Induction Heater - Smoke/Off Gassing?

RoboCorn9

I still have not returned my Apollo 2.. even if i vape only EU legal CBD hemp which smell and taste just like the big brother, i am not so very keen on having customs and law enforcement potentially questioning the package containing the Apollo 2 unit when shipped out of the country to the shop i bought it from.

@TommyDee i know you said the smell gathering up in the chamber is different, but how sure are you about this?

If its even a minimal risk of any unnecessary headache by sending it back, then i rather just use the unit as it is, maybe just ask for a possible replacement siliconcap for the button in the heating chamber, and if the unit breaks down the line, just buy a new one.

Anyone else reading this, please share your thoughts as well. :)

Last edited:
RoboCorn9,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I am very sure of what I was seeing in mine. Also had confirmation from another user about this phenomenon.

The IH I was using had a glass vial which has the closed bottom. My IH had the vial oriented horizontally. The vape went straight to the glass and condensed there. Ever since, I can always see that whisp is terps that are adhered to the cap in the form of kief.

Quick test is to activate the unit with a non-metallic object. The insides will still heat up. The timer will stop the action at 10 seconds. If you detect no smoke, or no smells beyond dust getting hot, then you are good to go.

TommyDee,
Reactions: RoboCorn9

RoboCorn9

Quick test is to activate the unit with a non-metallic object. The insides will still heat up. The timer will stop the action at 10 seconds. If you detect no smoke, or no smells beyond dust getting hot, then you are good to go.

I don't know how IH heating works so please excuse my stupid questions, but you mean i can activate the IH with for example a pice of plastic, without it melting?

RoboCorn9,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Correct @RoboCorn9 - only iron bits get hot. Careful, pens and pencils could heat up. The plastic tube without metal bits, no problem at all.

Induction heating works by yanking electrons around in their bulk material. That bulk material has to resist this motion to heat up. Iron is one of those materials.

TommyDee,
Reactions: RoboCorn9

RoboCorn9

@TommyDee Haha now i feel really darn stupid! :lol: Would i just have read up on how a IH works, then i would just have tried activate it with something non metal first ting.

So tried a chopstick to activate now, no smoke no nothing.

Thanks for all the help!

RoboCorn9,

herbasam

Hello everyone!

Since i bought a Dynatec Apollo 2 for my Dynavap i have noticed this smoke/off gassing inside the chamber/coil after i have heated and lifted the Dynavap.

I have searched the web, and i can find some short discussions elsewhere about this topic, but nothing about what it really is, or why its happening, only speculations, but at least its happening to others as well, and not only with the Apollo 2 unit.
Some people are speculating its heated/burned oil from the fingers on the cap, or that its coming from the Dynavap itself, i find the last one most unlikely since its just metal, but could it be that its actually from the Dynavap?

I have tried 2 different Dynavap just to make sure , with a load as well as empty, newly cleaned with Isopropyl alcohol and empty, even to the point that i have not even touched the Dynavap or the Cap after cleaning, just to make sure there is no oil, still i get this smoke/off gassing in the heating chamber of the Apollo 2...
I doubt there could be oil from the fingers on the Cap that not even Isopropyl alcohol can clean off, and that also 10 heating cycles after each other would not burn away, but what do i know...
Only thing i can clearly determine is that its not coming from one specific Dynavap, or from material in the Dynavap sipping trough the cap while being heated in the Apollo 2.
So its either coming from the Apollo 2 unit, or both of my Dynavap, again, i find the last one most unlikely since its just metal, but what do i know...

I have now returned my Apollo 2 since the shop i bought it from says it not normal, i can now either get my money back, or get a new unit and hopefully it will not produce this smoke/off gassing, but what do i do it the new unit dose the same...

In other words, is this normal?

Have any of you guys experienced the same with the Apollo 2, or other units?

Do anyone know what it is, and why its happening?

Thanks! :)
I have the same problem and the vapor that come out of it smells awful and when I smell near the power button of the unit its smell like electronics or plastic also the power adapter seems to smells the exact same thing and it seem like I can smell it a little bit in the chamber too and after a couple hits the body feels warm. Itried asking dynatec what was the temperature rating of the button cover inside the heating chamber and I didn't get an answer they said it's weird and sorry you don't like it or something like that (mine is outside warranty.) I don't feel like bothering again so if someone can get an answer regarding that I would appreciate.

herbasam,

herbasam

Yeah its every heat cycle... When ever i heated the Dynavap its smoke streaks left in the heating chamber of the Apollo 2, it lingers camly for a short while before it disappears, and the streaks seem to emanate from the bottom of the heat chamber.

I guess i will ask for a replacement unit, and hope with the new one its at least just very little smoke, and only the first heat cycle..

I would still like to know what this smoke is coming from, and what it is..
I have the same problem and the vapor that come out of it smells awful and when I smell near the power button of the unit its smell like electronics or plastic also the power adapter seems to smells the exact same thing and it seem like I can smell it a little bit in the chamber too and after a couple hits the body feels warm. Itried asking dynatec what was the temperature rating of the button cover inside the heating chamber and I didn't get an answer they said it's weird and sorry you don't like it or something like that (mine is outside warranty.) I don't feel like bothering again so if someone can get an answer regarding that I would appreciate.

herbasam,

Ultiv8r

Whoa I thought I had a lemon. I returned mine as it started to smell of burnt ass plastic after a couple weeks. That smell stayed on the cap. Even if it was just in my head when I noticed it was because I could taste it. Same time I thought I was starting to get a cold. Again I have no proof it was the cause but I stopped using the thing and got better quickly. Especially my lungs

Look in the glass tube and at the bottom where the white silicone switch is - the BLACK shell under and around that. Looks spiraled a bit. That was melting in between the spirals. They didn’t even question the return.

I realize this thread hasn’t gotten replies in a minute but if you smell plastic burning on that Apollo 2 it is!

Ultiv8r,
Top Bottom