Phase3 Vaporizers

coolbreeze

Not trying to be cynical, just wanting the z8 to be as popular and widespread as possible.
Yeah, that's the problem, it's so nice that anyone who tries one wants everyone to have one!

I know what I will be getting into with that at least.
For what it's worth, it is powerful with a nice open draw. It works nicely at low temps--through a small bong, all you feel is cool, moist air--and roasts evenly and completely. It's doing something a little different, I think, because the high is very full and powerful; the signature is unique. Flavor is remarkable.

It is in no way under-sized or powered, but it is uniquely capable of going smaller effectively.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I just noticed today that the coil sent for my Z8 is 110V and I’m so glad that I didn’t plug it in. :uhoh: However, since I got it from 710Coils it was a quick ig message and Shane instantly had a 220 16mm with extra goodies on the way. Just one more super cool old school FC good guy offering premium products with outstanding service in our little hobby/obsession! :cool: These guys make it so dang easy to be a loyal, happy customer.

So I’ve got one of the DC metal stands but also have some other 14mm stands and wondered if I can use this without damaging the Z8?

[/URL]

I know from experience that the glass bottom will be hot but Ive got a solution for that. If it’s okay for the Z8 this would be low-profile and I wouldn’t have to buy anything :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well it's nice to see this thread rolling along nicely even while I'm away!

Been dabbling in some pretty nice hasch over the weekend, but just got really Inverted off the Z8!
Can really feel that pure convection high :science:

Been thinking of plugging in the 1.7 for a comparison, but I haven't really messed with it much, Z8's been winning the reach test over here. Still super fuel efficient for me, I'm not sure how much herb I'm saving but it seems like a pretty sizable amount. That's something that's pretty hard to convey through marketing is that yeah, this does cost more than others but most people seem to be using less herb with it, which could potentially be worth a lot of money after some time.

Definitely loving all the very nice gear shots @coolbreeze

@pxl_jockey that looks like it should work well, that's pretty much what I was envisioning for a glass stand. Just something simple and clean!

Appreciate the new interest and the long time followers sticking around, thanks for following along!

GoldenBud

Ironically enough I will be buying the vapman station the day it releases. It may cost more than the z8! I know what I will be getting into with that at least. I don't think newbies will be interested in the z8 at this price point without having tried a ball vape before.
it's a project that comes to take the Glass Symphony vape into a safe little build that can't burn anybody or smash into the floor, and as a next generation it cost more than the GS.. safety cost money

and it's not like a ball vape, the whole thing is like a hot heater that is inert to oxygen, it's like a block of a heater... imagine smashing the whole load in 1 fast turbulent shot that tastes very well :peace:

hear the airflow of BakedDiogenes video.... it's smaller than the GS, but turbulet with these airflow cuts!!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
This was never really on my shopping list as it contains metal and is made for coils which I do not like, but it is so awesome that I like to watch ! There is no doubt in my mind that injector vapes with gemstones are as good as it gets.... I had been using the herb for 25 years but since i got onto this type of vape 2-3 years ago I have enjoyed it like never before... it is a bit too good actually and I did get carried away, and now paying the price .... Whoever said cannabis is not addictive needs to think again.... :uhoh:

BakedDiogenes

More turbulent airflow tunes for @GoldenBud. 😁

Before:

After:

Using a 14mm F/M adapter (from a DDave kit maybe) because I fumbled the bowl while loading. Not the end of the world. Seems to hold the Z8 a little better if anything.

I won’t make any comments on price other than to say if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.

But it’s totally fucking worth it, so go buy one.

Edit: This hit was at 420f

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
More turbulent airflow tunes for @GoldenBud. 😁

Before:

After:

Using a 14mm F/M adapter (from a DDave kit maybe) because I fumbled the bowl while loading. Not the end of the world. Seems to hold the Z8 a little better if anything.

I won’t make any comments on price other than to say if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.

But it’s totally fucking worth it, so go buy one.

Edit: This hit was at 420f

I've been using 14mm joints with a basket screen and loving it. Sits shallower in the joint then the standard glass bowl which I like. I do use a dry catch. My joint isn't quite that dirty probably due to the basket screen but similar.

Cool to see all the ideas. Go-Z8!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Z8 meets Zane Ross glass!

That piece is super sick!! Word to the sacred Amanita 🍄

Apologies for the brief time away, been trying to contact domestic manufacturers again in attempts of getting Z8 housings faster, but have not had much luck there.

Some of you are probably following the MCH thread and saw they lost their payment processing, that's something I need to get sorted out too because as soon as I open up the store again for preorders it will probably get flagged.

When’s the next batch going to be? Looks like something I’ve gotta try!

Probably early next year but I’m still trying to get things going faster if I can!

Thanks for your interest!
And thanks to everyone following along!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Once the proper coil landed, I just got a couple of days with the Z8 before having to say goodbye. Currently waiting in the queue at Heathrow but I freaking love this device. AKA Space Hammer!

On the Mobius stand, 18mm one works better than the 14mm IME. But 18 just cradles it beautifully. Alright y’all- peace & love

EDIT: chilling on the plane now and upon reflection, I was talking out of my arse. Keep in mind I only have very limited experience but in my mind’s eye, say “Z8” and metaphorically, I see a bad-ass steam train but metaphysically, it feels like zooming off in a spacecraft. So I don’t even know wtf I said space hammer?

It does look a bit like a hammer or gavel but both of those words are attached to other vapey products so neither very good for a nickname here really. So why does it even need an alternative name? Why am I even considering this right now, when I’m fine with the name “Z8”? What’s my fucking problem?!

It doesn’t, at all. Can’t get simpler or shorter than Z8. But you see, here’s the real source of this fluid line of bullshit: I took a bunch of tincture before the break of dawn and the whole aeroplane boarding experience has never been more enjoyable :razz:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

AKA Space Hammer!
A new recruit comes to the Justice League: "Yo, Bats, this is Z8!" "But you can call me 'Space Hammer'!"...

batman-visotruce.gif

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Once the proper coil landed, I just got a couple of days with the Z8 before having to say goodbye. Currently waiting in the queue at Heathrow but I freaking love this device. AKA Space Hammer!

On the Mobius stand, 18mm one works better than the 14mm IME. But 18 just cradles it beautifully. Alright y’all- peace & love

EDIT: chilling on the plane now and upon reflection, I was talking out of my arse. Keep in mind I only have very limited experience but in my mind’s eye, say “Z8” and metaphorically, I see a bad-ass steam train but metaphysically, it feels like zooming off in a spacecraft. So I don’t even know wtf I said space hammer?

It does look a bit like a hammer or gavel but both of those words are attached to other vapey products so neither very good for a nickname here really. So why does it even need an alternative name? Why am I even considering this right now, when I’m fine with the name “Z8”? What’s my fucking problem?!

It doesn’t, at all. Can’t get simpler or shorter than Z8. But you see, here’s the real source of this fluid line of bullshit: I took a bunch of tincture before the break of dawn and the whole aeroplane boarding experience has never been more enjoyable :razz:

So glad to hear you got it setup and running my friend! :rockon:

Tincture really does make for a great on demand portable with otherworldly battery life :lol:
Some might even say "end game!" :rofl:

I just thought Z8 sounded kind of cool, like a racecar or GP bike 🏎️
But maybe it secretly stands for Zee 8th Zeneration Ruby Zupervaepe :whoa:

Vaporware

I still think you’re secretly in the UK getting Zed-8ed. :zzz:

I’m currently using the Space Hammer as more of a shield with a bunch of CBDA flower (and a bit of THC) trying to help avoid catching Covid from a lot of close contact…that and/or the vaccine seem to be working so far!

Since I read that CBDA and CBGA were the most potentially effective I’ve been using low temps (400-420 on the Z8) to hopefully get CBDA into me without decarbing it all.

Take that all with a grain of salt for sure…I’m not a doctor or anything…but if you’re going to inhale any cannabinoids under circumstances like mine, I’d at least give some low temp CBDA a shot. :)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Howdy. Happy winter seasons. I hope everyone is warm for real and Z8 baked!!

I've been experimenting with low temps (as low as about 380). I've been trying a few hits at that temp and then jumping about 30 degrees and taking another few hits and so on until it's roasted. Right now starting about 430 and ending around 490. Simply way stoned. It's a bit tedious (a friend asked me to do this).

Impressions: if you like to sip (slow and steady) I think I get higher on less material. Less heat so easier on the throat and lungs. The effects build rather than the one big hit. Very different kind of high. A bit tedious as the lower temps hit taste great but often don't deliver a lot of oomph at first.

Cool to see that the device is really flexible and no matter whether it's used for one hitting or sipping, the temps seem lower then the metals!!

It's incredible. Enjoy the snow and cold (but if you live in a warm climate -> can I come visit?)

D

coolbreeze

I've been experimenting with low temps (as low as about 380). I've been trying a few hits at that temp and then jumping about 30 degrees and taking another few hits and so on until it's roasted. Right now starting about 430 and ending around 490. Simply way stoned. It's a bit tedious (a friend asked me to do this).

Impressions: if you like to sip (slow and steady) I think I get higher on less material. Less heat so easier on the throat and lungs. The effects build rather than the one big hit. Very different kind of high. A bit tedious as the lower temps hit taste great but often don't deliver a lot of oomph at first.

Cool to see that the device is really flexible and no matter whether it's used for one hitting or sipping, the temps seem lower then the metals!!

It's incredible. Enjoy the snow and cold (but if you live in a warm climate -> can I come visit?)

D
I've been doing something like this with an RBR and it's heavenly: ~480-505f for a long draw or two, and then a cleanup with a slightly warmer Couch Log. The cleanup is unnecessary and often unproductive, but I just can't leave things that blond!

Another fun technique is the "Dr Colly," where you load a few hits, turn down suitably, and then just take a normal breath in, and out through your nose, and in, then out through your nose, etc, at a normal rate throughout the bowl. You'll know when it's wööööörking!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

My man is crushing those direct injected dry rips! :rockon:

Always enjoy seeing everyone’s vape vids and glass shots!

D

Awesome to hear that you’re finding the Z8 to be pretty versatile! Another thing you could try is leaving the vape at the same temp but alternating between two different glass pieces. A small dry rig for example will have less draw resistance which makes it easier to tap into a wider temperature spectrum at low temps.

One of the main uphill battles with vaporization is that the working physics are sort of the opposite of what most expect. Most people want to see big clouds but with a truly strong hit you wouldn’t really even see the vapor. But that’s sort of like convincing people that the biggest THC% isn’t the “strongest“ herb; hard to change certain perceptions.

I've been doing something like this with an RBR and it's heavenly: ~480-505f for a long draw or two, and then a cleanup with a slightly warmer Couch Log. The cleanup is unnecessary and often unproductive, but I just can't leave things that blond!

Another fun technique is the "Dr Colly," where you load a few hits, turn down suitably, and then just take a normal breath in, and out through your nose, and in, then out through your nose, etc, at a normal rate throughout the bowl. You'll know when it's wööööörking!

Sometimes I do similar with my UD Alpha log. (Miss ya brother Arb!!)

I actually just plugged it back in at my desk the other day. It’s always worthwhile to compare AVB through other vapes to evaluate their performance. IMHO people often talk about “complete extraction” but usually don’t re-vape the material in other devices to confirm. I’ve had dark AVB from conduction vapes that still put a hit out when ran through a convection device.

Main thing I notice with the Z8, just like any convection device is you really want to keep the bowl screen clean for optimum performance. Once plant crumbs get lodged in the corners of the screen it stops passing air through and vaping as evenly; at that point it’s worth a clean as the performance comes back pretty strong!

Hope everyone is gearing up for the holidays inna mellow mood!

Thanks to everyone following along!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
My man is crushing those direct injected dry rips! :rockon:

Always enjoy seeing everyone’s vape vids and glass shots!

Awesome to hear that you’re finding the Z8 to be pretty versatile! Another thing you could try is leaving the vape at the same temp but alternating between two different glass pieces. A small dry rig for example will have less draw resistance which makes it easier to tap into a wider temperature spectrum at low temps.

One of the main uphill battles with vaporization is that the working physics are sort of the opposite of what most expect. Most people want to see big clouds but with a truly strong hit you wouldn’t really even see the vapor. But that’s sort of like convincing people that the biggest THC% isn’t the “strongest“ herb; hard to change certain perceptions.

Sometimes I do similar with my UD Alpha log. (Miss ya brother Arb!!)

I actually just plugged it back in at my desk the other day. It’s always worthwhile to compare AVB through other vapes to evaluate their performance. IMHO people often talk about “complete extraction” but usually don’t re-vape the material in other devices to confirm. I’ve had dark AVB from conduction vapes that still put a hit out when ran through a convection device.

Main thing I notice with the Z8, just like any convection device is you really want to keep the bowl screen clean for optimum performance. Once plant crumbs get lodged in the corners of the screen it stops passing air through and vaping as evenly; at that point it’s worth a clean as the performance comes back pretty strong!

Hope everyone is gearing up for the holidays inna mellow mood!

Thanks to everyone following along!
That last part about cleaning is very true. Draw resistance opens up a lot too even if it doesn't look too dirty. A quick torching and brushing fixes it all up for me

Top Bottom