Phase3 Vaporizers

onesixty2

Can confirm the Couchlog injector bowls are a pretty good fit, but I’m having a lot of problems with the optional SX injector bowls screen fit. I can’t get a screen to stay in place for the life of me, and the resting spot it wants to wiggle in is a pretty sharp angle.

e: honestly, this bowl & screen setup is.. not my favorite =/ i'm glad I already have CL bowls, I absolutely cannot get this to set. I'm just going to start using it with CL stuff, hands are starting to hurt trying to get this dang screen in place without it wobbling around. Going to revisit the official bowl tomorrow.

e2: My partner, with better hands than I have, was able to quite easily get the screen to slide in using a 14mm bowl and pen bottom, the same tools I flailed with helplessly.. user error, the screens are holding now. Thanks for the suggestion, finding those did help.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can confirm the Couchlog injector bowls are a pretty good fit, but I’m having a lot of problems with the optional SX injector bowls screen fit. I can’t get a screen to stay in place for the life of me, and the resting spot it wants to wiggle in is a pretty sharp angle.

You can use the 14MM make end of the other bowl as a plunger to help set the screen into this bowl.

I think there's a video of it in this thread some pages back. @Slickwilly shared this tip with me and it's how I always set the screens now. The screen fitment should be pretty secure, I brush my bowls out religiously after every usage and these new screens stay in place pretty nicely.

BakedDiogenes

Geez even the product description is like a copy + paste off my website with a little rearrangement....
Reminds me of how we used to do book reports in High School, the night before they were due, without ever reading the book.....

I had a big long heartfelt response typed out, but meh. :worms:

This must be how Hip Hop or Punk Rock felt when it went mainstream lol.

I'm not sure what else to even say about it because defending yourself at all just turns people off, and I'm not a fan of being anyone's punching bag, so I guess I've said my piece!

And on that note, thanks so much to everyone following along and supporting the original ruby ball vape!

Right now it basically costs me $10 to send domestically thru the US and its territories via Priority, and $20 to send to the rest of the world with USPS First Class International. Price should be pretty consistent as initial SX's went as far as Canada, Europe, and Australia.

@madhockeydad nailed a pretty succinct summary!

I started with borosilicate glass designs in 2019 and spent multiple years working with glass and quartz over 7 iterations trying to make the price more affordable and the performance as best as I could possibly achieve. For the most part I essentially never sold anything while trying to improve these. Great vapes, but I was never in love with the fragility.

After the glass and quartz stuff I then decided to try something totally different, and developed InV2, a new prototype 14MM injector from medical grade stainless steel. These were never sold though.

Then the flagship Z8 came, which combined all the best features of the quartz/glass 1.7 (there was a round of each) and InV2, with a new material with a good history of use in vaporizers, but never in this style - zirconia ceramic. Z for Zirconia, 8 as in the eighth generation of the original ruby supervap! It lends a similar experience to glass, but in a more durable platform.

The SX is my latest release, a simplified version of the Z8, made from medical grade 316L stainless steel and designed to be more affordable; as after the Z8 was released, a lot of people have been asking me for a more affordable desktop that is still fuel efficient with your favorite herbs.

Alright well it sounds like the tolerances for this initial round were possibly beefed up maybe just a little bit too much from the Z8! For ease of use sake it should be a simple installation, so I might have to take a hair off the housing OD for the next round.

Anybody have any luck with a hot-set? Try turning the coil up to 1000F or so, and then can you drop the housing in? You could probably even put the housing in the freezer for a bit to force more contraction/shrinkage. Maybe that sounds a little wild but that should create a really optimal fit, which is kind of the idea to achieve. Once I start selling coils again hopefully I can offer setups already assembled in that sort of optimized regard. In theory with the hot-set performed at a temperature a lot higher than we vape at, when at normal operating temperatures it should be truly making good contact.

To me, those spots on your coil look like some sort of oil or cleaner or something was on the coil when heated. Once the residue is done burning off it should be totally fine though.
When you install the vape into the housing it's going to transfer more oils from your hands onto the coil, which will burn off when you do the initial fire-up. But I'd probably do an initial burnoff with the vape installed just to heat clean the whole system internally.

Awesome initial feedback!! Love to hear that kind of stuff! Thanks for all the words everyone, definitely let me know what you think, hear to make stuff better where I can as well!

I'm really to hear what you Z8 owners think of these higher flow screens in the bowl, and also what you think about the airflow on the SX versus the Z8!

Should have known @coolbreeze would definitely be one of the first in here with some sweet content to share! He always delivers! Always has the super unique delivery devices, as well! :wave:

Did you need to open your coil for your installation, too? That will definitely help me determine if I need to shave a littleeeee bit down going further!

Thanks all for the nice initial responses!! Don't hesitate to reach out or post in here if I can be of any assistance!

Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Plus your’s are $100 cheaper (and they include the rubies), never mind the extra shipping from Malaysia.

coolbreeze

Did you need to open your coil for your installation, too? That will definitely help me determine if I need to shave a littleeeee bit down going further!
It fit my DC coil just fine. Turned/crammed it (it was tight), turned it back and forth a couple times and it sort of set solidly in place and I couldn't turn it by hand anymore. So far, sooooooooo good!

Also, I think now you are the "OG Z-Baller"!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
SX has landed and I took it out for a spin at 550F.
PXL-20230221-233213978.jpg

Pretty fun so far but I think I'm going to experiment with lower temps to try to coax more flavor out. I'm liking it so far although I like to wait past the first 2 weeks to avoid a honeymoon review. 14mm makes a nice special vape. I like the bowl a lot too.

Fitting to my 710coils coil was easy although I did have to open and close it to install the head.

As to the other stuff, I feel there is room enough for other Zirconia heads. From what I have seen they are pretty different. What makes the Z8 (and SX) unique are not the materials as much as the total design.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Plus your’s are $100 cheaper (and they include the rubies), never mind the extra shipping from Malaysia.

Yeah well two zirconia enail vape announcements in the same exact day from two different companies has me feeling like throwing up.

And right when I’m trying to get started, waiting on payment processing, with my foot barely in the door here - just kick the dog while he’s laying on the ground, yeah? Right in my own backyard too???
Pretty low blow.

I mean, seriously?
I only wish I could say I was shocked, but the truth is I actually had a gut feeling it was happening.

After seeing this latest one a few minutes ago, right here on FC, I absolutely, 1000% REGRET not posting the long, sensitive, heartfelt response I had typed out earlier.

I mean it’s just ridiculous this amount of stepping on toes. People whom already offer multiple sought after vaporizer designs for sale definitely do NOT need to copy me or undercut me. I know exactly what that is, it’s called greed. And it’s absolutely disgusting.

Definitely am done here for the evening.

Thanks everyone for the initial SX reports.
I appreciate it a lot.
Drop me an email good people if you need anything.

See ya around... 😞

:leaf:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Don't be discouraged. Press on. We are with you. Keep it at. I see the Qaroma stuff. What other was announced?

Not that it's right or wrong but it seems like a really good material so it's no surprise that others are using it (like Ti and Stainless). But it's not just that but the design and you rock that. No other design has the efficiency and airflow. I've tried many.

Don't sweat responding. Let's get the word out. Phase 3 is the original and based on years of research. I'll stick with you!!

Oden

Don't be discouraged. Press on. We are with you. Keep it at. I see the Qaroma stuff. What other was announced?

Not that it's right or wrong but it seems like a really good material so it's no surprise that others are using it (like Ti and Stainless). But it's not just that but the design and you rock that. No other design has the efficiency and airflow. I've tried many.

Don't sweat responding. Let's get the word out. Phase 3 is the original and based on years of research. I'll stick with you!!
Cloud connoisseur

tgvp

Once again, those questions may already have been answered but by browsing the previous pages I didn't found answers.
What is the difference in usage between the z8 and the sx? I believe it do not affect taste too much as someone with high (pun intended) expectations like @invertedisdead would probably not have marketed the cheapest alternative otherwise. And as it is medical grade SS, it should not have any 'leakage' neither. Durability isn't an issue either with SS. So is it something like heat retention (for more consistent airflow temperature)? Or the form factor allow for a different flow? Am I missing something?
Anyway, even if the z8 is tempting, it's too expensive for me, the SX got my full attention and I hope it will recap soon 👍

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
just kick the dog while he’s laying on the ground, yeah? Right in my own backyard too???
Don't know about the backyard thing but yeah, we live in a situation where if you got the capital to invest, you get more capital to invest.....

If it makes things any better, I didn't get my injector ideas from this thread, I got them from seeing someone with an Elev8R filled with rubies about summer 2020.... and thought "This piece looks like a shrivelled penis- I can do better than this"... I found this thread later and didn't see anything here I hadn't worked out already... What impressed me the most is your sourcing the Japanese zirconia manufacturing and taking the time to detail your progress in the thread !

There is only a handful of suitable materials and zirconia is no secret so someone else was bound to use it.... The injector vape is a refinement of the "steam chalice" which used huge ceramic heads and charcoal embers so it isn't a particularly proprietary design- if you think of it this way it's easier to get on with life, LOL. Just up your game, (offer a titanium screen for the Z8, nudge nudge), keep improving and innovating and let the copycats in the dust?

I don't know who the Qaroma dude is or how he gets all this done from Malaysia but he is impressively busy and clearly has no shortage of capital. (And probably much closer links with China!)
If he is actually copy-pasting your business then let's get the Qaroma thread off the forum :evil:

Worth noting the Zaroma is 19mm and more expensive!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Once again, those questions may already have been answered but by browsing the previous pages I didn't found answers.
What is the difference in usage between the z8 and the sx? I believe it do not affect taste too much as someone with high (pun intended) expectations like @invertedisdead would probably not have marketed the cheapest alternative otherwise. And as it is medical grade SS, it should not have any 'leakage' neither. Durability isn't an issue either with SS. So is it something like heat retention (for more consistent airflow temperature)? Or the form factor allow for a different flow? Am I missing something?
The difference is mainly the cost of the material, the SX brings the form in at a lower price. The material obviously affects the function, but I'd have a hard time defining that yet other than to say the Z8 does flavor well consistently across the temps I've tried whereas the SX does flavor well at lower temps. The SX operates really nicely at low temps, too. Got a nice med-light tobacco roast with great flavor at 525 last night. Where they're alike is the ability to roast really well at low temps and as a result, produce really good flavor. Also alike in the smaller capacity roasting efficiency.

Where they're different is that the Z8 is just really, really good at those things; it's like the Vapbong or Element Table Vape in that it has a sort of distinct, powerful vapor/high signature. I think the SX for me will be more general-use, bigger packs, slightly higher temps. It seems to do very well as a versatile, all-purpose roaster capable of handling small loads and low temps really well.

Anyway, even if the z8 is tempting, it's too expensive for me, the SX got my full attention and I hope it will recap soon 👍
Either way, it's really great stuff!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
555F resulted in whispy but flavorful hit (by ball vape terms).

565F white walled my piece nicely.

So far enjoying the SX with the provided glass bowl. The flavor is fantastic and bowl size is great for material efficiency.

(Coming from an 18mm Ti bowl and injector)

Edit:

580F works as well with some flavor loss, but closer to one hit extraction than lower temps
This is surprising to me. I wonder if it is just the difference in coils but 525F produces good vapor with a nice flavor, 550F is one-hit extraction, 565F is nearly black duff. 580F would absolutely combust for me. (Auber RDK 300B with 710coils coil)

onesixty2

This is surprising to me. I wonder if it is just the difference in coils but 525F produces good vapor with a nice flavor, 550F is one-hit extraction, 565F is nearly black duff. 580F would absolutely combust for me. (Auber RDK 300B with 710coils coil)
this has been near identical to my experience, DC cable Auber RDK 300B. Been getting flavor and hits as low as starting at 510. Haven’t gone lower yet though.

coolbreeze

Maybe the effects of different water pieces too? Your experience seems closer to mine, though for me the upper ranges seem slightly tamer. Got a full extraction at 545-555, and it was deeply roasted but not 'bad' at 565 (DC/DC), just darker than I'd prefer. I didn't have an interest at the time to go higher, but that's sort of the point for me: you can get full extraction without having to completely sacrifice flavor; with the SX the usable temp range extends low enough to give plenty of room there. I'm liking 525, though. Good flavor for a metal heater!

Vaporware

…two zirconia enail vape announcements in the same exact day from two different companies has me feeling like throwing up.

I get it more than you know…I designed a pretty cool heater a couple of years ago, and a few days ago I saw someone else release a very similar heater. It’s been hard trying to read that thread knowing I could/should probably have found a way to get it made a long time ago…

I do still have a second and I think better version, and I like mine a lot better beyond the heater, but if I were to make either now it would probably be seen as copying them even though it feels like they’re copying me… :disgust:

The reality is almost certainly that we just had the same ideas, maybe inspired by the same things, and they actually had the resources to make it happen.

I don’t know if I’ll ever put annything out, but I’m glad that you did and I’d still rather buy a Z8 than any of the similar ideas I’ve seen. I hope a lot of people feel the same way, and I hope we both feel a little less crushed soon. :cheers:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Geez even the product description is like a copy + paste off my website with a little rearrangement....
Reminds me of how we used to do book reports in High School, the night before they were due, without ever reading the book.....

I had a big long heartfelt response typed out, but meh. :worms:

This must be how Hip Hop or Punk Rock felt when it went mainstream lol.

I'm not sure what else to even say about it because defending yourself at all just turns people off, and I'm not a fan of being anyone's punching bag, so I guess I've said my piece!

And on that note, thanks so much to everyone following along and supporting the original ruby ball vape!
This thing looks so damn ugly.

Z8 anyday.

onesixty2

This SX is so much fun to use.. I have been enjoying microdose bowls just barely covering the screen, getting great one hit extracts even with a slightly deeper pack.. The 14mm injector is the unique selling point of your platform imo and I'm all for it. Still one hit clearing everything I pack so long as I take a slow and steady draw. Having a PID with a coil temp readout has been handy in dialing it in.

As this is my first coil/pid injector I really can't speak towards a direct comparison, but it's a fun little thing to use and I'm very happy with it. If there had been more z8 preorders after the first wave, I might've been able to hop on board sooner, but honestly this SX is pretty damn on-point so I'm looking forward to it getting a ton of use now.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I really apologize for my attitude a few days ago, I forgot how much fun a little friendly competition can be! :D

Massive thanks soooooo much to all of the incredible SX supporters providing this absolutely fantastic early feedback!
Thanks so much for spreading the good word on Phase3, your comments, posts and social media really help me out way more than anything I can do myself.

I'm happy to report that I've got both my sense of humor and spontaneity back, and best of all,

I want to play a game!

saw.jpg

Zirconia Ceramic ZX is now available for Limited Pre-Order at
www.gophase3.com

phase3-ZX-render.png

Let's run them at $123, 'cause not combusting is easy as... ✨

Thanks so much to you, FC family, for supporting the original ruby ball vape!

💚 your friendly phase change experts 💜

jbm

I really apologize for my attitude a few days ago, I forgot how much fun a little friendly competition can be! :D

Massive thanks soooooo much to all of the incredible SX supporters providing this absolutely fantastic early feedback!
Thanks so much for spreading the good word on Phase3, your comments, posts and social media really help me out way more than anything I can do myself.

I'm happy to report that I've got both my sense of humor and spontaneity back, and best of all,

I want to play a game!

saw.jpg

www.gophase3.com

phase3-ZX-render.png

I’m in on the ZX. I misunderstood and did not add on the bowl, can it be purchased separately? I have some 14mm male bowls, do those work?

Oden

I want to play a game!

saw.jpg

www.gophase3.com

phase3-ZX-render.png

That's what I wanted to see from you bro!!!
The counterattack 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

My SX arrived today but I wasn't home 🥴
If all goes well it will be in my hands tomorrow 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Top Bottom