Infused Honey and Syrup

TwistedGray

There was a demo on Viceland's Bong Appetite show that showed how. I vaguely remember them taking honey and decarb'd cannabis, put it into a jar, and then used the water bath trick. I do, too, like cannabis infused honey :)

TwistedGray,

shredder

I ALWAYS make butter and love cooking with it... I also love honey and syrup.

Anyone have recipes for infusing honey/syrup?
There are different recipes for syrups, like maple syrup and honey.

You can make a tincture using alcohol, render that down and add it to either. Mix well and evaporate the alcohol. Walla presto infusion.

Or make a strong oil infusion using lecithin in a small amount of oil and emulsify the oil in a water based syrup/honey.

Lecithin is the emulsifier that allows the cannabis oil to mix with a water based syrup. Sometimes these syrup infusions will start to seperate. I store my maple syrup in a ketchup squeeze bottle. And I microwave it for 15 seconds and give it a quick shake to keep it mixed before use.

And one thing I like to have around is infused honey butter. I make an extra strong cup of infused butter and use a mixer to add in a half cup of honey, whipping air into the mix with the mixer. Honey that's started to crystalize works great for this.
Then just store in the fridge for a whipped honey spread.

I used some infused maple syrup today. I added it to some lemonade and had a pretty nice afternoon. :mmmm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom