Phase3 Vaporizers

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Milks very quickly and still has great taste and density :brow:. I would encourage people not to dismiss this just because it looks like it is similar to others on the market now too. This one was designed intentionally and thoughtfully, Cheers!
This is perfectly stated. It might look minimalistic compared to other designs but it's been tweaked and optimised over a number of revisions, even though the 1.7 is the first version made available. This is a scalpel, it's a precise tool and is a complete delight to use and own.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Its probably a stupid question, but how is this different to an Atlas without the wooden handle?

The atlas has a SS cartridge heater powered by a vvps that is inside the heater body. The inV is coil driven, powered by a PID on the outside of the heater. The inV has a shortened joint to improve the air at the edge of the bowl, the atlas has a full length joint. The only similarity really is the ruby balls!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow, thank you every one who commented on here or reached out to me through PM, I haven't even had time to get back to everyone yet, but I will.

I have to admit this resurgent interest totally caught me by surprise,

But I really would like to make some more 1.7's, and possibly the two other parts that go to complete the system. I've still been enjoying my older 1.5 but definitely find myself missing the 1.7's much improved vortex airflow.

I'm looking for a new domestic manufacturer who can deliver consistent quality parts. I think this design still has a place if I can hit the right price point.

This is perfectly stated. It might look minimalistic compared to other designs but it's been tweaked and optimised over a number of revisions, even though the 1.7 is the first version made available. This is a scalpel, it's a precise tool and is a complete delight to use and own.

:rockon::rockon:A scalpel, I like the zing of that!

I definitely draw a lot of inspiration from a minimalist perspective, "less was always more" is an idea I tend to hold.

Much of the magic is in the 1.7's dimensions and ratios, refined over generations to balance the flow rate with the heat transfer rate for optimum performance.

Most people equate ball vapes to turbulence, but the efficacy of turbulent mixing is highly dependent upon the flow rate. And as always (every action has an equal and opposite reaction) so like Goldilocks, it's not about the most or the least, but the "just right" amount. An analogy would be like the steering response in a sports car, you don't want a bunch of oversteer, nor understeer; but a car that tracks effortlessly through corners exactly where you want it to go!

I'm still very happy with my purchase, and I hope that this train can pick up some momentum so I can see more people getting inverted in 2022.

Here's a hit I did earlier on the SoL you wanted to see @invertedisdead . It does a pretty good job at stacking bubbles but still preserving flavor. I really wanted to get a better video and try to clear it all in one hit, but my lungs were so full I forgot what I was doing. Like taking a jab to the nose.

As I watch the playback, it's apparent that my coil has loosened up a little since the last time I used it, and I need to adjust it as soon as it cools down. You can see it has a little play when I set it into the drop-down joint, but it always catches on the top lip so it's not going anywhere, but not worth the risk either.

Milks very quickly and still has great taste and density :brow:. I would encourage people not to dismiss this just because it looks like it is similar to others on the market now too. This one was designed intentionally and thoughtfully, Cheers!

Looking most excellent plowing that plethora of craft cooked air through that SoL lace sphere!!!
Definitely appreciate you posting that vid and revving peoples engines up 🏎️🏎️🏎️
Thank you brother for your feedback and support!

MikeRotchHertz

Good to see you back on here and the support from others speaks volumes. I imagine I lost some efficiency with that slightly loose coil. Imagine it when it's transferring heat correctly, and it can produce even more craft vapor.

I forgot to include the AVB shot as well. Sometimes I go darker with it, but it always extracts everything.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I sent out quotes to over 20 shops, and received a whole range of responses - but it looks like I found a long-standing glass shop who is ready and willing to make these parts!

I’m going to try and secure 10 samples to check the quality, and just go from there.

The working goal is to make this one more affordable and accessible than previous iterations, through more cost effective manufacturing processes, and position it as a budget heavy with big value. The idea is to sort of cull out anything that represents diminishing returns on the price : performance ratio.

Will update when I have more info :leaf:

Appreciate everyone following along 🇺🇸

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Talking the walk testing novel low drag technologies for inducing transitional turbulent fl0w.

Briefly wrapped up in this project and just waiting for funds to clear to order 1.7’s... in the meantime, plenty of experiments going down in the laborium, to be weighed and measured :science:

shout out to everyone coming along for the ride!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nice to see action is still going on in this thread. Still down to snag one but looks like missed the list. Will try checking this thread more often for the next one. Keep up the work InD!

I can set you up with one from this upcoming batch if you'd like as you were a very, very original supporter of this project, and I definitely haven’t forgot.

I really appreciate everyone who has recently reached out, I’ve been a bit busy and haven’t had time to reply to everyone but I greatly appreciate the support people have offered, especially the kind gestures from folks to help fund this project. I definitely appreciate the help, I don’t think I will need it right at this time, but I do sincerely appreciate the offers.

I just want to address a couple things real quick;

I keep getting messages about waiting lists, which I greatly appreciate - but truthfully after testing out this upcoming evaluation batch from this new manufacturer, the real goal is to order a bunch of them and just have them available to buy as a stocked and standardized part. The idea is to make these really easy to get, instead of requiring some external process to obtain one. The estimated price on the new USA made InV1.7 housings (empty) is ~$60 USD, and I will also offer them fitted with sapphire internals from the same source I have been using for ~3 years, for an additional charge, to be determined upon receipt of all my materials.

Also I appreciate your patience as I work through these delays, I must confess that during my brief forum hiatus, not really being one to just "give up," I jumped right into the rapid development of a new desktop concept, as demonstrated in the video clip a few posts above (1,094) in the "hybrid" configuration. Full convection mode is also available (with the same bowl)

Anyways this is what wrapped my funds up temporarily, but interest pertaining, I am fully committed to the InV1.7 project before moving any further with pursing future ideas. However with 1.7 being essentially "completed" my working slate is also quite clean. The 1.7 parts are now on order, and I will update when I hear further on their ETA.

Note: Upcoming 1.7 changes based on feedback from the evaluation phase - the overall part length remains identical, however 1CM of terp pearl loading space has been removed for airflow reasons and optimization of coil contact, in exchange for increasing the length of the joint to 10mm long. Testers commented that the ultra short 1CM joint of the original 1.7 prototypes did not sit as securely across various bowls as they would have preferred, for hands free usage, thus the new parts will much more securely sit inside 19mm female joints. The joints will also be unground to reduce binding.

Thanks all!

🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What size coil? 16 or 20 or 25 or ????

Have you found any particular brand and wrap works best? Recommendations?

The 1.7 is sized for a 16MM XLR coil, I'm using Disorderly Conduction and 710Coils which are easy to recommend, but it shouldn't matter much. It's been designed so the only thing that really matters is the internal diameter of the coil. I'm pretty sure the 710coils have a longer length cable, which people may prefer or not prefer, depending on their specific setup.

Also the slightly reduced height of the bead chamber is to eliminate any aftermarket coil stretching, so folks can just use their XLR cable as-is right out of the box, with minimal fuss. For the most part it should be plug and play to get up and running.

Top Bottom