Infusing coconut cream?

GenYHippie

I tried a search first but was fairly fruitless. Anyone infuse canned coconut CREAM for edibles? Its something I use fairly often and it would be easy to freeze and pop a cube into my meal...

What I can usually get is 35% fat would that be enough? Other than tincture I haven't done much with edibles but it has become necessity. Would I use similar process to infusing dairy cream?

With so many allergies unusually have to get creative. So it helps to understand the basic sciency stuff ;)

GenYHippie,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I tried a search first but was fairly fruitless. Anyone infuse canned coconut CREAM for edibles? Its something I use fairly often and it would be easy to freeze and pop a cube into my meal...

What I can usually get is 35% fat would that be enough? Other than tincture I haven't done much with edibles but it has become necessity. Would I use similar process to infusing dairy cream?

With so many allergies unusually have to get creative. So it helps to understand the basic sciency stuff ;)

Ive never heard of coconut cream, but with 35% fat it should work. I would definately use lecithin and a concentrate and mix it well. An emursion blender would mix it pretty good before freezing.

GenYHippie

Ive never heard of coconut cream, but with 35% fat it should work. I would definately use lecithin and a concentrate and mix it well. An emursion blender would mix it pretty good before freezing.
Thank you. I don't have any concentrate I was thinking just flower or keif. Thank you for the advice :)

GenYHippie,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
shopping

GenYHippie

@
Sorry I was major stoned when I replied totally missed the lecith thing 😂! Would granules be OK since it's a hot process? Liquid solvent free soy free is expensive anyway but the liquid is really over the top and in allergic to soy

GenYHippie,

shredder

@

Sorry I was major stoned when I replied totally missed the lecith thing 😂! Would granules be OK since it's a hot process? Liquid solvent free soy free is expensive anyway but the liquid is really over the top and in allergic to soy

Granules are ok if you can melt them so it mixes. You need some heat to melt it in.

I prefer liquid and i use sunflower lecithin. If your alergic to soy then definately use sunflower lecithin. It comes in granules and liquid.

GenYHippie

Granules are ok if you can melt them so it mixes. You need some heat to melt it in.

I prefer liquid and i use sunflower lecithin. If your alergic to soy then definately use sunflower lecithin. It comes in granules and liquid.
Thank you! I'll mostly likely be doing the infusion in the pressure cooker so I shouldn't have an issue dissolving the granules

GenYHippie,

GenYHippie

Interesting. How different is it than coconut oil?
Well the fattier cream that rises in the can is alot like dairy products butter creamy but hard like coconut oil.

The rest underneath is rich coconut milk. If you melt it all together like got hot cocoa it's like ultra rich dairy cream.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well the fattier cream that rises in the can is alot like dairy products butter creamy but hard like coconut oil.

The rest underneath is rich coconut milk. If you melt it all together like got hot cocoa it's like ultra rich dairy cream.

Thanks. I'll have to try it eventually :tup:

Top Bottom