• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey there @invertedisdead !

Ever since I got into enails for dabs I've been playing around with DIY enail flower vapes. I remember turning a titanium nail into basically a flowerpot. That's what made me eventually splurge on a flowerpot, since I loved the whole concept enough to want one professionally made. I always played around with the idea in my head about an enail based glass heater, and ever since the SSV mod came about I wondered about using pearls as well. Never more than a thought in my head tho, so its really cool seeing you actually making something similar, and how well it actually works!

Just curious- why not make it an 18mm female attachment? That way it can connect to am 18mm male adapter with a basket screen load, or joint load. This would also bring the heater a lot closer to the herb I would think. It would also make dosing a lot easier.

You've inspired me to actually play around with some ideas, but I have no idea where to get terp pearls that are not around $10 a peice. Lol I have some cheap 6mm quartz pearls, but they're probably too big.

One more thing. I was looking at an 18mm old style glass bowl from New Vape... wouldn't that make a good one? 20mm coil fits nice (3 wrap) right under where it gets fatter after the joint, and would just need to be tightened a little at the bottom wrap. Fill it with pearls, and cap with a basket sceen - then if it gets hot enough, you could do dabs on top of the glass screen! :D not sure it is enough mass tho. Maybe some more beads can go in the bowl, and then the bowl capped with a domed screen or something...

Anyway, I really like where you've taken the whole enail glass heater adapter idea... i definitely wouldn't have thought to use a whip adapter - pretty genius way to trap the heat more for sure, but also to help stabilize the coil.

Cheers!

Thank you for the kind words!

So when it comes to female joints: in the original design, female joints weren't used because the outer diameter on a 19/22F is larger than the 20mm coil which slips on from below. If I do decide to revert to a coil-on-top design (my very first, original e-nail vape design was actually a coil-on-top) a female joint could definitely be implemented, and would bring the herb closer to the heat source, though I do think I prefer the male to female glass aesthetic. Conversely, I do like the female joint in something like the LSV where the glass is fully recessed, that looks super clean. But so far I've opted for the classic M-F since this is an "open kitchen" experience type of vape!

Now if I did a CNC milled design (considered, there's a few great benefits to that approach too; but the costs would goes up for sure) I could recess a female joint taper, maybe even inside something like this 1 piece vape design with built in coil shroud/shield like this rendering I had shown to @lazylathe

Imagine this, but with no joint sticking out below, then you could just plop that heater head on a M-M + basket screen and it would look pretty sick! :science:

image.jpg

Yeah this design is a little "ornamental," 🎄 I was trying to add some bling!

One way which has been mentioned in this thread to bring the greenery closer to the heat source in the male-female configuration is to shorten the male joint and move the screen closer up, or even lodging the screen in the joint. This was another feature on my original design hanging on my wall that somehow got overlooked completely during my prototyping. Originally I was thinking in that direction just to not make the bowl so deep (an issue with some vapes that use glass bowls) but additionally it seems to improve the experience in a few other ways.

Which Newvape bowl are you referring to, is it this one? If so, the biggest problem with that is the long gap from the body to the end of the joint.

SIpipes-Honeycomb-Cool-Touch-Glass-Screen-Bowl-Male.jpg

Cheers to all,

:leaf:

arb

Semi shaved ape

So when it comes to female joints: in the original design, female joints weren't used because the outer diameter on a 19/22F is larger than the 20mm coil which slips on from below. If I do decide to revert to a coil-on-top design (my very first, original e-nail vape design was actually a coil-on-top) a female joint could definitely be implemented, and would bring the herb closer to the heat source, though I do think I prefer the male to female glass aesthetic. Conversely, I do like the female joint in something like the LSV where the glass is fully recessed, that looks super clean. But so far I've opted for the classic M-F since this is an "open kitchen" experience type of vape!

Now if I did a CNC milled design (considered, there's a few great benefits to that approach too; but the costs would goes up for sure) I could recess a female joint taper, maybe even inside something like this 1 piece vape design with built in coil shroud/shield like this rendering I had shown to @lazylathe

Imagine this, but with no joint sticking out below, then you could just plop that heater head on a M-M + basket screen and it would look pretty sick! :science:

image.jpg

One way which has been mentioned in this thread to bring the greenery closer to the heat source in the male-female configuration is to shorten the male joint and move the screen closer up, or even lodging the screen in the joint. This was another feature on my original design hanging on my wall that somehow got overlooked completely during my prototyping. Originally I was thinking in that direction just to not make the bowl so deep (an issue with some vapes that use glass bowls) but additionally it seems to improve the experience in a few other ways.

Which Newvape bowl are you referring to, is it this one? If so, the biggest problem with that is the long gap from the body to the end of the joint.

Cheers to all,

I think that it would be so totally cool if you made me one and took my money.
I know you say not ready,bugs need ironing out but I sure would like to try it.
😇

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I really appreciate all the continued enthusiasm, that means a lot!

That said, I feel more confident than ever that R&D > Speed to market

Granted, that's not exactly how we were taught in business school, but I resonate on a different perspective: better products make the best businesses.

Why even race when the turtle always wins?

🐢............................................................. 🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

Arbornaut

image.jpg

Cheers to all,

Thanks for the reply and all the info! That all makes a lot of sense, and very cool designs!
Those aren't the bowls I meant. They are identical to the ones sold on dhgate, ill link if thats allowed.

I was thinking 4mm pearls packed into the 18mm male joint up until the glass screen - the coil could possibly cup the bowl underneath the arm where it tapers out a bit, and heat the pearls inside. It would fit just between where the joint connection ends and the bottom of the bowl. Not sure if it would fit enough terp pearls to do the trick tho, but maybe the thick glass screen would hold some heat too.

Anyway just a random thought when I looked at it after seeing this post. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for the reply and all the info! That all makes a lot of sense, and very cool designs!
Those aren't the bowls I meant. They are identical to the ones sold on dhgate, ill link if thats allowed.

I was thinking 4mm pearls packed into the 18mm male joint up until the glass screen - the coil could possibly cup the bowl underneath the arm where it tapers out a bit, and heat the pearls inside. It would fit just between where the joint connection ends and the bottom of the bowl. Not sure if it would fit enough terp pearls to do the trick tho, but maybe the thick glass screen would hold some heat too.

Anyway just a random thought when I looked at it after seeing this post. :)

That looks like the same glass screen as the Elev8r bowl, I do like that glass screen, I think they are making it with a mould? I think the biggest issue in that scenario you described would just be achieving good contact between the coil and the glass if trying to fit the coil onto a taper.

Joint packed pearls was one of those things that seemed really great on paper (3x the heated surface area!) but did not work at all in my vaporizer, zero vapor. Once you cross a certain threshold of pearl count it starts turning into a heatsink more than a heater. That's caused from the low conductivity of the glass housing; you want to keep your pearls within the relative "hot zone" of the coil to minimize that effect. That's why my original Sapphire Evaporator layout with the coil arm on top was chosen after a lot of consideration so that the pearls would end where the coil sits, at the hottest part of the vaporizer, and would conduct heat upwards inside the "oven" to heat soak the interior.

Happy toasting! :science:

Arbornaut

That looks like the same glass screen as the Elev8r bowl, I do like that glass screen, I think they are making it with a mould? I think the biggest issue in that scenario you described would just be achieving good contact between the coil and the glass if trying to fit the coil onto a taper.

Joint packed pearls was one of those things that seemed really great on paper (3x the heated surface area!) but did not work at all in my vaporizer, zero vapor. Once you cross a certain threshold of pearl count it starts turning into a heatsink more than a heater. That's caused from the low conductivity of the glass housing; you want to keep your pearls within the relative "hot zone" of the coil to minimize that effect. That's why my original Sapphire Evaporator layout with the coil arm on top was chosen after a lot of consideration so that the pearls would end where the coil sits, at the hottest part of the vaporizer, and would conduct heat upwards inside the "oven" to heat soak the interior.

Happy toasting! :science:

Great points and that is actually something I've thought about. Glass pearls south of the heater towards the load would just act like cooling pearls in a glass mouthpiece in a way. You really want them storing heat north of the heater where the heat rises. I totally get that. My thinking was having the heater concentrated around where the balls are, and then above that is the glass screen, which would store heat similar to a bunch of balls laying flat above the heater/coil. The balls could be held up towards to coil using a basket screen. Still not sure if it would end up being enough glass mass to work well enough. Honestly tho something "like" that would be awesome... i just like the idea of having a surface to potentially dab onto, so its literally a "glass flowerpot"... that'd have me drooling for sure. Lol

Cheers!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Great points and that is actually something I've thought about. Glass pearls south of the heater towards the load would just act like cooling pearls in a glass mouthpiece in a way. You really want them storing heat north of the heater where the heat rises. I totally get that. My thinking was having the heater concentrated around where the balls are, and then above that is the glass screen, which would store heat similar to a bunch of balls laying flat above the heater/coil. The balls could be held up towards to coil using a basket screen. Still not sure if it would end up being enough glass mass to work well enough. Honestly tho something "like" that would be awesome... i just like the idea of having a surface to potentially dab onto, so its literally a "glass flowerpot"... that'd have me drooling for sure. Lol

Cheers!

Yeah the glass top definitely helps insulate heat inside the oven versus using just a basket screen on top, it also adds additional surface area to conduct onto the pearls from above which I believe helps evenly heat the pearls at the top that are furthest from the heat source. My very first sapphire powered convection vape was the Evo On A Stick build (in the DIY section) which was a glass male-to-male adapter filled with sapphire beads and capped with basket screens, definitely works! I like the idea of the additional security of the fused glass lid though.

The homie @nonamekevin had a really sweet concept built for an all-in-one glass vape with dab capabilities! There's a thread in the DIY section with photos of his, definitely check that out!

Biggest drawback about a dab dish or dabbing above a convection heater like the Flowerpots (I believe Ditanium as well) is you end up funneling that concentrate vapor through the convection heat exchanger which reheats the vapor (actually doing what the Sublimator claims to do) which tends to negatively affect the flavor in my experience.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
With the InV1 currently in pieces, I’ve been forced to use some of my other vape builds...
Here's one I finished a few months ago: had some plans for further production-ready development to finish the concept: but despite outstanding vapor quality, this vape doesn't quite fit my "big picture" criteria, so it's very possible this will be released as an open source DIY for the vapor community.

I do believe, quite firmly, that this is currently the most powerful vaporizer on the planet. It could easily vape 4x as much herb per bowl as this video if you wanted to.

Get Inverted! 🙃 🙃

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Could be friction powered?
💡

Hydroelectricity.

It's completely on-demand and legitimately ready to use as soon as the water starts flowing, This design is only made possible by an extremely small water wheel, 3D printed from a cutting edge metallized composite ceramic to substantially reduce rotational mass and eliminate the need for extraneous rotors typically used to transfer kinetic energy into mechanical. What makes this design different is it bypasses that middle step, instead transferring kinetic energy directly into electrical, which greatly increases throughput efficiencies when powering the vaporizer.

That powers a USA sourced and certified, Grade 1 Titanium woven filament which has been mechanically contoured around an electrically conductive toroidal crucible: this yields a TCR controlled electrical input containing an interior magnetic field capable of heating the botanicals with a combination of conduction/convection/electromagnetic radiation, simultaneously charging the particles for rapid, and essentially instant extraction of thermo-sensitive volatile biocompounds.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Hydroelectricity.

It's completely on-demand and legitimately ready to use as soon as the water starts flowing, This design is only made possible by an extremely small water wheel, 3D printed from a cutting edge metallized composite ceramic to substantially reduce rotational mass and eliminate the need for extraneous rotors typically used to transfer kinetic energy into mechanical. What makes this design different is it bypasses that middle step, instead transferring kinetic energy directly into electrical, which greatly increases throughput efficiencies when powering the vaporizer.

That powers a USA sourced and certified, Grade 1 Titanium woven filament which has been mechanically contoured around an electrically conductive toroidal crucible: this yields a TCR controlled electrical input containing an interior magnetic field capable of heating the botanicals with a combination of conduction/convection/electromagnetic radiation, simultaneously charging the particles for rapid, and essentially instant extraction of thermo-sensitive volatile biocompounds.
Do you hold it under the sink,pee on it,what turns the wheel?
🤔
Why not a steam powered turbine driven by a candle?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you hold it under the sink,pee on it,what turns the wheel?
🤔
Why not a steam powered turbine driven by a candle?

Here’s the thing @arb

I realized that this whole distinction between “desktop” and “portable” was a far too binary way of looking at things, and I’m frankly tired of the outdated viewpoints in this industry.

People think they want one or the other, when in reality, they NEED both. So that’s what I’m offering people: True versatility. As far as I can see both butane and battery powered vaporizers are completely obsolete. Why continue to support depleting fossil fuels, or the global environmental impact of battery recycling when you could simply turn on the sink for a hit? Literally any source of moving water is sufficient to power this.

I really didn’t plan on posting this on here because it’s hard to say if other commercial interests are reading this thread, but I’ve already been testing a deluxe version for some time now with a small built in fish tank. I’ve basically combined clinically proven stress reduction and tranquil mood rejuvenation (from ambient noise therapy) with the dynamic vapor wellness routine from the terpene rich botanicals. Inside the tank is a simple aeration pump: the draft exit houses the 3D printed metallized composite ceramic waterwheel mounted on a self lubricating graphite rod affixed to sealed zirconia bearings. This achieved a 33.33% increase in efficiency UNDER load compared to previous prototypes and was just one of many significant breakthroughs accomplished during the design of this.

Bitchin! Was thinking solar powered! Or geothermal, but that’s just silly.

I like you guys, but you’re crazy!

I have two desktop vaporizer designs currently using lightning rods.

And one with a lava lamp.

A dynamo vape ! :clap::tup:
The DynoVap? :)

I appreciate your interest in the company but unfortunately that information is at the discretion of the shareholders whom have elected to remain private. At the expense of our on-staff legal team I’ve been advised to not answer this question.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Here’s the thing @arb

I realized that this whole distinction between “desktop” and “portable” was a far too binary way of looking at things, and I’m frankly tired of the outdated viewpoints in this industry.

People think they want one or the other, when in reality, they NEED both. So that’s what I’m offering people: True versatility. As far as I can see both butane and battery powered vaporizers are completely obsolete. Why continue to support depleting fossil fuels, or the global environmental impact of battery recycling when you could simply turn on the sink for a hit? Literally any source of moving water is sufficient to power this.

I really didn’t plan on posting this on here because it’s hard to say if other commercial interests are reading this thread, but I’ve already been testing a deluxe version for some time now with a small built in fish tank. I’ve basically combined clinically proven stress reduction and tranquil mood rejuvenation (from ambient noise therapy) with the dynamic vapor wellness routine from the terpene rich botanicals. Inside the tank is a simple aeration pump: the draft exit houses the 3D printed metallized composite ceramic waterwheel mounted on a self lubricating graphite rod affixed to sealed zirconia bearings. This achieved a 33.33% increase in efficiency UNDER load compared to previous prototypes and was just one of many significant breakthroughs accomplished during the design of this.

I have two desktop vaporizer designs currently using lightning rods.

And one with a lava lamp.

I appreciate your interest in the company but unfortunately that information is at the discretion of the shareholders whom have elected to remain private. At the expense of our on-staff legal team I’ve been advised to not answer this question.

I'm out.

If there's no Thought to MIDI control, no Instamindvoid pillows, no Aural Dampeners, no included hammock, no Mind Widening tech, whats the fucking point?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I saw some people on a less respected vape website already bashing my new vape so I just want to clear the air about the ease of operation because it's really not as complicated as some people are making it out to be. In the kit comes a standard surgical silicone tubing as we've seen for decades in the vape industry , only difference is instead of directly inhaling from the tubing, it's simply affixed to any common household water source. You only need 15 degrees of slope @ 4.3 GPH for adequate flow to power the device. This is a FAR more efficient and sustainable delivery mechanism than any fan or pump assisted device because it features secondary flow routing for post-vapor conditioning/moisturization.

I'm out.

If there's no Thought to MIDI control, no Instamindvoid pillows, no Aural Dampeners, no included hammock, no Mind Widening tech, whats the fucking point?

All valid concerns nonetheless, and I do appreciate the constructive criticism.

However if I may: our research has shown that mainstream sleepers (86% of the US population) do not find hammocks particularly comfortable, so in order to keep prices low the mexican blanket hammock (Made-In-China) was unfortunately eliminated during Phase 3 testing.

The reality is that hammock lovers are a niche hobbyist group, not so different from vaporizer users. Our thoughts were really quite simple here: why go down the same tired rabbit hole, building vapes for existing vaporizer advocates when we could design products for a whole new market: people who have never liked vaporizers.

Frankly MIDI and Control Voltage/Gate are all obsolete and nobody shopping in this price point has a vintage Moog Voyager to plug in, and even if they did you would still need an external amplifier as the optimized circuitry in this design would not power it without like , a 45 degree slope of naturally inclined running water.

I'm also working on a new vape utilizing 100% conduction which cleverly absorbs and redistributes exogenous thermal energy to a heatsink above simultaneously warming a drinking vessel. I call it, Coffee. Hippie Speedballs never tasted so warm.

Top Bottom