Phase3 Vaporizers

DaVapeGuy

These are the differences that I gathered from the description:

"The main body diameter has been increased slightly from the initial Z8 run to provide easier installation and superior "grab.""

"With the ZX, there are now two screen grooves, as the slotted intake and bezel have been removed to provide a more economical and easier to produce heat filter. This also provides a slightly more open airflow"

Interested to see how current z8 owners compare the two... Maybe @invertedisdead can give a brief comparison? :)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The product description goes into it
As far as I can tell, it's the SX but in Zirconia:
The main body diameter has been increased slightly from the initial Z8 run to provide easier installation and superior "grab."
The gem beads are locked into the ZX using the same medical grade stainless steel screen + groove mechanism as our flagship Z8. With the ZX, there are now two screen grooves, as the slotted intake and bezel have been removed to provide a more economical and easier to produce heat filter. This also provides a slightly more open airflow, which pairs especially well with larger cooling setups and recyclers.
ZX is manufactured in Taiwan.
I bought one as I like 14mm heads and this seems nice.

AlphaDeltaF1

In for a ZX! Stoked I was able to get in this round.

SX:
On the SX it looks like there’s room for more rubies if you lowered the screen closer to the taper of the injector nozzle. This would require stretching the coil but would certainly beef up the available heat calories for both the SX and ZX.

This is surprising to me. I wonder if it is just the difference in coils but 525F produces good vapor with a nice flavor, 550F is one-hit extraction, 565F is nearly black duff. 580F would absolutely combust for me. (Auber RDK 300B with 710coils coil)

I’m still testing, but I’ve reduced my load size and now getting golden/ tobacco color ABV in one hit at 565F. I wish we had a standard rating for ABV so we could better frame our temperature conversations around the results etc.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What coil is the best to get, easiest ro fit on the sx? Just ordered a zx too!
I've only had my SX a couple of days but this coils works fantastic:

DaVapeGuy

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yep vgoodiez has it, can add Ed's handle too
On sale on DC's site right now:

DaVapeGuy

On sale on DC's site right now:
Nice, not sure why their pic shows 4 wraps but vgoodiez shows 5.

Maybe an old stock pic

Oden

Je n'ai mon SX que depuis quelques jours mais cette bobine fonctionne à merveille :
I wanted to take this coil for my SX but unfortunately no 220v version

Sur le SX, il semble qu'il y ait de la place pour plus de rubis si vous abaissez l'écran plus près du cône de la buse de l'injecteur. Cela nécessiterait d'étirer la bobine, mais augmenterait certainement les calories de chaleur disponibles pour le SX et le ZX.
What tool did you use to lower the screen?
Is there any risk of damaging the screen?
I'm not saying no for more rubies in my SX 😂

DaVapeGuy

ZX and like the SX but in Zirc.
I'm not going to buy it (even though I'm extremely tempted lolol).
The SX will help me wait until the next Z8, or even better until the ZPRO hahaha

You might be waiting a while :lol:

Well the ZPRO is still conceptual for now, so I can't really say it's coming soon. I mean it is kinda possible, but the Z8 is definitely still the flagship Phase3 product until further notice :D

AlphaDeltaF1

What tool did you use to lower the screen?
Is there any risk of damaging the screen?
I'm not saying no for more rubies in my SX 😂

Hey, I did not lower my screen, I was mentioning that @invertedisdead could adjust his design to accommodate more rubies. Pretty sure there’s a groove the screen sits in that would have to be moved when it’s machined.

Could also be a purposeful design choice!

AlphaDeltaF1

Aren’t we talking about the screen in the bowl not the injector?

The heater:

In my post you replied to I was referring to the only place in the heater to contain rubies, the two internal screens of the heater.

The bowl:

If you want to adjust your screen in your bowl/ herb chamber use a male 14mm joint as mentioned. Haven’t had any troubles moving my screen about now that I learned that trick!

Top Bottom