Phase3 Vaporizers

Green Kiwi

👷‍♂️👨‍🔧🎅🔨, I am afraid @feralcomprehension , you now need a chippy,an engineer, and Santa to pay for it all........😇:razz::whip:.

but, it is a normal reaction: I have been there too, destroying the house, in a desperate attempt to find something lost back.

Doesn't work always, but hey, a new build house now and then ,well nothing wrong with that:whip:......

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So of course I reached out to Shane for a 220v coil because @710Coils is the only coils I fux with, and of course he’s got the 16mm but he threw a curveball: he’s got them in regular & extra-tall! My instinct is to go with regular because I doubt inverted would create a design that has a coil height requirement. Just doesn’t seem like his style. But iv been wrong before and since it’s so great to have a community to ask, I’m just going to ask y’all.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So of course I reached out to Shane for a 220v coil because @710Coils is the only coils I fux with, and of course he’s got the 16mm but he threw a curveball: he’s got them in regular & extra-tall! My instinct is to go with regular because I doubt inverted would create a design that has a coil height requirement. Just doesn’t seem like his style. But iv been wrong before and since it’s so great to have a community to ask, I’m just going to ask y’all.

Top of the morning to ye, PJ !
That's interesting, I had no idea he had taller 16mm coils.
The earlier 20mm InVerzion going up to InV1.5 actually was based around his taller 20mm coil with the extra wrap. But for the more minimalist 1.7 I minimized the bead chambers size to match up to these standard 16mm coils without any stretching. I'd stick with the standard for this unit as there's not really any room for a taller one.

I hope to get back to your PM (and the others) today, I tend to write long messages and it often takes me a while 😄

Also, I've been getting some awesome feedback lately in my PMs, but feel free to post some of those comments in here if you don't mind! I'm sure the good folks waiting ever so patiently in here would love to hear some more user experiences.

Cheers all, hope everyone's weekend forecast is partly cloudy 🤔🤔😎😎😎

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Happy new week InVerzionators! Inverzennials? Inverted Vertebrates? InVerzionauts? What do you people call yourselves?

I mean, have you had consensus on a group name for this vape? Has this been decided? I might have missed it while reading but don’t think so. I honestly don’t think it’s humanly possible to overstate how massively important it is to create a collective name for the users of a killer vape. Some even believe a good name can contribute to a killer vape’s overall murdery reputation. Now you all know that I never want to come across like that member who thinks they know everything, but I do believe you’ll find that FC rules state, “any device that is known to kick ass is required to have a group name for its true-believers; furthermore, it’s best if this name is a pun”, or something to that effect… idk.

Kinda surprised that inverted didn‘t address this yet tbh, I guess it’s his first vape release and all. Poor guy probably just got caught up in all the details and forgot about one of the biggest manufacturing challenges, it can happen. But guys, inverted shouldn’t have to do everything himself, that’s what friends are for! Since we all know how crucial a good group name is, I’d like to motivate each of you to put on your thinking cap, vape a bowl or three and come up with a name. I am not trying to scare y’all but once the thread moves to the big leagues of released vapes it’ll be too late!- we’ll just be known as InVerzion users. :\ Forever.

Vaporware

Happy new week InVerzionators! Inverzennials? Inverted Vertebrates? InVerzionauts? What do you people call yourselves?

I mean, have you had consensus on a group name for this vape? Has this been decided? I might have missed it while reading but don’t think so. I honestly don’t think it’s humanly possible to overstate how massively important it is to create a collective name for the users of a killer vape. Some even believe a good name can contribute to a killer vape’s overall murdery reputation. Now you all know that I never want to come across like that member who thinks they know everything, but I do believe you’ll find that FC rules state, “any device that is known to kick ass is required to have a group name for its true-believers; furthermore, it’s best if this name is a pun”, or something to that effect… idk.

Kinda surprised that inverted didn‘t address this yet tbh, I guess it’s his first vape release and all. Poor guy probably just got caught up in all the details and forgot about one of the biggest manufacturing challenges, it can happen. But guys, inverted shouldn’t have to do everything himself, that’s what friends are for! Since we all know how crucial a good group name is, I’d like to motivate each of you to put on your thinking cap, vape a bowl or three and come up with a name. I am not trying to scare y’all but once the thread moves to the big leagues of released vapes it’ll be too late!- we’ll just be known as InVerzion users. :\ Forever.

invertedisdeadheads? :whoa:

GIF by Bundaberg Brewed Drinks

Reverse Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I really hate to have to post this but I’ve been attempting since April 25 to confirm my order request with the glass shop to no avail.

I don’t really know what to think about this project anymore, after my last frustrated post they contacted me the very next day, but since then it’s again back to radio silence. This is truthfully becoming more stressful than it’s worth for a part that I barely make any money on. Just seems like the incentive to do this has dried up, I mean if I could actually get parts made and get more feedback that might have been something, but I’m as frustrated from spinning my tires as everyone else whose been following this thread.

Right at the beginning of the year I got frustrated with these issues and completed an entirely new desktop project. I went from concept idea to drawing to working prototype in 10 days. Some of these delays are my fault for sure, but I honestly feel like the bulk of this extended lag here is mostly from these glass manufacturers. I mean I’ve tried like 4 or 5 different professional glass shops now. It’s not like it’s some random guy tinkering in his garage, although maybe that would have actually been better.

Anyways maybe I will find someone else who can make these, but IDK, there’s really not much profit on this glass stuff unless you’re the glass blower. And despite all the inflation I’ve continually lowered my prices trying to compete. Plus this vape demands a lot of customer service because everyone naturally has setup and assembly questions, and I really do try to provide thoroughly detailed and helpful responses.

Maybe I’ll pick another idea out of the big book. I just don’t know what to do with this when I can’t get any parts. :huh:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I also had this idea that seemed the GOAT at the beggining,but then realized it would require too much custom work from third parties,so when i started to materialize things i decided to make a concept that doesnt involve that. It is not like they are user re-placeable,cause assembly is not that simple ,but at least if need to repair smth i will have parts in bulk readily available from multiple manufacturers. Yet there is the obstacle of tending to each unit without ot being able to steamline the process,i guess this is the limitation of artisan work.
When you are selling just the glass it is ok for it to be CUSTOM,cause no else could just buy the non-npropriety parts and you will earn nothing form your idea. Every concept has it hurdles it is all about finding the balance. Some ideas are doomed for the time being to not find it,but in time opportunity might present itself. Have you though about reaching to 710 coils or divine tribe ,they seem to have strong connections with quartz workers from China,maybe they can give you a contact,at least the cost will be lower and you will be able to earn on your product decently.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I also had this idea that seemed the GOAT at the beggining,but then realized it would require too much custom work from third parties,so when i started to materialize things i decided to make a concept that doesnt involve that. It is not like they are user re-placeable,cause assembly is not that simple ,but at least if need to repair smth i will have parts in bulk readily available from multiple manufacturers. Yet there is the obstacle of tending to each unit without ot being able to steamline the process,i guess this is the limitation of artisan work.
When you are selling just the glass it is ok for it to be CUSTOM,cause no else could just buy the non-npropriety parts and you will earn nothing form your idea. Every concept has it hurdles it is all about finding the balance. Some ideas are doomed for the time being to not find it,but in time opportunity might present itself. Have you though about reaching to 710 coils or divine tribe ,they seem to have strong connections with quartz workers from China,maybe they can give you a contact,at least the cost will be lower and you will be able to earn on your product decently.

Even though I didn’t want to I even tried China, but the parts are actually a lot more expensive and the quality was less consistent. And they took just as long. The only difference with China is they are very persistent with communicating, but the actual communication is dampened by language barriers which doesn’t help during technical engineering discussion.

Realistically I’m competing against $1 injection molded parts or vertically integrated manufacturers doing all their own production, and I don’t see a great outlet to compete against either with this design.

The 1.7 really needs to be blow molded to be made properly to true tolerance. It’s too simple of a part to want to CNC machine it though, but the tolerances needed are so critical / Goldilocks. If it’s too loose the coil will slip off and if it’s too tight it will crunch the glass on cool down.

I’m just mad I beat the shit out of myself this whole time over stringent glass puritanism when I could have been doing simple lathe turned housings with none of the drawbacks I’ve had to deal with. Well that’s what I get for being hard headed and obsessive I suppose. I truly didn’t know near as much about manufacturing (or anything really) when I started this project as I do now.

Well this unexpected turn of events just took the wind out of my sails!

No 1.777 for you! Come back one year!

It feels like I’m sailing through the Sahara desert 🙃🙃 ⛵⛵⛵⛵

Sorry brother I know you’ve been looking forward to one for a long time. I don’t even have one myself, Mine cracked the other day and I sold all the others. Going without is what usually motivates me to make more though, so who knows. Like I said, if I could get someone to make them I’d still sell them. I mean geez I’d even have Elev8 make them if we could work that out, but IDK how likely that is being a “competitor.”

Also IDK why I act married to this idea when I have 500 others. I guess that’s called the “sunk cost fallacy.”

Maybe I’ll post some other renderings, I’m definitely ready to get some new ideas going.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So did I curse this vape? Said I really dig it & want one, less than two weeks later BOOM - product implosion! Didn’t see that coming. Really frickin’ glad I’d not ordered a coil. Maybe should be glad I missed out on something that’s so fragile and impossible to replace; I mean, when the inventor/creator doesn’t even have a working one?

FC members who own this unicorn should feel very fortunate and use this tiny creature only on special occasions.
Dead InVerzion right on the cusp of page 50, what a fucking shame :disgust:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I've got a InVerzion 1.7 on the way! An unsolicited offer came to me these last few days from someone that had noticed I'd been looking for one, same day as @invertedisdead's bad news though unfortunately. Good timing for me though I guess :-/

Very sorry to hear about the production difficulties @invertedisdead. Onward and upward with new ideas then? Don't be discouraged in the least! Mark me down for whatever else you've got on your plate next for sure. Although snagging things at the absolute last opportunity as they go out of production, and even then just by luck is kinda my thing lately i guess 😂 I rather pick things up first hand if possible.

However, I'm still STOKED to have snagged this one and add to the collection and insert it into its rightful place in the timeline of vape development. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in on this thing @invertedisdead, I'm stoked to give it a spin when it shows up this week.

seki

Sad to hear. I used mine for a little while and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue use because some of the sandblasting on the joint started to wear off. Fortunately for me, I was able to reach out to @invertedisdead to secure one of the last batch to replace it before they were all snatched up.

I think my older unit is salvageable but will require some careful sanding or some other sort of fix but I'm not that familiar with glass work. I've been meaning to attempt some sort of repair, but it'll probably be a long while (if ever) before I get to it.

If anyone's interesting in trying to resurrect it, it's yours for the cost of shipping from Canada. Here are some pics of the wear you'd need to address:
inv1-old.jpg

inv1-old1.jpg

inv1-old2.jpg

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Sad to hear. I used mine for a little while and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue use because some of the sandblasting on the joint started to wear off. Fortunately for me, I was able to reach out to @invertedisdead to secure one of the last batch to replace it before they were all snatched up.

I think my older unit is salvageable but will require some careful sanding or some other sort of fix but I'm not that familiar with glass work. I've been meaning to attempt some sort of repair, but it'll probably be a long while (if ever) before I get to it.

If anyone's interesting in trying to resurrect it, it's yours for the cost of shipping from Canada. Here are some pics of the wear you'd need to address:
inv1-old.jpg

inv1-old1.jpg

inv1-old2.jpg
I'll take it.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Brutal seeing the discontinued tag on this but don't let it get you down too much! I'm beyond excited to see what other ideas you might come up with or just your continued input on DIY vape production. I'm not lucky enough to score one of these wonderful creations but I've learned a bunch reading this thread from design to manufacturing to just the great community we have here! All of the work you've done has value in that alone!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So did I curse this vape? Said I really dig it & want one, less than two weeks later BOOM - product implosion! Didn’t see that coming. Really frickin’ glad I’d not ordered a coil. Maybe should be glad I missed out on something that’s so fragile and impossible to replace; I mean, when the inventor/creator doesn’t even have a working one?

FC members who own this unicorn should feel very fortunate and use this tiny creature only on special occasions.
Dead InVerzion right on the cusp of page 50, what a fucking shame :disgust:

Well all glass vapes are ultimately going to be kind of fragile, my FC buddy Bleach was just talking about this in his thread the other day about complications he’s gone through. I noticed his latest design eliminates the glass components.

It’s not totally impossible to replace these as I’m sending out two new housings this week to previous buyers. But it’s true I don’t really have anyone to build them for me right now. This has happened a few times before during this project. But it’s possible I could find someone else. I have a slightly refined design I would try on some new ones for another bump up in airflow. To be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if I hear from the glass shop today 😂

Either way, InVerzion 1.7 is just one vape that’s already gone through many iterations to get to that stage. InV2 will pick up where that one left off. It just won’t be made of glass.

InV1.5 is actually the more durable platform since it uses my coil suspension arm which was a prominent feature that was inspired by quartz bangers. The original InV1 design and my idea to use ruby terp pearls was largely inspired by my dab gear. I’ve never had a 1.5 break ever, but I only ever sold one of them to my good buddy @arb

I sort of have a feeling he’s still ripping that 1.5 right now as I type this, if you’re reading this one Arb, we miss ya buddy!!!

I still have a few extra 1.5’s and even a 1.4 floating around, eventually I’ll probably fill those housings with beads and post them in the classifieds.

I've got a InVerzion 1.7 on the way! An unsolicited offer came to me these last few days from someone that had noticed I'd been looking for one, same day as @invertedisdead's bad news though unfortunately. Good timing for me though I guess :-/

Very sorry to hear about the production difficulties @invertedisdead. Onward and upward with new ideas then? Don't be discouraged in the least! Mark me down for whatever else you've got on your plate next for sure. Although snagging things at the absolute last opportunity as they go out of production, and even then just by luck is kinda my thing lately i guess 😂 I rather pick things up first hand if possible.

However, I'm still STOKED to have snagged this one and add to the collection and insert it into its rightful place in the timeline of vape development. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in on this thing @invertedisdead, I'm stoked to give it a spin when it shows up this week.

:rockon::rockon::rockon: I’m really stoked that was able to work itself out! I’ve truly been wanting to get one down to you for your vape museum; there’s a good amount of cool people like yourself that have been looking forward to rocking one for a while, so I’m disappointed that I couldn’t at least fulfill the bulk list of people who have been waiting. But I really appreciate the support and enthusiasm, it means a lot, ‘cause I’m definitely not throwing in the towel! In fact people that have bought a 1.7 from me can probably attest that I never stop sending them concepts for new things 😂

inv1-old.jpg

inv1-old1.jpg

inv1-old2.jpg

A very incredible and gracious offer from a really, really kind and awesome FC member! I know someone will take that offer up!

This one is from the Quartz 1.7 run too so these can even be safely torched. Perhaps the joint could be polished with a wet sand with silicon carbide paper.

These joints were supposed to be flame polished on those per the drawing, but the quartz shop somehow overlooked that.

Brutal seeing the discontinued tag on this but don't let it get you down too much! I'm beyond excited to see what other ideas you might come up with or just your continued input on DIY vape production. I'm not lucky enough to score one of these wonderful creations but I've learned a bunch reading this thread from design to manufacturing to just the great community we have here! All of the work you've done has value in that alone!

Damn that discontinued label definitely caught me off guard, I was going to post new renderings yesterday! I’m still kinda working on modeling these new ones though.

InV2 will look almost the same as the 1.7, but the fixed internals will be totally different. InV2 will have more mass, more usable surface area, new airflow routing, and a different take on HSA convection. InV2 will utilize “long path” mixing as seen in devices such as the Supreme, Volcano Hybrid, and the TinyMight; while retaining the same injector form factor.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is this the stock 1.7 heater? @invertedisdead

Which one, the one in @seki post?
That one is from the earlier quartz run, the most recent ones are borosilicate. The quartz version has a 1CM longer bead chamber, and the boro one has a 1CM longer joint; but they are both the same overall length.

The vape in the video above is a different prototype desktop I made in December/January to try some new air mixing techniques.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Which one, the one in @seki post?
That one is from the earlier quartz run, the most recent ones are borosilicate. The quartz version has a 1CM longer bead chamber, and the boro one has a 1CM longer joint; but they are both the same overall length.

The vape in the video above is a different prototype desktop I made in December/January to try some new air mixing techniques.
I'm talking about that video that thing looks killer. Are we allowed to see how it works?

Top Bottom