaller one upper.

Those are the tricky decisions

As the width of the [exhaust holes pattern], which must fit a 14mm bowl width. Still can funelling a bit the 14mm if the pattern is too large

But u have not answered about my bowl question and screen mesh fitting ?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's where the terp ball size will have to be right chosen, for the middle hole to be between three terps ball.
Or three middle holes around one middle terp ball...
Or Maybe 6mm terp ball at the bottom, and then smaller one upper.

Those are the tricky decisions

As the width of the [exhaust holes pattern], which must fit a 14mm bowl width. Still can funelling a bit the 14mm if the pattern is too large

But u have not answered about my bowl question and screen mesh fitting ?

6MM pearls wouldn't fit through the Pearl Loading Hole though unless it was changed. It always comes back to the same issue - these pearls are very effective, but holding them in a housing just with glass work is pretty tricky to do.
Really my original prototype with turbine screen was the closest at achieving that. Pondering all potentials, one could isolate the concentricity issues of that early design by going to internal heating. For example the Pearl loading hole could alternatively be fitted with a cartridge heater. That was another idea I had considered. However 710coils has tall 20mm in stock right now, so coils are currently available for this vape design again, which was one of the main delays with my project. That's why I asked if anybody really wanted one currently, as now might be the closest to getting one, before I go off the deep end 😲😲😁

I'm a little bummed out this morning, having lost a half ounce to a broken jar yesterday....... 😭 Only had like one nug out of the whole jar 😭

The 14mm bowl was just an idea, I don't think anyone really liked it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good idea. I can still hold an easy .15g in a 14mm adapter. I haven't been able to get any current InVerzion vaporizers connected to one to try though. Anyways no, the screen doesnt fall out every time you knock the bowl out, that would be kind of annoying; That's why my "Vapor Coin" idea got canned. It was like a glass Vapor Genie style disc insert to turn any glass adapter into a vaporizer. A little novelty, but again, with this "vape ban" Orwellian-dystopia, novelty vapes might become relevant again 😴 Anyways I have a sticky brick screen in my 14mm Sandcastle, and my 18mm uses a basket made from a Volcano screen, or I use 100u SS screens from eBay, I think they are 3/4" - which is like 19mm.

And for my next trick, we may need a femtosecond laser..... ☺️☺️
Now that's what I call "end game!"

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Glass vapor genie = Verglow Vaporizer :)))
If anyone is willing on to sucking some torch exhaust ,look for black leaf fit screens they got various sizes ,lol :))
1620313569102.png

Abysmal Vapor

Not as much as Glass vapor genie = Glass Vapor Genie!

Daniel Day Lewis Nod GIF by hero0fwar
I am familiar with the VG line ,but his idea sounded like Verglow is what i meant .
"" That's why my "Vapor Coin" idea got canned. It was like a glass Vapor Genie style disc""
VaporGenie = SiC foam Verglow = Glass foam

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
14mm is lame keep the bowl 18!
😁
Sell me a vape dude........you have plenty of people holding their wallets out.
If you're cereal shoot me a pm and I will shoot you some coin.
👍

I appreciate you!

Glass vapor genie = Verglow Vaporizer :)))
If anyone is willing on to sucking some torch exhaust ,look for black leaf fit screens they got various sizes ,lol :))
View attachment 7747

Haha that’s funny, as they say, “nothing new under the sun” 🌞

My idea was more like a wafered capillary tube than a fritted disk though, as I mentioned a couple posts back, a few manufacturers I’ve spoken with advise not to torch glass frit. I was assuming that’s why VG opted for silicon carbide was the increased durability. Now-a-days it’s considered biocompatible.

I did MacGyver a VG style vape once from a Mighty water pipe adapter though 😂😂

Abysmal Vapor

@invertedisdead It is funny how touchy are VG to selling just the stones . I think a few users have DIYed a VG with a Healthstone.
Cleardome was of the first glass flame filters out there.
1620317983654.png
1620317795336.png

Last edited:

Vaporware

I am familiar with the VG line ,but his idea sounded like Verglow is what i meant .
"" That's why my "Vapor Coin" idea got canned. It was like a glass Vapor Genie style disc""
VaporGenie = SiC foam Verglow = Glass foam

I thought you would know it! I don’t think anyone here knows about more vaporizer models than you. I just had to say it because I thought it was funny. :cheers:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead It is funny how touchy are VG to selling just the stones . I think a few users have DIYed a VG with a Healthstone.
Cleardome was of the first glass flame filters out there.
View attachment 7749
View attachment 7748

That’s sick, love the heady vapes!! Is the Clear Dome a single hole diffuser? I made a simple glass flame filter style vape a while back fooling around with on demand ideas; but I agree with your premise that a directly heated butane torch powered vape is a little hard to consider a true “all glass path”

Spooling up 🐌

Shadooz

14mm is lame keep the bowl 18!
😁

18mm are good for CBD or accustoming fucked up...
Large bong are shits to use frequently, (and i was used to them...) It's Even worse for New comers..

I will definitly not give my mom a 18mm bong, so only 18mm will keep that vape away from reasonable medication...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just so we're all on the same page, I was mentioning the idea of a 14mm size at the top of the bowl, as something more narrow. Sort of how the SV3 uses a narrow bowl with a high surface area heater.

Everything I've used thus far has been 14mm on the bottom joint, which I agree is easier to fit 18mm glass with a reducer than sizing up.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
18mm are good for CBD or accustoming fucked up...
Large bong are shits to use frequently, (and i was used to them...) It's Even worse for New comers..

I will definitly not give my mom a 18mm bong, so only 18mm will keep that vape away from reasonable medication...
I mean, I feel like there is a *bit* of overgeneralization, here :) As an old medical patient who has used cannabis for about a year, I'm starting to wonder if they make bowls and vapes in other standard scientific sizes. Who out there is making 24/40s? I mean seriously :rofl:

Also, on the large water piece side. I listened to you old farts talking about "use the smallest water piece you can get or just go dry, man, it's way better!" So, I got the teeniest water piece I could find. Pretty cool, but didn't really help the old throat and lungs much. So I bought a MegaGlobe (pretty cool til I spasmed and dropped it), and it turns out that isn't really large enough to handle the frequency and amount of vapor I'm pulling.

So, I followed ye olde "get a small water piece with a 10mm joint, *maybe* a 14mm if you're an old pro" advice, and now I just keep buying bigger and bigger glass and ever more powerful convection vapes...

I got a Buddy Y from OGB, so I figure I'll get one of those 4 foot Goo Roo bongs from Portland and then hook up the DiTanium and DC-Elev8r and really get down to business.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Who out there is making 24/40s? I mean seriously :rofl:

The Glass Symphony used a 24/40, I think the Verdamper does too! 🤗
My entire vape is not much bigger than that 40mm joint!

Heavy hitting desktops can definitely benefit from a larger water piece, I used to use a big Ameican Helix beaker a lot, but I'd say I'm due for a new glass piece myself 😋

The glass guys are so busy with dab rigs, that it can be kinda hard to find a killer flower tube. A dualie thru a 4 footer should do the trick I'd say!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I mean, I feel like there is a *bit* of overgeneralization, here :) As an old medical patient who has used cannabis for about a year, I'm starting to wonder if they make bowls and vapes in other standard scientific sizes. Who out there is making 24/40s? I mean seriously :rofl:

Also, on the large water piece side. I listened to you old farts talking about "use the smallest water piece you can get or just go dry, man, it's way better!" So, I got the teeniest water piece I could find. Pretty cool, but didn't really help the old throat and lungs much. So I bought a MegaGlobe (pretty cool til I spasmed and dropped it), and it turns out that isn't really large enough to handle the frequency and amount of vapor I'm pulling.

So, I followed ye olde "get a small water piece with a 10mm joint, *maybe* a 14mm if you're an old pro" advice, and now I just keep buying bigger and bigger glass and ever more powerful convection vapes...

I got a Buddy Y from OGB, so I figure I'll get one of those 4 foot Goo Roo bongs from Portland and then hook up the DiTanium and DC-Elev8r and really get down to business.
I like big bongs and I cannot lie and love my 29" beaker from goo roo.

Shadooz

now I just keep buying bigger and bigger glass and ever more powerful convection vapes...
Bigger have that increased volume and lungs stress.
Pleura detachment, pneumothorax, is not wanted... for unused weak old lungs...

I'm throat sensitive but get smaller and smaller with powerfull desktop

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
With the inV1.6 ?
That's an even abv, and i like to see u back to the light side ;)

I'm currently running the most recent Quartz housing (V1.4) in a "Graduated Pearl" arrangement: 6MM > 4MM > 3MM. This changes the velocity and airflow profile a bit over a traditional packing.

The rendering posted for InV1.7 actually skips over a few versions that were never posted. Technically there has been four generations of prototypes made and a few more concepts in between. I skipped to 1.7 to signify the 7 holes.

Top Bottom