Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
We can buy them? Where? :D

The goal of my on-demand vape was to build something that could compete with, say a Vapcap in terms of price/barrier-to-entry; but with vapor quality that could match a $$$ top tier convection device.
It just needs some further testing as I’ve since improved upon the design from the initial concept and prototype I had built.

@invertedisdead

450F is quite low, have you tried to invert bowl and heater, i mean boroscilate for the heater, better conduction, but i won't know if it can sustain the heat variance.

And quartz bowl to reduce conduction lose and let be able to stretch the bowl ?
I know u're a one hit boy :ko:

My original prototype heater housing was borosilicate (I posted it a page or two ago, it's the one filled with blue sapphires) but in reality boro glass just isn't ideal for this usage scenario.
Firstly, Borosilicate glass is not really meant for sustained continuous heating much over 200C. Since this is a desktop, and directly heated by a coil it needs to be able to handle being powered on for an indefinite amount of time without issue. Borosilicate just isn't ideal for that, among other reasons - such as how it expands more than quartz when heated. The only major benefit to boro in this case is that it's considerably cheaper to build, as my quartz parts are around 500% more.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding conduction as this is basically pure convection vapor, but if you want to stretch a bowl out you can just turn the temperature down or take smaller inhales. I do tend to go for more of a bong hit type experience, but you dont have to cache a bowl in one or two hits if you like a more drawn out experience, though it's definitely more of a ripper than a sipper. It's quite a bit more efficient at heat transfer than my earlier prototype which was a few hundred degrees higher in operating temp. I realize that 450F probably seems low compared to some other PID powered vapes, but it starts getting dark pretty quick once I get up to around 500F.

For recreational users who don’t want to use a lot, you’re right. I tried really micro-dosing and not doing it very often, and that did have more mental effects, but it just wasn’t getting the job done physically.

Still, right now I usually only use ~0.1-0.2g a day (plus edibles), I just spread it out over a longer period, so rather than heating it up again soon after it cools down I just keep it on until I’m done for the night. :)

My stance on heat-up time is this: if the reason we're turning the vape off is to "reduce dependency" I think in many cases on demand, instant heating device is frankly worse for someone who struggles with their usage.

This is the only logical explanation I can fathom for any of the intolerable delays predicatulated upon your persons.........patience is a non virtue?
It's not a delay if I'm coming from the future 👽

Mr. Spacely: JETSON! What are you doing?
George Jetson: Goofing off, Sir!

Vapefanatic

The goal of my on-demand vape was to build something that could compete with, say a Vapcap in terms of price/barrier-to-entry; but with vapor quality that could match a $$$ top tier convection device.
It just needs some further testing as I’ve since improved upon the design from the initial concept and prototype I had built.

My original prototype heater housing was borosilicate (I posted it a page or two ago, it's the one filled with blue sapphires) but in reality boro glass just isn't ideal for this usage scenario.
Firstly, Borosilicate glass is not really meant for sustained continuous heating much over 200C. Since this is a desktop, and directly heated by a coil it needs to be able to handle being powered on for an indefinite amount of time without issue. Borosilicate just isn't ideal for that, among other reasons - such as how it expands more than quartz when heated. The only major benefit to boro in this case is that it's considerably cheaper to build, as my quartz parts are around 500% more.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding conduction as this is basically pure convection vapor, but if you want to stretch a bowl out you can just turn the temperature down or take smaller inhales. I do tend to go for more of a bong hit type experience, but you dont have to cache a bowl in one or two hits if you like a more drawn out experience, though it's definitely more of a ripper than a sipper. It's quite a bit more efficient at heat transfer than my earlier prototype which was a few hundred degrees higher in operating temp. I realize that 450F probably seems low compared to some other PID powered vapes, but it starts getting dark pretty quick once I get up to around 500F.

My stance on heat-up time is this: if the reason we're turning the vape off is to "reduce dependency" I think in many cases on demand, instant heating device is frankly worse for someone who struggles with their usage.

It's not a delay if I'm coming from the future 👽

Mr. Spacely: JETSON! What are you doing?
George Jetson: Goofing off, Sir!
Was just horsing around. I am aware of the long queue. I'll wait patiently in line. Do I need to email someone to get on a list?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Was just horsing around. I am aware of the long queue. I'll wait patiently in line. Do I need to email someone to get on a list?

I was just pointing out that the last video I posted is indeed a very different vape than what most of this thread has been about as it's true on-demand :ninja:

There is no official waiting list for my desktop vaporizer as of yet, except for a couple of people who get first dibs for their incredible support of my project!

I'm thinking how it will work is initially releasing batches in waves, with X amount of slots, tied to a pre-order. This will guarantee a vape for those on that list and will help me fund the initial parts. Ideally, this would eventually turn into something that is in stock and ready to ship without any waiting. AFAIK this vape has not yet been posted anywhere else so I'm still kind of unaware of the true demand, and not sure how long it would take to get towards being a stocked item. The G43 wait list for example grew faster then they could be produced, though I'm not sure if that will happen with this vape as it costs more to build than the G sold for so it will be more expensive.

Shadooz

@invertedisdead

I know that boro is weaker, dependent of the quality, but sustain long heat up isn't the issue. It would be more the fast thermal change that can break it.
Your prototype broke but not due to heat as i understood but manipulation.
But you say to put it higher than 450F which seems strange due to physical property

For the conduction i know how convection device work, but it always warm the bowl. With my herbo i do a cooling draw some time just to be sure. But it's just for convenient improvement.
So If it's 5 time the price...

For the bong experience i see u got sometime "les yeux plus gros que le ventre" for your demonstrative video as u cough. That's where stretching is better, cause there is a minimum load to get taste and density, but for me it's enough to divided it into smaller rips(+20% thc bud)

Anyway, you seem quite ready, so i wish you good luck with the first batch

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

I was just pointing out that the last video I posted is indeed a very different vape than what most of this thread has been about as it's true on-demand :ninja:

There is no official waiting list for my desktop vaporizer as of yet, except for a couple of people who get first dibs for their incredible support of my project!

I'm thinking how it will work is initially releasing batches in waves, with X amount of slots, tied to a pre-order. This will guarantee a vape for those on that list and will help me fund the initial parts. Ideally, this would eventually turn into something that is in stock and ready to ship without any waiting. AFAIK this vape has not yet been posted anywhere else so I'm still kind of unaware of the true demand, and not sure how long it would take to get towards being a stocked item. The G43 wait list for example grew faster then they could be produced, though I'm not sure if that will happen with this vape as it costs more to build than the G sold for so it will be more expensive.
Ready whenever you are buddy!

C-weed

and remeber...i love you for this...:rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Was vaping this morning and something just felt a little off, had to take a picture of what I discovered.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

C9-A137-BC-B0-E0-438-C-B143-3-D025597-E3-DA.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Damn B............you need some screens homie?

That's the only screen I have on hand in that size, it was pulled a while back from a retired Volcano Classic solid valve assembly, then folded into a basket so it sits further down in the reducer and allows for larger bowl packs. Once I receive my parts with the appropriate joint work my herb capacity will go way up without needing a basket.

My Volcano is from 2006 so it's possible that screen is 10+ years old lol.

That's one way to double the potency of your hit, but it's a slippery slope. Next thing you know you're hitting a stack of five bowls at a time! :rockon:

:rofl: Plus you know there'd be somebody in the microdose thread, rationalizing about how they only vape a stack of THREE bowls at a time! :rofl: :rofl:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I got Smores and a fire going!

It’s snowing at the campsite.... need some glass balls to warm me up🤣

No updates on the desktop InV1 yet, though Smores by the fire sounds pretty delightful to me! I did come up with a pretty cool and compelling vape concept yesterday afternoon, based on my working SCVW Mini! :science: @Morty was asking me about my microdose friendly concept and that got the gears turning!

SCVW Mini

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
No updates on the desktop InV1 yet, though Smores by the fire sounds pretty delightful to me! I did come up with a pretty cool and compelling vape concept yesterday afternoon, based on my working SCVW Mini! :science: @Morty was asking me about my microdose friendly concept and that got the gears turning!

SCVW Mini
That looks stellar!

I micro-dose with E-Nano right now.... so im all for this. All glass still? I might have missed it... whats the SCVW Mini?

Morty

I did come up with a pretty cool and compelling vape concept yesterday afternoon, based on my working SCVW Mini! :science: @Morty was asking me about my microdose friendly concept and that got the gears turning!
:cool: Nice!!!! How micro was that load? That was a fatty cloud!!! :o Impressive. Please keep me updated. Very, very interested. Keep up the good work homie! :tup:

@arb Enjoy your banter on Vaporents. Shit had me in stitches. 😆 Informative too! Can't wait to see how the InV1 stacks up against the Alpha.

@Alexis "Kava can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using kava". Put that titty away bro. Serious.

:wave:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I see we have the same barber.
👴

"I feel like letting my freak flag fly!"

That looks stellar!

I micro-dose with E-Nano right now.... so im all for this. All glass still? I might have missed it... whats the SCVW Mini?

The SCVW Mini is a budget torch powered convection vaporizer, it uses the same materials as my desktop vaporizer - Quartz + Sapphire/Ruby

:cool: Nice!!!! How micro was that load? That was a fatty cloud!!! :o Impressive. Please keep me updated. Very, very interested. Keep up the good work homie! :tup:

Thank you, my friend!! :cheers:
That vid is a few months older than my hazy memory can recall :science: most likely around 50-75mg!

Last edited:
Top Bottom