Phase3 Vaporizers

waki

Graveda.de just told me their €90 coil/PID kit will be available "mid-March". I am getting a coil for testing and definitely not messing with China electronics for this. You wait almost a month to get something that might not work, just to save a few bucks- not worth it.
Hi, Is graveda a serious company?

waki,

coolbreeze

SX has landed, It’s looks magnificent. Thanks, @invertedisdead !

I needed some tools to get my 15.8mm coil on the SX housing as I didn’t want to risk over loosening my coil. I think it’s good to go now and I look forward to putting it through its paces dialing it in.

Anyone have any temp recommendations ?

Sweet! Try 555f and see what that does.

AlphaDeltaF1

Sweet! Try 555f and see what that does.

555F resulted in whispy but flavorful hit (by ball vape terms).

565F white walled my piece nicely.

So far enjoying the SX with the provided glass bowl. The flavor is fantastic and bowl size is great for material efficiency.

(Coming from an 18mm Ti bowl and injector)

Edit:

580F works as well with some flavor loss, but closer to one hit extraction than lower temps

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
SX has landed, It’s looks magnificent. Thanks, @invertedisdead !

I needed some tools to get my 15.8mm coil on the SX housing as I didn’t want to risk over loosening my coil. I think it’s good to go now and I look forward to putting it through its paces dialing it in.

Anyone have any temp recommendations ?

So awesome to see these are already reaching eager lungs!

The fit should definitely be pretty snuggggg with this one, but yeah, the 15.8MM coil (Auber?) would definitely be a tight fit, as the OD on the SX was enlarged a little bit from the Z8 to grab onto the coil better.

If the fit is too tight, but really close, a "hot set" can be attempted, where you heat the coil up to allow it to expand; but then slip in the cool housing. In theory that's a pretty optimal fitment. When I did the hot-set with the Z8's the OD was still just a hair under, but the SX has been further compensated for, plus stainless steel expands more than zirconia when heated, so together it should (hopefully) be a legitimate solution!

I did ISO soak all the housings separately before filling; so I'm a little dissappointed to hear you found anything from a wipe down; but I definitely want to get an ultrasonic cleaner so I can run everything through that!

555F resulted in whispy but flavorful hit (by ball vape terms).

565F white walled my piece nicely.

So far enjoying the SX with the provided glass bowl. The flavor is fantastic and bowl size is great for material efficiency.

(Coming from an 18mm Ti bowl and injector)

Edit:

580F works as well with some flavor loss, but closer to one hit extraction than lower temps

Loving the early feedback and first impressions! Thanks so much for sharing and supporting!!:wave:
Are you on an Auber or a DC controller?

Quick comment regarding the glass bowls, I think it was discussed a page or two ago with the Z8, and likewise the SX does sit up a little higher in these slightly longer European ISO 14/23 joints compared to 14/20 US joints. It would look a little cleaner if the housing sat more flush; so I may attempt to acquire some 14/20 joints for the next round of bowls.

I also switched to a more open screen on the SX than what shipped with the Z8 - both inlet screens in the SX housing and the bowl screen are a lower mesh count. It should keep the air flow nice, and keep the bowl cleaner for longer. They also seem to sit a little more snug in this new round of adapters, for whatever reason.

Received mine today! Still have to wait till Monday for my coil tho 🙃

Can't wait to hear how you like it my local friend!!

AlphaDeltaF1

So awesome to see these are already reaching eager lungs!

The fit should definitely be pretty snuggggg with this one, but yeah, the 15.8MM coil (Auber?) would definitely be a tight fit, as the OD on the SX was enlarged a little bit from the Z8 to grab onto the coil better.

If the fit is too tight, but really close, a "hot set" can be attempted, where you heat the coil up to allow it to expand; but then slip in the cool housing. In theory that's a pretty optimal fitment. When I did the hot-set with the Z8's the OD was still just a hair under, but the SX has been further compensated for, plus stainless steel expands more than zirconia when heated, so together it should (hopefully) be a legitimate solution!

I did ISO soak all the housings separately before filling; so I'm a little dissappointed to hear you found anything from a wipe down; but I definitely want to get an ultrasonic cleaner so I can run everything through that!

Loving the early feedback and first impressions! Thanks so much for sharing and supporting!!:wave:
Are you on an Auber or a DC controller?

Quick comment regarding the glass bowls, I think it was discussed a page or two ago with the Z8, and likewise the SX does sit up a little higher in these slightly longer European ISO 14/23 joints compared to 14/20 US joints. It would look a little cleaner if the housing sat more flush; so I may attempt to acquire some 14/20 joints for the next round of bowls.

I also switched to a more open screen on the SX than what shipped with the Z8 - both inlet screens in the SX housing and the bowl screen are a lower mesh count. It should keep the air flow nice, and keep the bowl cleaner for longer. They also seem to sit a little more snug in this new round of adapters, for whatever reason.

No sweat regarding the residue, it was from swabbing the internal portion of the nozzle. But a sonicator sounds like a good idea.

In regards to my temps I’m using an Auber-300B.

As for the accessories, I would be interested in a 14/20 bowl as well as any prototype Z/SX bowls you cook up.

Currently using a Qshop porcelain heat shield cup to store it while in use.

EDIT: SX @ 590F, one hit extraction and no burning chest

Last edited:

tgvp

I'm kinda lost here, tried to read the whole thread but got lost at like page 4... I've been a long time volcano user, but since I discovered rosin and dabbing out of glass bangers I nearly stopped vaping flower (except for some sesh with a dynavap through a bubbler), so all this discussion raised my interest by teaching my what is an injector (as far as I understand, it's a heat source placed before the herb and through which the air passes to reach vaporization temperature, right?)

So, here are a few questions. Is the phase3 the injector @invertedisdead designed?
And if it is, wasn't it supposed to be all glass, or the whole glass air path does matter after the herb only ?
What are the SX and Z8?
All those questions are probably answered somewhere along this thread but buried among so many side discussions and jargon I don't understand I couldn't find my answers... Maybe there is a commercial website?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I'm kinda lost here, tried to read the whole thread but got lost at like page 4... I've been a long time volcano user, but since I discovered rosin and dabbing out of glass bangers I nearly stopped vaping flower (except for some sesh with a dynavap through a bubbler), so all this discussion raised my interest by teaching my what is an injector (as far as I understand, it's a heat source placed before the herb and through which the air passes to reach vaporization temperature, right?)

So, here are a few questions. Is the phase3 the injector @invertedisdead designed?
And if it is, wasn't it supposed to be all glass, or the whole glass air path does matter after the herb only ?
What are the SX and Z8?
All those questions are probably answered somewhere along this thread but buried among so many side discussions and jargon I don't understand I couldn't find my answers... Maybe there is a commercial website?

Yes both are designed by @invertedisdead . The first to come out was the Z8 last year. It was the culmination of about 3-years of iteration on glass vapes. The glass vapes were great but fragile. The Z8 is made out of Zirconium which is a ceramic. Great material but EXPENSIVE and costly to manufacture. In order to lower the price point, he took the design and made a stainless steel version - SX. It comes in about 1/3 the cost.

The Z8 will go on sale again this month if you are interested.

The name of the company is Phase 3: https://www.gophase3.com/

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

They must have liked your z8 idea bro

Ernielicous

Surprised it isn't XL yet lol

Oden

Thanks to @madhockeydad, I've got all informations and am kind of sold to the concept! Now I just have to wait for recap and find a fitting coil (mine is 30mm I think). Anyone who has ordered from Europe? How much are the shipping fees? And if you have an address for a compatible coil too...
It's 16mm.
I got this on Aliexpress for 30 euro.
And no shipping costs

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Anyone who has ordered from Europe? How much are the shipping fees? And if you have an address for a compatible coil too...
I ordered to EU and paid 20$ iirc. I also remember @invertedisdead mentioning something about a rise in shipping cost, so this info might be dated. I ordered the SX by the way, not the z8. Coil depends on what pid you use (what pinout)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
For setting coils I use a vice grips. Treat the coil like a screw. The wrap direction tightens it and the unwrap direction opens it. You can put a cloth around it to avoid scrapping. I grab the coil on the lowest wrap to start with and then grab the metal handle section and gently rotate either clockwise or counter- clockwise to either open the coil or tighten it. Do this gently and then you can move the grips up the coil to gently loosen closer to the handle. I had to do this. Just a little gentle rotation and the head slid in and then I tightened in the opposite direction.

onesixty2

For setting coils I use a vice grips. Treat the coil like a screw. The wrap direction tightens it and the unwrap direction opens it. You can put a cloth around it to avoid scrapping. I grab the coil on the lowest wrap to start with and then grab the metal handle section and gently rotate either clockwise or counter- clockwise to either open the coil or tighten it. Do this gently and then you can move the grips up the coil to gently loosen closer to the handle. I had to do this. Just a little gentle rotation and the head slid in and then I tightened in the opposite direction.
Immensely helpful; thank you.

Honestly really thankful my first exposure to doing this involves a SS casing, feels like it'll be easier to make a mistake without ruining anything!

e: SX landed immediately after posting.. it begins..

e2: Okay so, rookie question here. I'm burning off my coil at 760f, i still see *tons* of specks and spots, how much higher should I go for a burn-off? until there is nothing, as high as the PID can go? It's, pretty hard finding any results for "coil burn-off" even on this site since the word "Off" is too common :lol:

Saw a post in this thread that said 760.. but i'm about 10 minutes of 760 and, it looks not great. Found another thread talking about up to 850/900.. okay here we go next then.

Last edited:

onesixty2

Thank you ^_^

first time equipment, very loud when I get lost, so I appreciate the info through my multiple postings. Should be set from here, will post the end result tonight.. was really just concerned if my leopard print coil was out of fashion or not :)

coolbreeze

Cheers!
IMG-3868.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Geez even the product description is like a copy + paste off my website with a little rearrangement....
Reminds me of how we used to do book reports in High School, the night before they were due, without ever reading the book.....

I had a big long heartfelt response typed out, but meh. :worms:

This must be how Hip Hop or Punk Rock felt when it went mainstream lol.

I'm not sure what else to even say about it because defending yourself at all just turns people off, and I'm not a fan of being anyone's punching bag, so I guess I've said my piece!

And on that note, thanks so much to everyone following along and supporting the original ruby ball vape!

I ordered to EU and paid 20$ iirc. I also remember @invertedisdead mentioning something about a rise in shipping cost, so this info might be dated. I ordered the SX by the way, not the z8. Coil depends on what pid you use (what pinout)

Right now it basically costs me $10 to send domestically thru the US and its territories via Priority, and $20 to send to the rest of the world with USPS First Class International. Price should be pretty consistent as initial SX's went as far as Canada, Europe, and Australia.

What are the SX and Z8?

@madhockeydad nailed a pretty succinct summary!

I started with borosilicate glass designs in 2019 and spent multiple years working with glass and quartz over 7 iterations trying to make the price more affordable and the performance as best as I could possibly achieve. For the most part I essentially never sold anything while trying to improve these. Great vapes, but I was never in love with the fragility.

After the glass and quartz stuff I then decided to try something totally different, and developed InV2, a new prototype 14MM injector from medical grade stainless steel. These were never sold though.

Then the flagship Z8 came, which combined all the best features of the quartz/glass 1.7 (there was a round of each) and InV2, with a new material with a good history of use in vaporizers, but never in this style - zirconia ceramic. Z for Zirconia, 8 as in the eighth generation of the original ruby supervap! It lends a similar experience to glass, but in a more durable platform.

The SX is my latest release, a simplified version of the Z8, made from medical grade 316L stainless steel and designed to be more affordable; as after the Z8 was released, a lot of people have been asking me for a more affordable desktop that is still fuel efficient with your favorite herbs.

Alright well it sounds like the tolerances for this initial round were possibly beefed up maybe just a little bit too much from the Z8! For ease of use sake it should be a simple installation, so I might have to take a hair off the housing OD for the next round.

Anybody have any luck with a hot-set? Try turning the coil up to 1000F or so, and then can you drop the housing in? You could probably even put the housing in the freezer for a bit to force more contraction/shrinkage. Maybe that sounds a little wild but that should create a really optimal fit, which is kind of the idea to achieve. Once I start selling coils again hopefully I can offer setups already assembled in that sort of optimized regard. In theory with the hot-set performed at a temperature a lot higher than we vape at, when at normal operating temperatures it should be truly making good contact.

That makes sense.. so even if there are still spots showing, it shouldn’t be problematic or unhealthy to vape through? I’ll edit with a picture to explain.. the whole coil is covered in white dots.

To me, those spots on your coil look like some sort of oil or cleaner or something was on the coil when heated. Once the residue is done burning off it should be totally fine though.
When you install the vape into the housing it's going to transfer more oils from your hands onto the coil, which will burn off when you do the initial fire-up. But I'd probably do an initial burnoff with the vape installed just to heat clean the whole system internally.

Wow!! SX hits. Running at 460 and 490. I’m a low temp sipper. It’s great and the price point is also helpful.

Awesome initial feedback!! Love to hear that kind of stuff! Thanks for all the words everyone, definitely let me know what you think, hear to make stuff better where I can as well!

I'm really to hear what you Z8 owners think of these higher flow screens in the bowl, and also what you think about the airflow on the SX versus the Z8!

Should have known @coolbreeze would definitely be one of the first in here with some sweet content to share! He always delivers! Always has the super unique delivery devices, as well! :wave:

Did you need to open your coil for your installation, too? That will definitely help me determine if I need to shave a littleeeee bit down going further!

Thanks all for the nice initial responses!! Don't hesitate to reach out or post in here if I can be of any assistance!

Top Bottom